It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome meteor - Bright metallic blue and big - Central Jersey. Anyone see it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
(I couldn't figure out where to put this thread, so I put it under SCIENCE (& Technology) because I believe it was just a meteor.

Anyway, it happened at about 11:03 PM EST. I'm in Central Jersey - right by Somerville. It was coming down from the Southwest direction.

It was bright metallic blue - brilliant - and it was as big, if not bigger than a full moon (meaning it was probably close).

It streaked in a downward motion, and lasted only about 2-3 seconds. Did anyone see this? I wish I knew where it hit so I could grab a rock!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Somebody else tonight posted a thread about lights in the sky in the Maryland area. It was about an hour before your thread. It was titled something like "People in Maryland look outside now!"

Interesting night so far!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks. I'm going to try to find the thread.
I've never seen a color like what I saw tonight! Wow.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Somebody else tonight posted a thread about lights in the sky in the Maryland area. It was about an hour before your thread. It was titled something like "People in Maryland look outside now!"

Interesting night so far!

I can't seem to find it. Could you kindly point me in the direction of the thread? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't follow it earlier, but I searched and found it. Seems to be fairly popular already. I guess I should have paid it more attention!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The Delta Aquarid meteor shower peaks partly tonight. I've seen 3 very bright meteors so far, but nothing like the June Bootid I saw on June 24th! Now THAT was bright!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
The Delta Aquarid meteor shower peaks partly tonight. I've seen 3 very bright meteors so far, but nothing like the June Bootid I saw on June 24th! Now THAT was bright!

I think that explains it. Thank you!

top topics

join