It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symposium

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Are you using a knife and flint or a couple sticks?

I don't know if I could survive a few days in the woods in LA with the 'squittas ...lol....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
jmdewey60 I just posted a question to you in another thread (a second way of salvation) regarding:

2) an unselfish good deed will be rewarded by God raising you from the dead to thank you.

I thought that I had asked it a week or so ago but it appears I just asked it in my mind and never typed the question!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Speaking of which, Grupp's show last night was good. He had two of his contributers on talking about psychological war on us from the NWO. Playing on the R complex which is what is called the reptilian mind, to condition us to war by making us like a NAZI style death cult.

I looked around at some of the stuff on Grupp's website and was struck with the similarity to stuff that David Icke says about reptilians. Icke talks about mind rays and similar manipulations of reality or at least perceived reality.

I'm coming to the conclusion that some "visionaries", religious and/or not religious are seeing things in a metaphorical form and failing to interpret them into reality, but rather passing on the metaphor as reality. What we need is some interpretation, with regards to "reptilians" and "mind rays", which I would take as cold blooded calculating people and propaganda.

Here's an example that I ran across while researching the Christian Prophetic Movement in America: There is a vision/prophecy that's been kicking around since about 2006 among the Prophets, I paraphrase:

An Islamic terrorist attack will hit the US. A great poisonous cloud will be released which will kill many in America. Causing Americans to cry out to God, but in fear more than in repentance. The Americans will retaliate massively in the Muslim countries so that the Muslims cry out to Allah and find Jesus.

Rather than look for some future physical terrorist attack I focus on the present. Propaganda and fear mongering; The poisonous cloud is fear and hate filled propaganda which has been with us since some think-tank character came up with "Islamofascism", and GW Bush started giving speeches about it as a reason for US staying in Iraq, "the main front in the war on terrorism". This was happening at just the time these prophets were having their visions.

Islamo-Fascism I: What Bush said, and why it is objectionable
Bush did not invent the term Islamo-fascism, which is variously attributed to Christopher Hitchens and others. The first comment, which clearly separated Islam from Islamist terrorist extremists, drew fire from anti-Islam extremists, who insist that all of Islam is the enemy of humanity. Others, however, insisted that Bush was identifying Islam with fascism, despite his clear denial. This stand was reinforced by the second comment, which really appeared to some to brand all of Islam as "Fascist."

And by the way, Muslims already believe that Jesus is the Christ. All the more reason for the "fear-based newly re-arising American Judeo-Christian Nationalist Reptilian Religion" to want to go after Islam all the more.

It comes down to actual well funded cold-blooded human propaganda, not sci-fi "mind-rays" and "genetic modifications".

"Islamofascism" is being chanted now in NYC, sponsored by people I've already identified in another post somewhere. Resulting in numerous hate-crimes against Muslims around the country. We have people like Glen Beck and Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent telling Americans to turn to God.

Here's a pretty good examination at who would have benefited from 9-11, both financially and legally.
The Real Story - Pre 9/11 History

[edit on 2-9-2010 by pthena]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

Lighters, matches, magnifying glass, battery and steal wool, magnesium stick, only once with stick and trough. I live in cedar tree country. Cedar trees are quite resinous. You can get a pretty good fire going in wet weather.

I don't know if I could survive a few days in the woods in LA with the 'squittas ...lol....

I've never been to LA, or Miss, or AL, or Florida. No idea how I would fare there.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Funny, I was just reading about that number 153 (number of fish caught) having some spiritual meaning, today.
I was editing the text from a book on the internet, to print as a physical book, called "Biblical Principles of Interpretation".

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

The real fascists are stirring up problems between peoples.
How about the Gypsies? Did you hear about them being kicked out of France by Marcosi?
According to the articles of the EU, they are allowed to live anywhere they want. See how that works, if we decide we do not like a particular group, then the Constitution does not apply.
That was something I noticed when I was in Italy, years ago. People concerned about me made a point to inform me about who these certain people were (Gypsies) and to watch out for them.
This guy Fran who is a cousin of my brother in law, took the trouble to send me a card yesterday warning me that the "Muslims" are going to invade America.
Racial hatred is a reptilian response, I suppose, and that is how we are targeted for deception, it's a strong influence and is tough to overcome. I guess we have to apply the ATS motto to deny ignorance and to work at it constantly.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The real fascists are stirring up problems between peoples.
How about the Gypsies? Did you hear about them being kicked out of France by Marcosi?
According to the articles of the EU, they are allowed to live anywhere they want. See how that works, if we decide we do not like a particular group, then the Constitution does not apply.

Today's Democracy Now had on Alexander Zaitchik on "Common Nonsense: Glenn Beck and the Triumph of Ignorance"
Some quotes from Beck:

GLENN BECK: Reclaim the civil rights, meaning people of faith that look at equal justice and look at every man the same, that’s who needs to reclaim it, not the politicians, not the parties, not white people or black people.

CHRIS WALLACE: But Glenn—

GLENN BECK: People of faith.
. . .
GLENN BECK: OK, let me go over this again on the reclaiming the civil rights movement. People of faith that believe that you have an equal right to justice, that is the essence. And if it’s not the essence, then we’ve been sold a pack of lies. The essence is, everyone deserves a shot. The content of character, not the color of skin. Now, when—I’ve addressed this comment a million times, and, in fact, I think I amended it this week, that what I didn’t understand at the time was the influences on President Obama. And, you know, the white culture, look—read his own books. He writes about the white culture and how he struggled with it, etc., etc. But I didn’t understand really his theology. He’s—his viewpoints come from liberation theology.

So, in essence, Glen Beck thinks that civil rights does not have to do with social justice, but that people of faith should determine who deserves rights based on "the content of character". I can only assume that lack of faith would somehow disqualify one from certain rights. And just what faith would it be correct to give one a good "content of character"?

Even today, Obama said, "... and a Jewish State of Israel ..." What can that mean? That non-Jews will be less than full citizens? That they will automatically be discriminated against just like the Gypsies in France and in Albania? I seem to remember a slogan in vogue at the time of alleged ethnic cleansing in Kosovo, "Serbia is for Serbians!" That was while Kosovo was still part of Serbia.

US Constitution, Article VI, paragraph 2
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Treaty of Tripoli
Authored by American diplomat Joel Barlow in 1796, the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.
---------------------------
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

I don't particularly think of the US as totally wonderful, but if people understood the constitutional nature of the republic, and the rule of law, and the Bill of Rights, they wouldn't even consider themselves good Americans while at the same time spreading fear and hate of ethnic and religious and non-religious groups. And yet, there they are, wrapped in the American flag, pontificating on the Biblical foundation of the US. Truly a victory for ignorance!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by pthena]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

>>And by the way, Muslims already believe that Jesus is the Christ

Everything I have read says that Muslims believe Jesus to be just a prophet or apostle so Muslims interpretation of "Christ" in my opinion is different than that of Christians. Muslims claim Jesus is not the son of God nor died or was crucified. Quran 4:156-157, 5:75

Please show me if I am missing something. I am always open to a different perspective.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

Lighters, matches, magnifying glass, battery and steal wool, magnesium stick, only once with stick and trough. I live in cedar tree country. Cedar trees are quite resinous. You can get a pretty good fire going in wet weather.

I've never been to LA, or Miss, or AL, or Florida. No idea how I would fare there.

Think very hot,humid, and sticky or cooler and wet. Always lots of 'squittas!

That's some ways of starting a fire I never thought of. Will have to experiment. Thanks for the ideas!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Funny, I was just reading about that number 153 (number of fish caught) having some spiritual meaning, today.
I was editing the text from a book on the internet, to print as a physical book, called "Biblical Principles of Interpretation".

Sounds like an interesting book. Let me know if you discover the secret of the fish!
I know if you add all of the numbers 1-17 together it is 153.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by LAinhabitant]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Pthena-I came across this and thought you might enjoy:

“I have no need of elaborate temples or complicated religions: my heart is my temple and my religion is kindness.” His Holiness the Dalai Lama

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I used to think I understood Qur'an, but now I doubt my understanding. Maybe God intends for some to understand one book and not another. Here's an interesting passage:

The Qur'an: A New Translation by Tarif Khalidi Penguin Group 2008

4:171 O People of the Book, do not be excessive in your religion. Do not say about God anything but the truth. The Christ Jesus son of Mary is indeed the prophet of God and His Word which He cast into Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and do not say: 'Three!' Desist, for this would be best for you. God in truth is One-glory be to Him, that He should have a child! To Him belongs what is in the heavens and what is on earth. God suffices as All-Worthy of trust.

Christ will not disdain to be a servant of God, nor do the angels closest to God. Whoso disdains to worship Him as servant and waxes proud, He shall herd them all to Him.

I could be completely misunderstanding this verse, but it seems to confirm what is spoken of in the gospel of John. Christianity, as practiced by many, seems to be a bit excessive in claiming to understand everything, so as to reduce the Word into lists of beliefs.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I am going to have to come back and reread this at a future time.

I just finished responding to being told I had a sanctimonious outlook and was rediculous for sticking up for paranoid schizophrenics who were being made fun of.

Then I watched several videos on Helen Ukpabio whom I had never heard of before and I am appalled that this woman has single handedly managed to condone massive child abuse in Akwa Ibom in the name of God and Jesus Christ. She has made numerous movies making children appear to be witches, then charges fees to exorcise the evil out of the children. Often times the children are burned, cut, abandoned or simply cast out of the village and not fed. Where is the love and care for family and our neighbor? This is atrocious.

I feel like I have been punched in the stomach and want to vomit.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Sounds like an interesting book. Let me know if you discover the secret of the fish!
I know if you add all of the numbers 1-17 together it is 153.
This is what the author says too.
He says that the word

"Galilee" signifies a circle, a revolution of a wheel. One circle had been completed, for where He first taught them to be fishers of men He met with them to teach them"again" and pointed to the time when the next circle will be completed -when the saved are all gathered to "the marriage supper of the Lamb". The Greek word for everlasting is used 17 times in John's gospel, and when numbers one to 17 are counted they make up 153, a symbolic number for all those who will receive eternal life.
www.scribd.com...

[edit on 4-9-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

That's some ways of starting a fire I never thought of. Will have to experiment.

The best battery to use is the square 6 volt with the spring contacts on top. Pinch off a chunk of steel wool and shape it like a thick yarn. stick it on the contacts. Gets really hot, really fast. Pencil lead works pretty good too.

“I have no need of elaborate temples or complicated religions: my heart is my temple and my religion is kindness.” His Holiness the Dalai Lama

That sounds pretty good. I have a lingering prejudice against the lamaists though because of their predation on the shamans. I guess I should get over it though, it was hundreds of years ago, and I suspect that's where they got their lamas from.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

All quotes from the English translation of the message of the Quran which was given to me at a local mosque. The translations are a little different.

4.171 Oh people of the Book! Do not commit excesses in your religion:nor say anything except the truth about Allah. Messiah Isa (Christ Jesus ),the son of Maryam (Mary) was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He sent down to Maryam (Mary) and a Spirit created by Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Do not say 'Trinity' : stop (saying so) it will be better for you: because Allah is One Allah:glory be to Him: (Far supreme and glorious is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And, Enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

10:68 They say "Allah has fathered a son!" -Glory be to Him! He (Allah ) is Self-Sufficient! His are all things in the heavens and on earth! No reason
do you have for this (lie about Allah)! Do you say about Allah what you do not know? 10:69 Say "verily, those who make up a lie against Allah will never succeed" .

17 :111Say " all praises (and thanks ) be to Allah, who has no son, and has no partner in (His) kingdom; nor does He (need) anyone to protect from humiliation:and magnify Him for His greatness and glory!"

The Bible says:
John 2:21 (NLT) So I am writing to you not because you don't know the truth but because you know the difference between truth and falsehood. 22 And who is the great liar? The one who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Such people are Antichrists, for they have denied the Father and the Son. 23 Anyone who denies the Son doesn't have the Father either. But anyone who confesses the Son has the Father also.

I see Jesus Christ in Islam as different than the Christ Jesus of the Bible.

61.6 And (remember) when, Isa(Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), said:"O Children of Israel! I am a messenger of Allah(sent) to you, reaffirming Taurat (the Torah, that came) before me, and giving the good news of a Messenger (reference to the Prophet Mohammad) to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad"But when he (the Prophet) came to them with clear proofs, they said, "This is clearly magic (aimed at deception)!"

It appears to me that Islam claims Muhammad is the messenger sent after Jesus and not the Holy Spirit as Jesus states thr Father is going to send.

I am starting to understand more why the descendants of Abraham don't get along.
HOwever 1 Cor 13 does say we see through a glass darkly....

I look forward to your thoughts. Anyone elses too !

[edit on 6-9-2010 by LAinhabitant]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The words in parentheses are added. There are differences in interpretation in Islam as much as there are in Christianity. The fundamentalists will never see eye to eye.

The books are different, Tanach, New Testament, Qur'an. But there are not three religions, there are thousands. Some lead to greater peace between people and some lead to greater division and warfare.

Personally, as an outsider, I don't see anything for me at all in the Tanach. Why should I? I never crossed the Red Sea. I didn't stand in a crowd of people gazing at a smoking mountain swearing a covenant to some jealous destroying angel. I've got no part in that. If anything, I'm more like one of the Philistines marked for destruction. That angel marking me for destruction is not my God. Even as a messenger that angel doesn't have anything to say to me about God.

Jesus, on the other hand, says to me, "If you are mine, then I am yours, fear not." That's a message I can get into. No question about genealogy, or place of residence. No body that I must kill, no land to conquer. Very much like what Abraham heard, "Fear not, I am your shield and your everlasting reward."

In many ways, the message from Gabriel to Mohammed to be recited to the hearers seems to split the difference somewhat. Islam is not ethnically based, yet it is to defend itself so as to survive. There is no new Christ, but the same son of Mary, who is hidden for now. Christianity and Islam are two different religions with different views regarding the function of the Christ. I don't see where either is to consider the other an enemy to be fought.

There are some distorted views which do lead to fighting. Those distortions should be put away.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by pthena]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I'm printing up some copies of Bible Principles of Interpretation to try to hand out at church. It's written by someone who was a professor of prophetic literature at the SDA university in Australia, and I guess never got too popular in the US.
In this book he describes angels as agents of deception. In contrast, the voices of the angels of God are symbolic of the people speaking out about various things. So, if you have these mysterious beings demonstrating non-human powers, whatever they say can be figured to be 100% wrong.
The real angels, are people seemingly independently, coming up with inspiration to say something, which happens to be, by coincidence, the same as the other truly godly people are saying.
Or at least that is what I get from the book.
And, the word of these (actually evil) angels is used as evidence to condemn and persecute the people following God, who apparently pay no heed to these seducing spirits.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That sounds interesting.

1KI 22:19 Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. 20 And the LORD said, `Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, `I will entice him.'

1KI 22:22 " `By what means?' the LORD asked.
" `I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" `You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. `Go and do it.'

I didn't quite get to the Holy Spirit part of my above post. The Christian story is told chronologically. The Christ came and taught, then he went away and sent the Spirit to be with his people. That's how the story is told. The Spirit of God has never been not here.

And what do you think the Christian Zionists have planned for the Palestinian Christians? Especially now that they (Palestinian Christians) have issued a declaration that very much resembles the Barmen Declaration against the Nazi Christianity?

Jerusalem Declaration on Christian Zionism
Patriarch and local heads of churches in Jerusalem, 31 August 2006

Christian Zionism is a modern theological and political movement that embraces the most extreme ideological positions of Zionism, thereby becoming detrimental to a just peace within Palestine and Israel. The Christian Zionist programme provides a worldview where the Gospel is identified with the ideology of empire, colonialism and militarism. In its extreme form, it places an emphasis on apocalyptic events leading to the end of history rather than living Christ's love and justice today.

We categorically reject Christian Zionist doctrines as false teaching that corrupts the biblical message of love, justice and reconciliation.

We further reject the contemporary alliance of Christian Zionist leaders and organizations with elements in the governments of Israel and the United States that are presently imposing their unilateral pre-emptive borders and domination over Palestine. This inevitably leads to unending cycles of violence that undermine the security of all peoples of the Middle East and the rest of the world.

They have turned aside from the gospel of Jesus, and are now following a political and military agenda, in order to usher in "the end times". Pretty much what the Nazis were up to.

The Zionists have had this thing they call International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ) since 1980. The Palestinian Christians are not represented at all.

The Christian Zionists are flat out against peace between Israel and Palestine, and have actively sabotaged every peace talk yet. They oppose any Palestinian state. Their vision is of eradication of Palestinians, and a uniethnic Jewish Greater Israel.

To me, the German Christian movement embodies a moral and spiritual dilemma I associate with my own religious questions: What is the value of religion, and in particular of Christianity, if it provides no defense against brutality and can even become a willing participant in genocide?

Doris L. Bergen, Twisted Cross: The German Christian Movement in the Third Reich pg xi, 1996 The University of North Carolina Press

[edit on 6-9-2010 by pthena]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I think I gave my opinion about this on another thread dealing with zionism.
A Vatican plot to get rid of anything Christian that is not Catholic.
Same sort of thing with Iraq, which used to have lots of Christians and even some Jews. That is not so much the case now, where they had to flee the sectarian fighting.
One pretty good theory of the Crusades was that the real target was the Iraq base of the Eastern Orthodox Church which was in direct competition with the Catholic Church.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join