It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Immigration Law has been Killed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A Federal U.S. District Judge (Susan Bolton) in Phoenix has essentially just quashed the Immigration Law proposed/signed by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer.

Essentially every controversial part of the law was given injunction (blocked) by this judge on the eve of the legislation's due date to go into effect.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

It is a travesty when the bulk of Arizona's citizens who are trying to economically save their state are told that they may not govern themselves and must now rely upon the Federal Government to enforce the immigration rules which they have been historically absentee of doing up to this date.

Simply Amazing.

And what a surprise that it is a Federal Judge who backs the Obama administrations lawsuit. Surprised anyone?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
it's amazing how people think

I can't believe people think that profiling will save the economy
that is mass lunacy

it doesn't matter if profiling is not written in the law

Wake Up People!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hey, get with the program. All we need to do is get rid of all these damned illegals and everything will be peaches-and-cream. They're the root of all our problems yessiree. What we really need to do is setup some concentration camps with showers and big ovens... oh wait. Ooops.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of this law,.... I haven't read it so I can't really comment on it.

But what disturbs me is how a single person, can Veto everything a state has worked and voted on.

WTH happened to state's rights ??

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Hey, get with the program. All we need to do is get rid of all these damned illegals and everything will be peaches-and-cream. They're the root of all our problems yessiree. What we really need to do is setup some concentration camps with showers and big ovens... oh wait. Ooops.

My wife who is Russian had to go through the entire immigration process and pay all of the fees and go to all of the interviews and she is as white as snow. If she had to do it so should everyone else.

So you can shove your racial profiling Fail. Legal immigration applies to everyone regardless of country of origin.

If you wish to apply racism to the issue than that's your own bigotry hang-up to work out on your own time.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There are currently FIVE threads about this same thing in the side bar.

Would one not be sufficient. People are supposed to LOOK before posting to see if their subject matter has already been added.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
There are currently FIVE threads about this same thing in the side bar.

Would one not be sufficient. People are supposed to LOOK before posting to see if their subject matter has already been added.

People are also not supposed to ASSUME what others do or don't do because we all know what Assuming does to both of us.

I did a search and I think the othes did one too. I think the problem is that these posts all came up at/near the same time.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

My, touchy aren't we. You may be right and then again you may not.

Originally posted by warequalsmurder

Originally posted by jtma508

If you wish to apply racism to the issue than that's your own bigotry hang-up to work out on your own time.

While you are at it perhaps you should learn what sarcasm is. It is quite obvious the poster was saying that tongue in cheek.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Guess what? Az won't be allowed to declare war on Mexico either. It's a State not a Country.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : Here

Closed.

[edit on Wed Jul 28 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join