It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Stressed After Nearly a Decade of War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I honestly understand exactly what you are talking about. I ponder if the system would suck as much as it did if we went back to the traditional style of Rome where the senators fought with the troops they ordered into slaughter.

I'm pretty sure the government would be better off if the senators were ordered to command their troops on the ground. The older senators would not have to of course, but it would definably paint a new perspective for them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

or can send there own kids go to war and you are right

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I wonder if any of these senators or politicians would ever send their young to war or even go themselves? Im guessing not. They know the rules of war and how to exploit it, otherwise this war would have been over years ago. After all we are fighting primitives that want us to go away because all we do is give them a body bag and build more roads so we can access their country better. Nothing we are doing over there is for their benefit but instead ours. Rome was just the beginning, other countries will share Iraq's fate unless they fight the propaganda that the U.S spews.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Who cares about Rome or what happened with them in the past. This is about our country and the soldiers out there going through a very stressful period with almost
no end in sight and they don't believe in the cause anymore. Have you been through what they have? Because if
you haven't I don't see any reason for you calling them weak minded or poorly trained.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by __rich__

Problem is, they are repeating the same things and getting the same results - ie. the resuls that THEY want. To them it's not insanity, it'a VERY successful strategy.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think it's a strong possibility that the US PTB are happy to ply the troops with drugs. The contracts with the drug companies for thesehuge amounts of drugs will be collossal. Drugs also facilitate mind control.

I would also hazard a guess that the troops are pretty unhappy about what they are doing. They, more than anyone outside the Cabl's elite, are in a position to see and know the despicable antics of the US authorities.

I wouldn't be surprised if they seek drugs to deaden the pain many of them must be feeling inside. They know they have been conned and betrayed by the system. I imagine that those who have seen through the facade and know the ungly, black truth which lies behind it, must feel awfully trapped.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
I wonder if any of these senators or politicians would ever send their young to war or even go themselves?

A fair number of them do have kids or nephews/nieces over in the AOR. McCain, Palin and Biden all do or did at one time (Biden's kid is a Reservist, not sure if he's still there.)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

They give us all types of pills depending on whats wrong with us. If we can't sleep good at night there is Ambient. If we hurt real bad, there is Percosets. If they think were a little nuts they give us Zoloft. I was given pills as well when I couldn't sleep at night, but I decided not to take them for I think they put my health at risk. Ask any modern soldier here that have had problems in the past and they will tell you pills is what they offer. Too bad they don't have real pills that make you less suicidal.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
They give us all types of pills depending on whats wrong with us. If we can't sleep good at night there is Ambien.

Ambien rocks! I love that stuff. Puts me out like a light and I sleep for 8 hours straight. Nothing like it when you just got into the AOR and are flying soon after arriving. Or only getting an hours sleep on your own.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I never had the stuff, just different sleeping pills but my friends tell me it is very potent for the sleep depraved. Just imagine what those pills cost for the army and how many bottles they give for medication. Must be really expensive stuff!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
With no clearly defined mission or purpose from the top down to the bottom, morale is extremely low. No mail call, free phone card, or German chocolate cake in the chow hall can make up for it.

Our troops know that they are surrounded on all sides by the 'enemy' on a daily basis, but there is no soft or hard target to attack. These sustained missions are NOT what our military was trained for. Our military is trained, armed, and equipped to strike hard and fast, get the job done, and come home. The politicians think that everyone should be a politician now. That's how full of themselves they really are.

The civilian suits that are obviously in charge have absolutely no clue how to use military forces correctly. Ask Stanley McChrystal what he thinks. He'll tell you what he thinks. He's so god damn fed up with the bullsh!t that he put his entire career on the line for the truth.

We either need to give these troops the green light to put some serious lead downrange or get them the hell out of there.

I say let the sore fester as we consolidate and reorganize, let the 'enemies' of our country reach a mass great enough to discern, and THEN take the fight to them. There's no point in chasing 400 Jihadists around a city and country with 11 million people in it. Our leaders are stupid.

Actually the Russians did just that and worse when they where there for 10 years before they called it quits. The area is known as an empire killer and many have tried and failed to reign it in. That country loyalty is more to your clan or tribe than to some idea of democracy or communism or whatever. All they see was outsiders trying to change them and they fought them off. Another thing about having a force that has fought an enemy for a long time, you are left with the ones that have learned from their mistakes and have learned what we can and can't do. This makes the new fighters and their commanders dangerous because they aren't foolish and they are patient for the best kills. Thats also another reason the Spartans back in history didn't keep attacking an enemy, because they knew that eventually they would wise up and find ways to negate any advantage they thought they had.

We have better declare victory and get out, because via wikileaks the taliban are acquiring MANPADS (shoulder fired anti-aircraft weapons) and have shot down craft. Also they are causing an every increase in casualties, which means they are seeing ways around our fighting systems.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

Rome was considered one of the most best trained armies in the world. Hell, it was not until WW1 that any nation provided their level of Health Care. Rome is very relevant to what is happening today in every aspect. We are repeating every single mistake Rome made twice as fast, meaning we will go down twice as hard. I don't have to have combat experience to know that the troops are given borderline no respect by the government. I've been through my own hells and I am not depressed. Maybe that's because I don't take untested horse pills.

If you want to know the fate of the US, study Rome. Israel is our Londinium. Iraq is our Seleucid conflict. Afghanistan is our Germania. Television and the lot our our bread and circuses. Our Punic wars are ongoing and well. We are a clone and spitting image of it all.

You know what happened to Rome's soldiers? They were lowered in skills over and over again until they couldn't fight, and eventually joined the highest bidder.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Believe it or not, they give us so many suicide prevention classes that it almost makes you want to commit suicide out of sheer boredom. I can only imagine what troops from the Vietnam era had to deal with when facing the enemy but in Iraq its a god damn dog and pony show now. We don't attack targets often but we also can't seem to catch the bastards that mortar us every week. Its enough to make you just want to end it all really fast! Its almost as if U.S forces are letting the enemy get away with things so that this war lasts longer and makes even more profits to the PTB. I could go on but ill wait for more replies.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
-__-

Y'know there is an interesting difference between suicide bombers and the army personnel who commit suicide.

When a suicide bomber blows up, the people who backed them hail him/her as a hero to be lauded for their sacrifice.

When an army person commits suicide, they die alone.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

We do not have another superpower to compete with in an endless war like 1984, so instead we create enemies to fight so that we have reasons to attack.

Indeed it is starting to sound like a war kept going long for seemingly no reason. If we seriously desired an end to it, this whole war would have ended by 2003 with Iran, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and Pakistan all with new governments and us gone by 2004-5. We would be trading and cooperating with an American built coalition of Arabic states and a glorious era of peace.

But we didn't. No one knows why. Why does most of the oil go to China? Why did we literally gain nothing from this war. If anything we lost! This is going into literally retarded levels of incompetence. I've honestly begun thinking they're all on some drug making them this way. It really is the only way to make sense out of it.

reply to post by MacDonagh

Well that's the point. They die alone. They don't bring an innocent family to death with them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaChaos

I second that, sir.

Been over there, done that, couldn't agree more. I'm more for the option of bringing our brothers and sisters home with dignity than the green light. If you've been there, and I assume you have, you know the ghosts we've been chasing, and occasionally snatching or killing. There is no legitimate enemy for our combat forces to engage. I often pondered if the NYPD is not better served to handle our missions in Stan and Iraq. Throw em some ass for when things get tight and it might work.

Our current engagement over there does not tangibly detract from the efforts of international terrorists. It only fuels the fire, giving these rag tag militias the perfect propaganda tool, allowing them to collect larger and more frequent "donations."

Let's get back to square one, reorganize, adapt and prepare to defend our country from any legitimate threats.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
you elect idiots like obama, who go on every t.v. station and travel around the country for months talking about change, how the war is illegal, how he'll bring every troop home and a year and half later there are actually more troops overseas. there hasn't been more bull#@$ coming out of a politicians mouth since america started electing presidents. on top of that they are preparing for more warfare with "our greatest friend" israel against iran. world war is on the horizon but it is so gradually building up that people won't notice until the dam breaks. maybe if the military recruited with videos of actual killing, blown up body parts and 1000lb bombs levelling cities instead of video games you would get hardcore warriors joining and not some wide eyed sap who's never been in a fist fight who fell for all that red, white and blue crap. at least they'd be prepared for what they are getting into and won't end up taking 17 prescription drugs to fix their broken brains. getting shot at by people who are trying to kill you can't be to good for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Ive been shot at before and trust me, its not fun when there that close. It doesn't matter who we elect as president since they are just puppets who get their strings pulled to make $*** happen. We are all just pawns in this game of life and the stage has been set. Pieces are falling into place and the blame game goes round and round till no one remembers who's fault it was in the first place anymore.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Personally, I think these outcomes are exactly par for the course. I further imagine that it serves the interests of the control/tyranny/globalist agenda.

If you're going to look at this from a anthropomorphic perspective, you'll see that the cultures where youngsters are either eager or stupid enough (as I once was myself) to enlist, combined with the outcomes, these are the potential threats to the NWO.

How many other vet savage dogs are here, capable of leading, training and operating wonderfully offensive campaigns?

How large would that number be if the others weren't left in the croc-pot for as long as they have been. The most resolute supporters of the Constitution are - per capita- likely highest amongst vets. Less vets = less future resistance to anti-Constitutionalists...

If you want to support these stupid schmucks who've signed on to be the savage dog of the globalists, best one can do it pick 'em up when they're ejected (I've done my fair share of recruiting, educating, and deprogramming with others).

Next best thing is to READ THE CONSTITUTION these kids have pledged their lives to support and defend. Next, encourage them to GET THE HELL OUT OF AN ANTI-CONSTITUTIONALIST CABAL. Help them to realize they're in the meat grinder, and they're crapping in holes, listening to zinging bullets- and THERE HAS BEEN NO DECLARATION OF WAR by Congress.

If they understand what is happening... Maybe we will begin to expect better than Spc Michael New got... Better that Tilman. Better than the thousands who have done terrible things with a good heart, only to learn it is their own jackboots that have increased the Anti-Constitutionalists (btw, that can also read, "Traitors")...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Very good thread. And I agree. I want our soldiers home. Its crazy that we are keeping them there so long, and look at the harm it is doing them physically and psychologically. And for what? To make a few rich bastards richer. People who would never even hire these young soldiers and give them a good paying job are profiting from their suffering and misery. Its disgusting.

No more blood for resources. Unless the people who are going to be profiting from those resources want to go over their and fight the rightful owners of them, themselves.

And I mean themselves. The CEO's and other economically interested parties. Not the citizens of the countries they bribe, and no mercenary armies they hire. Let them take their pampered butts over there themselves and take it if they want it. But they cant use our people, and our weapons to do it.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join