It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symposium

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Looks like an interesting book and a great resource site too! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I am going to try the fire with the battery this weekend.

As to the llamasists ( is that a word?) or the Tibetan Buddhists I don't know if it is wise to blame everone for the errors of a few. I still liked the saying.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
just bumping the thread --- so it will appear in my 'post' list ---

and i can access the thread more easily on a future date when i have something to contribute

thanks

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio
Welcome St Udio I can see where some of your thoughts go along with my own.

from DISRAELI's thread:

afterthought:
the mortal head wound given Stateism was the division of Germany (Reich)... the mortal head-wound recovery was the reunification of Germany,
hence the 3rd Reich can once again rise for its 1,000 year reign
(under the directorship of the 2nd beast, from the land)
America is fast becoming that 'Statism' ideology/ fascist-corporate-govt

I've been thinking of the current US as the mirror image of Nazi Germany since about 2006. The German Protestant thought being post-millennial (1,000 years, and then Christ's return) whereas the growing consensus in the US today is pre-millennial (return of Christ, and then the 1,000 yrs). Therefore, the two horned beast (USrael), is setting up the mirror image as opposed to an exact image of the mortally wounded beast.

I've just finished reading Allies for Armageddon: The Rise of Christian Zionism by Victoria Clark and am now reading Twisted Cross: The German Christian Movement in the Third Reich by Doris L. Bergen. The German Christian Movement in the Third Reich served the same purpose for the Reich that Christian Zionism serves in the US today, the cloak of Christian respectability, the sense that this isn't something new, but rather the continuation of long standing tradition.

Whereas the GCM(German Christian Movement) admitted Volkisch-ness racial, cultural, national identity as the primary revelation of God, prior to and superior to scripture, the ACZ (American Christian Zionists) admit a fetishistic attitude toward Jewishness and the so-called Jewish state of Israel which stands beside scripture and serves as the lens through which scripture is to be understood.

Whereas GCM saw their own racial purity as paramount in establishing a rule to last 1,000 years, the ACZ sees the ethnic purity of a certain chunk of land (Palestine with Jews only, all others removed through deportation or death) as paramount to the setting up of a temporary (3 1/2 years) situation consciously intended to be obliterated with great worldwide loss of life before the 1,000 yrs begins.

This last point should be emphasized greatly.

The scheme is to set something up to be destroyed with great loss of life.

Since the Americans have fetishized the Jews, they wreck every attempt at setting up a Palestinian state. In the ACZ scheme, the Palestinians must simply cease to exist, in much the same way that the Jews were meant to be gone from the Third Reich.

If the sacrifice through holocaust of millions of Jews for the benefit of 1000 years of peace was bad, then what would be the appropriate description of holocaust of millions of Palestinians for the sake of a 3 1/2 year false peace ending in the mass destruction of all humans on earth?

And what exactly should we call the American Christian Zionist who are actively doing this thing?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Apparently there is a guy who is taking out of print books by Were and doing an OCR on them and putting them up on Scribner's. That's how I got that one book. Another one the same guy put up is called The Battle for the Kingship of the World. He has as the date for it as 1950 which has to be wrong because Were quotes from a book published in 1955. Anyway, he says something interesting in that he says that the Catholic Church will side up with the opposing countries to defeat communism, to consolidate their own power. That's rather prophetic on Were's part, seeing as it would have seemed a long-shot back then. But we kind of see it coming true with the Russian Church looking to join up with the Catholics in some sort of league.

edit on 8-9-2010 by jmdewey60 because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I just now bookmarked the Were book on Bible Principles.

I don't see the RCC as a major actor. It seems to exist in order to continue in existence. As such, it forms alliances with those they consider strong enough to survive longer than the opposition. They sided with German Christian Movement and Neo-Pagan Nazis against Jews and Communists. Now they want some say in American politics through the Council of American Bishops. But I really don't see them as the driving force but rather as opportunistic tag-alongs when compared to the Fundamentalists in America.

In fact, if they manage to gain enough strength through merging with traditional Orthodox, and Anglican and Lutheran, they may go up against the American Fundies, but I really don't see that happening.

I've been meaning to get around to finding out how Ratzinger ended up being the Pope. The two most likely candidates at the time were the Cardinal in the Philippines and Cuba, if I remember correctly. I don't remember Ratzinger being mentioned at all. Because of the child abuse scandal maybe? Seeing as he was the one with all the facts because of being the head of the Inquisition?

edit on 8-9-2010 by pthena because: to add a paragraph

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Andy Gause, a gold dealer, was on Coast to Coast Saturday night talking about the Federal Reserve system and how the IMF is forcing other countries to adopt a dollar parity scheme. The host, Ian Punnet, made a remark about how the financial monetary systems of all these countries were being, step by step, dominated by us. Us? Well that is the mistake we make, when we think the system that we are subjected to is somehow, us.
I think it is something like tools within tools to where it is hard to figure out who is really behind everything, where we are compartmentalised so we only see a narrow view, while the real perpetrators hide in obscurity.
What we think of as an American movement may be something quite foreign that has been foisted upon us and given a label that makes us accept it, using people's natural inclination to feel patriotic.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Here is a quote from “The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers,” volume II, LeRoy E. Froom:

In two bulls, of May 4 and 5, 1493, Alexander VI presumed to divide the Western world between Portugal and Spain by a line one hundred leagues west of the Azores, north and south. The possession of the lands discovered, and to be discovered, was assigned to the two countries to be held in perpetuity ... Thus half the globe was divided between Spain and Portugal.
“As Peter’s successor, the pope claimed the right to give away the Western continent, a gift that involved an unending right of tenure,”
Notice the words in perpetuity, and unending. I never heard of a papal bull nullifying this. A nice movie to watch about how nice (sarcasm) the Fascists were in Spain, is Pan's Labyrinth by Guillermo del Toro. The monarchy was kicked out, more or less, at least that was the affect, that the king left the country, in favor of a constitutional republic where the head of state was democratically elected. On the other side were the entrenched military bureaucracy allied with monarchists and fascists who decided to do a coup against the republic. So we have the Nazi regime helping the Fascists, along with corporate America which lent material support in the way of trucks and fuel and tires.
As a result, we still have a king and queen of Spain, who I suppose own America. We have people like Perry, Gov. of Texas selling the roads to a front company owned by the king of Spain, and the Gov. of Florida was trying to do the same thing. Another thing that bothers me is that the Supreme Court is populated by, if not Zionist Jews, then Roman Catholics. That makes me a little nervous about the possibility of our own republic going the way of fascism, which may be a joke since it looks like we already are and have been so for a long time.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Let's hope this Quran burning incident doesn't cause attacks on Americans worlwide.

Here's an interesting link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That's the link to the Revelation of John and the 3 dimensions of Consciousness.

The author is an elderly man on here named Michael Cecil who has been studying the 3 major religions for 30+ years and feels a false doctrine in all (resurection of body rather than rebirth) has caused all the wars. He has several threads going including one on John and Revelations.(linked above) Keep in mind I think I'd read the guy has an illness so he comes across a little impatient at times.

Be a goodwill ambassador this weekend and be friendly to an unknown neighbor.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Hara hachi bu..... Does that mean you leave the warm beer in the bottom of the bottle?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
to Pthena,
I noticed you mentioned you read the Golden Compass trilogy.
I bought the DVD of the movie when it came out and I think I watched it about a hundred time, which might seem weird, but it has more to do with the low quality of normal TV fare. I was wondering if you recommend the books. What sticks out to me from the movie is this idea of a Magisterium that "tells people what to do". Sounds like the ultimate fascist government.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
.....about the possibility of our own republic going the way of fascism, which may be a joke since it looks like we already are and have been so for a long time.

It sure is looking that way.

I really enjoy reading your posts and Pthenas. You both are well read and have some interesting views. Thanks for sharing them, both of you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I haven't met anyone yet who liked the second or third book, or even finished reading the second or third books. It's quite easy to identify the Majesterium as a quite powerful Vaticanesque entity. I think people start to choke on concepts such as the "missing God", which to me isn't really missing, more like unexpectedly present. The books do seem to be a bit dark in that many people end up dying.

To me, the Megatron (God's voice) character is quite interesting. Quite like a "Bearer of God's light" becoming confused into thinking it his duty to "fill in" for the seemingly "absent God".

I don't know which aspects turn people off the most. Maybe I should re-read the second and third books over again and try to figure that out.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have an Epson wide format printer that I bought to make covers for books I was printing. It has another nice feature of printing directly onto printable CD's. I was making multiple copies of a lecture on Revelation and wanted a nice picture of John for a label. I did an extensive search for a picture, as in a reproduction of an old painting. I noticed something odd about all of them, that there was always a raven there as if it was talking to him. Odin was a god of wisdom and shape shifting, and is though to have a direct relationship with the raven. Of course a raven can be a scavenger that goes along with battles where the ravens will gather in anticipation of a feast of flesh. Odin is said to have sacrificed an eye for gaining wisdom, which is probably a first choice for the ravens to eat when coming upon a fresh kill. You imagine Viking ships with a big black raven painted on the sail, which may mean they have Odin with them in the shape of a raven, or maybe it means if you get close enough to make it out, the ravens may be soon eating you.
I was listening to Galactic Wacko and he was talking about names he thought came from Odin, or Whoden, like the day of the week, Wednesday. It got me thinking when he said that the name Denmark meant the mark of Odin. I was before wondering if somehow there were people from the lost tribe of Dan, and so the name. Galactic reads a lot of esoteric books so I don't know where he gets all this stuff from or if all of it could be true.
Anyway, someone like myself who has a family name that is a translation of the old name for the Danes, it makes me think that we have a past that I might not want to feel so proud of, but of course all Anglo Saxon people, which I am also descended from are descended at least in part from some rather despicable people, namely the Saxons who get there name from the weapon they used to good effect for committing genocide on the British Kelts.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here's something I ran across while researching violin varnish:

Cinnabar (Vermilion)
An ore of mercury, cochineal-red to lead-gray mercury sulphide, found in crystals and powders, and used as a pigment. Cinnabar is usually found in a massive or granular form but can also occur as small crystals. The main areas for cinnabar mining are in Italy and Spain.
Isn't that something religious people wear, vermilion?
I wonder if the mercury from it makes them go insane.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Lol My first thought was a cinnamon bun that you could get at the cinnabar.

Never heard of it before but I found this in a quick search.

www.luckymojo.com...

Heard from Pthena? Hope he is alright as I haven't seen him around in awhile.
edit on 18-11-2010 by LAinhabitant because: Fix link

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

That's a lot of good info that you linked to. As to what they were discussing about gold, only the very foolish would ever consider ingesting heavy metals into their body thinking it will somehow prolong life. You could think of pure gold lasting forever but it does not transfer that quality to the partaken. It does become permanent in your body but it has initially the affect of giving you a heightened feeling that makes you take more which basically makes you insane.
The worshipper of Athena? It probably did not help with me telling about how my posts were showing up in other places, like right now I am getting this banner add to buy airline tickets for Spain. I think it is from me mentioning on another forum for flute enthusiasts that I bought a flute from Spain.
edit on 18-11-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join