It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: is *this* idea of mine the Real thing that will happen then?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
hi all.

Today I had a thought on this "2012 business". I have an Idea as to what might happen, as the Aztec/Mayan calender rolls over to the next cycle.
*got to be a huge event*, as this cycle-point is a complete roll-over, compared to
the last smaller cycle that happened around the time of the coming of the Spaniards, 1490, or so.

cycles within cycles, this 2012 is a major cycle, as i understand it.

Probably will happen to the whole human race, this time, not to just a group of Indians in central America!

"KISS"
---keep it simple, stupid"!

or...

"the simplest answer is most often the right one"...

en.wikipedia.org...'s_razor

Occam's razor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Occam's razor
(or Ockham's razor[1]) is the principle that "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" (entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem). The popular interpretation of this principle is that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. However, this is often confused, as the 'simple' "is really referring to the theory with the fewest new assumptions." [2]

my "simple answer?!

-----As the Spanish invaders came around 1490 AD for the Indians, perhaps
a huge alien star fleet will appear to hover over the earth and their Representatives will tell the world that they come from a civilization of 150 planets and that now the earth will be part of their empire!
they might insist that starting nimmediately,
---one money system.
--one government with no more country boundaries.
---technology 1000+ years more advanced than ours.
---they will bring in 100 million emigrants and also insist that 70% of the human race migrate to the 150 planets, our 7 billion people proportioned out to the 150 planets.

End of the human race as we know it!!
[we become the "Aztec/Mayans" in 1900 Mexico!!]

This is not a prediction or prophecy: just Occam's Razor, Applied!

freestone

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You are completely misunderstanding the principle of occams razor. The scenario you have outlined is ridiculous. I'm not going to waste my time explaining why, just go to school.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And i beg to differ with the first reply.

Id more refer to it as intuition...which in my definition, is the mind coming to conclusions that stem from extremely great amounts of information, both "rational" and "irrational".

So for me, the fact that ive seen multiple strange craft throughout my life is pretty telling.

The references to "Gods" and whatnot, with ancient carvings, ancient tech, and art throughout the ages with many references to what could very definitely be considered "aliens".

And then there's the fact that my own experience has been enhanced by the experience of my family and extended family...including working top secret in JPL...

What im saying is, to me, this theory is just as plausible as saying it's entirely bunk...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Ex Plures-Unus]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That's the best theory I've heard yet!

Obviously some people have no sense of humor.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You know, the Mayans didn't actually predict the end of the world....but, it is a very good marketing tool and a great way to spark fear and make some profit.

If anything happens, it'll be mass suicides of believers and good riddance. We don't need those moronic beings reproducing.

However, if Palin is president...then yes, the world might end and I might just end up believing the prophecy is true

[edit on 30-7-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ex-plures unus,bang on and you even got it the right way and explained how it happened the right way,HOW,if you please do you know these things,and your vague references arent enough,u2u me if you need but I am very curious.

Read Canadians abducted by blue uniformed humans sound off.This is how I know,you are in the right company.

Welcome,and good luck.

You really need to dig deeper,I think you are to accurate to not have been abducted as a child or at some time.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by one4all]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
dude if i had the choice to migrate to an alien planet i sure as hell would!!! be better than living on this #hole

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not only did the Mayans not predict the end of the world, there are no predictions associated with the end of the Haab calendar.

Your prediction is rather preposterous since it is based on a mistaken idea of what the Mayan calendar is about. You might be interested in learning that there is a prediction attached to the end of the Katun coming up at the same time. That is a prediction of low yields of squash and corn.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think I like my own theory better

The nothing is coming

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by freestonew
hi all.

Today I had a thought on this "2012 business". I have an Idea as to what might happen, as the Aztec/Mayan calender rolls over to the next cycle.
*got to be a huge event*, as this cycle-point is a complete roll-over, compared to
the last smaller cycle that happened around the time of the coming of the Spaniards, 1490, or so.

cycles within cycles, this 2012 is a major cycle, as i understand it.

Probably will happen to the whole human race, this time, not to just a group of Indians in central America!

"KISS"
---keep it simple, stupid"!

or...

"the simplest answer is most often the right one"...

en.wikipedia.org...'s_razor

Occam's razor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Occam's razor
(or Ockham's razor[1]) is the principle that "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" (entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem). The popular interpretation of this principle is that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. However, this is often confused, as the 'simple' "is really referring to the theory with the fewest new assumptions." [2]

my "simple answer?!

-----As the Spanish invaders came around 1490 AD for the Indians, perhaps
a huge alien star fleet will appear to hover over the earth and their Representatives will tell the world that they come from a civilization of 150 planets and that now the earth will be part of their empire!
they might insist that starting nimmediately,
---one money system.
--one government with no more country boundaries.
---technology 1000+ years more advanced than ours.
---they will bring in 100 million emigrants and also insist that 70% of the human race migrate to the 150 planets, our 7 billion people proportioned out to the 150 planets.

End of the human race as we know it!!
[we become the "Aztec/Mayans" in 1900 Mexico!!]

This is not a prediction or prophecy: just Occam's Razor, Applied!

freestone

The Mayans have prophecies regarding the human race going out as far as 4772 AD. There isn't a Mayan prophecy regarding a traumatic event in 2012. If there is then please show me.

YOu haven't applied Occam's razor to anything. YOu are oppositional to it. YOur theory is full of assumptions.

top topics

join