It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Quantum Physics and Spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If what they say about Quantum physics is true than does that mean we should all aspire to be as free as we can be so we could experience as much as possible?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Exactly what is being said of quantum physics? I would like to be able to make a concise judgment on this. Free as in what?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PositivelyDetermined
If what they say about Quantum physics is true than does that mean we should all aspire to be as free as we can be so we could experience as much as possible?

I would aspire to that no matter what "they" say.

You dont need physics stamp of approval to meditate.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Good point, personally I believe we cannot avoid social influence/mortal coil when quantifying life, because we are limited by various memes, etc. Only a truly objective observer could tell us how free we are. Then again, do objective observers exist? The very nature of observer would indicate to the contrary, but life is stranger than fiction so who knows. Aspire, being the operative word, is all we can do; to strive toward our conceptualization of freedom.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PositivelyDetermined

it sounds good to me!

just based on principle, i'd say that is the best plan for all of us.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InspectorGadget

Then again, do objective observers exist?

I had the same in mind. Short answer: no!

Overwrite upon arrival. Antiknowledge: the canal flooded with the waters to carry the fleet of wisdom. Dig hearty.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
You dont need physics stamp of approval to meditate.

The prices go up all the time and then you need those 2 cent ones because you didn't buy the "forever" variety.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

My answer is yes. Unfortunately that goes against the flow of our society. The question is what defines you? Society? or Experience/Life?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

i'll tell you about something that came to fruition, finally, in my mind, just last night.

for a very long time, i've had some sort of idea about how it all started out - not assuming it to be true but also not seeing it as a totally improbable general scenario.

it goes like this:

at first, in the darkness, there was just existence.
but existence became awareness over the normal course of evolution.

and so awareness was suddenly aware of itself
and with that awareness came a feeling of solitude.
solitude threatened to become loneliness, so in an *INSTANT*, the thought of what loneliness was NOT, became another awareness.

awareness split itself in two by thinking of the opposite of solitude, and there it was, looking right into itself, eye to eye.

the first creation of love.

and that is the moment of the so-called "big bang" - when the one became two and the two immediately became four and the universe of matter came into being.

GOD said "let us make man in the likeness of our image" and so awareness one and awareness two made two more that were something like a photograph looking at itself in the mirror.

adam and eve, i think it was.

----------------

now, the epiphany i had last night was in relation to the surprising discovery of the double-slit experiment, i.e. that the mere act of observing changes the behavior of matter.

it suddenly dawned on me that perhaps my little idea about the very very start of the beginning might not be that far off, at all.

it was the act of observing that brought everything into being.

there was no reason for anything to be if none was there to watch it be.
but once there was an observer, a new course was necessary and somehow, automatic.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I had experiences with my Higher Self, this year, and downloads, it was all quantum physics and to Infinity And Beyond stuff. Experiencing everything as in negativity is not the way to advancement in this school/universe, and eventually everyone gets that because all of our Future Selves/Higher Selves, the Family of Light/Many In One are out on the other side, in the Beyond. Love and equality is the way to progression. Our Higher Selves are rather tough on us, we ourselves are tough on ourselves and this world and ones like it, show up our faults strongly. Even when we close a blind eye to them each day, in the end its all there, caked on our souls, and recorded. So if we don't want Groundhog Day scenario and endless repeats, or harder scenarios next time, its a good idea to start to notice that in every day we have tests, and to reverse engineer our difficulties and relationships and see whats underlying it.

Its all about Love. Many of us take, but few of us give.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Physics? I just watched another installment of "Through the Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman. According to the renound physicist's presented, 75% of our known Universe is comprised of "Dark Matter". Physicist"s have no idea what dark matter is, they just know that the Universe will not work without it. So 75% of the known Universe is unknown, so how much stock are you going to put in physics? Or any other science for that matter? "Dark Flow" is pulling the Universe outward toward another Universe or so says the mathematics. I agree though this is facinating stuff. I love to watch it and think about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
well, i'm just relying on physics and QM to reveal the truth about "dark matter" to us.

but i think we should call it "dark energy" because matter comes from energy.
energy is all things - as we know.

i had a bright flash about dark energy the other day but for the life of me, i can't recall what it was.

if i have it again, i hope i am near my pc so i can post it. i do remember it was a pretty good idea, whatever it was.

new topics

top topics

join