It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Nations Going Extinct?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I came across this article this morning, it's an interesting read.

Our conception of what constitutes a "country" is deteriorating. Say hello to post-national entities -- "other guys" that stand outside of the dominant system.

July 29, 2010 | When I was a young philosophy student, my Marxist fellows discussed the 'withering away of the state' with an almost rapture-like awe. We would all, they assured me, be hunters in the morning, fishers in the afternoon, and poets in the evening.

Today, the nation state is clearly withering. But where Marx saw this as the logical result of a workers' utopia and the perfection of humankind, it is precisely the failure to manifest that utopia and perfection that is both a primary driver, and a primary symptom, of the state’s demise.

This withering has profound implications for foreign policy. Counterinsurgency and nation building doctrines are based on enhancing the legitimacy of the state. If the state as a functional structure is circling the drain, then so are these policies – which might help us understand why nothing seems to work in Afghanistan. The basic assumption of creating a viable state is itself nonviable.

Read more : www.alternet.org...

Waiting for your opinions

[Mod Edit: changed quote tag with external tags.

www.abovetopsecret.com...]

[edit on 2010/7/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Most Nations are now obsolete. Just think how much more effective politics would be if each county had its own system of rule. The system would be a lot faster and the voice of one man would be heard a lot louder.
(PS. This is my first post ever!)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemy Of The State

Dear Member,

First, welcome to the world of contributors.

I think we have some bumpy years ahead of us where the world will be completely redefined. The big question is who will do it? Will we let the WTO's of this world rule, or will we, The People, find another way of doing things.

I believe North America would be better off if all states and provinces get off the federal government and collaborate in a new fashion. But even at that level the corruption is everywhere.

Sometimes I feel going to the woods and living off the land. The world is not perfect, let's make it happens!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

Your Right
The people don't want to wake up and face the fact that the government only cares about looking after its inner circle, as long as the status quo doesn't change the masses are happy with their TVs and McDonald's.
Things cant keep going like this forever, somethings got to give.
I think the masses are slowly realizing this so I think there's hope for the future.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

For a thoughtful production of a look in to this future, check out the original 'Rollerball'. Do not look at the remade version, it was made to erase the meaning of the 1st.

Housemann gives a stellar performance.

'Now nations are gone, bankrupt. None of that tribal warfare anymore. Now all the needs are met. Energy, food, leisure, medicine, and many luxuries which you yourself enjoy~ just as though you, yourself, were a member of the executive class...you have your ranch, I know you take a lot of pleasure in it....'

Jewison fuses every scene and shot to a central theme. Quantum mechanics, zero point energy, the Berlin Sportspalast...the terror of technology unleashed on mankind laid bare in every working day and gesture....a complete perversion of liberty and it's fruits.

Those who serve the system are rewarded, survive. You are 'out' even before you deviate from an 'order'.

Sadly, the 'Energy Corporate Hymn' is missing from the LP soundtrack.

Listen for the mockery Jewison interjects with his musical selections, especially in the Corporate Hymn. All the music is good. The Hymn is to be praised for it's composition, if original. There's some serious feeling there. It just fits. The Japanese Hymn (I don't know what corporation it is) is more searching...lulling, fatalistic. This too fits well. There's no Madrid Corporate Hymn in the movie.

I know not how this nwo can be avoided except through individual struggles against the machine, because that's what it is becoming....and sovereignties do threaten this progression. Start with taking the locals down, holding them to a Constitutional fire. They'll make it so candidates from both 'sides' are essentially producing the same horrible proposals, so it may be necessary to cut to the chase, and we know what that means. Either many many political turnovers and law retraction, or sudden...

Even glenn beck admits that 1 world is bad. No where to get out when the pelosi's, mao's and his worshipers take it all. Be proud of your heritage and allow only governments that fiercely protect it....right down to the man-to-God personal level.

The more finely the sovereignty is held to, the better. The ptb see the big picture, and as Dan Bones mentioned, there are miles of tankers off shore holding $50 barrels. With their distribution 'networks', they are playing tricks with every single survival commodity that you can conceive of. I cannot believe that I am just now seeing this corporate danger..it is so evident.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely look into that very soon.

My active activism life is now on hold, to know more about why I invite you to read my presentation at : www.abovetopsecret.com...

As passive resistance I retired from my marketing jobs and I am looking to change field completely. But at least I am no more contributing to keep the corporations rich.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Sounds Interesting
I will keep an eye out for it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemy Of The State

I thinks thats a pretty fair suggestion and personally I can see a situation like that developing in the distant future.. But unification, centralization and reformation would have to take place first.

It would be a great idea, local governments with actual power, all of which were coordinated at a country size level by a small governance body, all of which were coordinated at a global level by a global body..

Miniscule bureaucracy, no centralized control.. Sounds great.

Only thing is that in all fairness, that would have to be borne of the ashes of the globally centralized system that we are becoming.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Maybe, just maybe, that IS what the NWO is all about. Destroying nations sovereignty first to rebuild a NEW WORLD on the ashes of the old one. The only thing is, no one wants to be alive during that transition.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

In my opinion things are gonna get a whole lot worse before they get better.
There would have to be a global revolution for this system.
As gagol said"Maybe, just maybe, that IS what the NWO is all about. Destroying nations sovereignty first to rebuild a NEW WORLD on the ashes of the old one." But If the NWO were the ones to make this happen I dont think it would be as fair a system as if the people made it happen, they would still maintain power for themselves.

top topics

join