It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close are we to a one world government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
this is not a rheotorical question....but do you think that whatever the fear mongers and other people say could actually be true about an apocalypse type world, crash of the economy, world wars etc etc? is it possible for something like that to happen at all within the next 50 years?

i personally feel...even though there might be some conspiracy going on with the elites and bankers etc, nothing might happen, or well not atleast for another 200-400 years?

so what are your opinions?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The world id to screwed up to even try to pull off a one government in the world right now..

so i say..200-500 years from now also..

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
better question is how close are we to a one world police state. you can answer that yourself, how free do you feel.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think we have one, it's just kept quiet, and will become far more pronounced shortly.

Here, Gordon Brown says, in a sense, saddam hussein prevented the new world order and had to be taken out.

You can find footage of literally dozens of high profile people using the term in almost a hypnotic way, they always draw it out, and make sure it's heard.

from 2010

Obama for NWO.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think we will live to see it.

I don't think the actions being taken right now are specifically aimed at us, I think it is geared for our grandchildren.

There is still along ways to go, be we are close. I think the deciding factor is how soon they can start the next world war and how long it takes to rebuild after the fallout (both figuratively and literally).

My guess is roughly 75ish years, maybe 100...look at how far they have come in that timeframe of recent history.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
With technology increasing exponentially every year, and instantaneous exchange of information, the tools and framework are here.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It already happened 65 years ago when the United Nations was founded.

What IS the United Nations??

It is a global government bureaucracy!

This is super obvious.

If you don't think the UN has any power, LOOK UP

IMF-International Monetary Fund
en.wikipedia.org...

WB - World Bank
en.wikipedia.org...

Security Council
en.wikipedia.org...

WHO- World Health Organization
en.wikipedia.org...

FAO- Food and Agriculture Organization
en.wikipedia.org...

ITU - International Telecommunication Union
en.wikipedia.org...

UPU- Universal Postal Union
en.wikipedia.org...

Wait a minute ? A international Post Office through the UN? Well that MAKES THE UN A WORLD GOVERNMENT.

They have Power over every aspect of our global civilizations at this point. I barely listed a few organizations, there are TONS more. Every one of these groups does all kinds of crazy stuff and forces people around all over the place.

The UN is ultra powerful at this point, and for all intents and purposes is the central bureaucracy of the New World Order and it's increasingly globalized state.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

damn thats scary...i dont want to be alive when that happens >.>

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When people in a place like Sudan for example, get massacred and genocided by out of control government or militias in that region, who does the world population call on for help?

Who do they think will stop it?

It ain't the USA anymore, no one wants USA military in their backyard.

People beg and plead for the United Nations to help.

Why???

Because it's our "World Government" essentially.

People WANT it because it makes them feel safer. Big Brother keeps you safe right??? Just don't question it, because Big Brother doesn't like questions.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by the dacoit

Well, to say that we will 'live to see it' is more of an expression really.

Look at it this way, we are seeing our rights and freedoms stripped away. Our kids will hear from us about how things were not always what they know.

Our grand children will be the first generation to not have access to first-hand information about what was taken away.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
History has proven again and again ... and again ... and again ... that when the SHTF, power splinters in warlord factions.

So I don't believe a NWO is possible, except that there could be a group who is wealthy, protected ... but still basically powerless to control all the small factions.

Afghanistan's clans and government are basically a perfect model for this as well as being a glimpse of what history has shown us time and again.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I see the UN as a prototype for something far more invasive and refined, the UN will become like the League of Nations.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by the dacoit
this is not a rheotorical question....but do you think that whatever the fear mongers and other people say could actually be true about an apocalypse type world, crash of the economy, world wars etc etc? is it possible for something like that to happen at all within the next 50 years?

15 years before World War I broke out, the common opinion in Europe was that science and reason had finally prevailed and they were in for a new century of peace and harmony.

15 years before World War II broke out, the common opinion was "Well, at least we'll never let that happen again."

Bottom line, assuming all will be well in a span of 50 years with no massive violent catastrophe of human stupidity is a huge stretch.

I don't think people of today appreciate just how quickly any little situation can spiral out of control. The potential for a chain reaction is always there, even in the current events of today.

Hope that helps you sleep at night.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think we already have it.

I think the use of war is just an obfuscation.

Think of it this way, what do the police do in all the different countries? They enforce the law right?

So look at the US and the UN as the police and everyone not alligned with them to be the law breakers.

Police actions, not wars. Sound familiar?

Tell me, what countries in the world are not part of the collective?

Iran, NK, China, maybe a couple more?

No, China is part of the NWO. Heck, I believe they are the model that the NWO wants to install everywhere.

And as long as their is the NWO, we will always have these rogue countries.

Gotta have the boogie men.

But, the problem was certain countries were better off than others, and the other countries people were jealous and always looking at the better off countries as the bad guys.

How to solve that problem you may ask? Well, these countries have to be taken down a few notches and raise up the other countries a few notches.

A la redistribution of wealth through the economic downturn in the western countries. Ask yourself this, why does the economic status of the lesser countries seem to be not affected in this depression?

You got it, no one will be allowed to be comfortable. We all must suffer the same and realize we are to be the serfs to the ruling party.

Hail the kings and their court.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I do not know when the NWO will come, but do hope that this world unites as soon as possible.

- Only United can the world end all wars on this world

- Only United can the world use more funds for the research of essential technologies to reach the stars and to fight diseases, diverted from military budgets, because of the end of wars.

- Only in a United world without borders, can one have the freedom to choose to travel and live wherever one desires

- Only in a United world will poverty and misery end

- Only United can the world stand the test against any alien invasion

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar

- Only United can the world end all wars on this world

- Only United can the world use more funds for the research of essential technologies to reach the stars and to fight diseases, diverted from military budgets, because of the end of wars.

- Only in a United world without borders, can one have the freedom to choose to travel and live wherever one desires

- Only in a United world will poverty and misery end

- Only United can the world stand the test against any alien invasion

- Wrong. When all governments are united, that means the world dictatorship can genocide any group they want without anyone being wise enough to figure it out or make it stop. Basically it allows the ruling global dictatorship to have wars where there is just 1 army massacring the civilians and keeping it all secret.

- Wrong. Military budgets will now be put into the global army budget. You know to put down rebellions of people who want to declare themselves independent of the global dictatorship??? So there will still be a global military.

- Wrong. There will be no freedom to travel, because the world will be divided into ZONES, and you will need tons of paperwork to pass from Zone to Zone. This will become a totally closed prison style global society where traveling is brought to a minimum. (Traveling causes pollution you know??)

- Wrong. In a united world poverty and misery will become the norm. Rather than a worldwide paradise that is in your fantasies, we will see a worldwide GHETTO state. Where everyone becomes lower class peasants to slave for the global mega corporation.

-Wrong. Aliens that can travel to Earth will have such advanced weaponry that we will be eradicated immediately despite any thing we try to do, unified or not. You can not win a war when you cannot attack the invaders home base, and it will end up being a bombing campaign where the aliens simply bomb us into extinction from their space ships above.

Sorry to play devil's advocate there. Just wanted to let you know that your pie in the sky fantasies about a one world government are misleading you down a path into a very dark and dangerous place. There are tons of ways a world government can go wrong.

There is a billion ways a world government can turn into a nightmare. And there is like zero ways that it can turn into a utopia.

You do realize that ALL Utopian dreams quickly turn into Dystopian nightmares??

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
perhaps a more appropriate question would be: "how close are we to global totalitarianism?"

'world government' has been around for a while.

i heard george sr.'s 1000 points of light/new world order speech live. i was in the crowd. this was at my high school. it didn't give me a warm fuzzy 'we are the world' kind of feeling. it felt and sounded more like a threat.

message received, loud and clear.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well, there is NO doubt that almost every government in the world is constantly seeking more and more power and control. I agree with those who said the governments of the world are far too divided to be even close to forming a 'one world government'. I'm not sure that the human ego will ever allow one ruling body to control the planet.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I believe within 5 years we will see the union of several more geographical areas, including the NAU (North American Union). Approximately 10 years after that will come a large push for the NWO. Not one government, but a world union. 10 years later will be the emergence of one government.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Good points, I suppose I do not see anything wrong with one world government. The question would be what kind of government would thhis one world systems flag wave. The forces that be would constantly fight, for thier own form of government and it would be a never ending struggle to even get things off and running. Although you could look at the American revolution as a guide line to a one world system. 13 colonies all wanting something different and unwilling to work together, but what they had was a united cause England. After England gave up the fight we were left to take this idea that became the United States and put it in practice. As we see things move very slowly in our current system, but it is probably the most fair system there is. In order for a one world system to take place there must be a common bad guy? Something that would unite the countries of the world to come together, maybe not willingly but out of nessesity. The American colonies did not want to form willingly, but they saw the need for a united front against there objective. So unless we have a driving force that will push all rthe systems of the world to come together under one banner than we will not see it, in fact America may never see it. America just may be the driving force that the rest of the world wants to get rid of. Destroy us from within. Our economy is failing and I cant see it getting better, our military is stretched thin and our policies that we have stood by in the past our crumbling. I think the rest of the world would love to see the United States fall from its place in this world and without a major superpower to balance us of against the China and the Russia, the communist devils may at last have there victory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join