It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Blocks Parts Of Arizona Immigration Law

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass

Originally posted by sex raptor
heck yes.. this racist law will be block a win for the people of this world..

we are all one

In a way we are all one.

But legally we are Americans and they are Mexicans, Central Americans and some others.

The judge waited to act until just before the law was going into effect. That's irresponsible. She should have acted a bit earlier, both to relieve the shock, and to allow time for her ruling to be appealed.

Nevertheless I hope everyone in Arizona will stay calm and think strategically. This matter should be moved out of the judge's court to a higher level. Heck it's probably going to end up in the Supreme Court anyway, might as well get moving. The judge, as far as I know, presents no legal arguments and is just obstructing.

Clear her out of the way and move on to a more competent court.

You obviously have not read the opinion nor do you have a clue about the law and procedure in a declaratory action/injunction action.
She issued the opinion and Order issuing the Temporary Injunction. The state, by a bunch of hired private attorneys and not government lawyers, has filed a Notice of Appeal. The Arizona Attorney General thought that 1070 was such BS that he wouln't even represent the state. Arizona could have asked the District Copurt Judge to reconsider or give a rehearing or could have tried to get her to wait and issue a ruling in Arozona's favor in the final opinion. But, no. Instead the morons have, by filing the Notice of Appeal, sent the case Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francosco, the most liberal court in the country. And it's an interlocutory appeal of a temporary injunction. You don't win appeals of those.
Now, there are two things that can happen. First, the 9th Circuit could, as almost everyone expects, affirm the ruling which then means it becomes the law of the land, subject to review only by the SCOTUS.
On the other hand, if the 9th should reverse the ruling, saying that on the record before her she should not have entered the TI, guess what (?) The case goes back to the same District Court Judge, who can then say, "OK, screw you people. In the final order I'm scrapping the whole law."
It's almost as if the state is taking a dive. That solves Brewer's problems of being blamed for a tanking economy because of the boycotts, gives her Tea Party backers something more to rant about, and lets her blame those liberal activist judges in San Francisco. It is sure not a strategy for someone who wants to win.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KittyKat666

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A boarder (b.o.a.r.d.e.r) is a Guamalan who pays you $25/week to stay in your spare room. A border (b.o.r.d.e.r.) is the thing the Guatamalan crossed to get to your spare room. If you promise your border and his wife that you won't tell ICE, then your boarders will be secure.
Learn to freakin' spell. It's part of using English.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I wish i could give ya more stars you just summed up what's going on very well.The Arizona sate legislature and the governor knew there was no way a judge allow the law to stand as it is.Now once the 9th Circuit kills this off Brewer and the others can do the old "see we tried to do something."song and dance.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

When I say anyone crossing the Mexican border is a "Mexican" I mean anyone crossing the Mexican border is a "Mexican" regardless of national origin.

Metaphor: He who crosses the Mexican border into the United States must be Mexican since they're crossing the Mexican border.

I've seen white guys do it as well. I've also seen them shoot at street lights, throw beer bottles in people's front yard, and scam the system to make money.

Around here we call this type people "trailer park trash" and they are considered and treated as second class and, inmost cases, third class citizens. These people are scum-of-the-earth. I'm not about to treat anyone better than anyone else based on the color of their skinned. If a person is crap, then that's what they are, CRAP no matter who they are.

I just get tired of always hearing about the "Mexicans" destroying the country.

OK. OK. I empathise with you here. While "Mexicans" are destroying the United States, they can at least come here legally and they would feel more welcomed and people in the United States wouldn't be so adamant about imposing laws to do some about the illegal immigration problem.

Yes we need to secure the border, but that is just a small part of the larger problem.

I'm very happy to whole-heartedly agree with you 100% on this.

I'm not against "Mexicans." I know many immigrants and they're are genuinely good people. It's just the crimes illegal immigrants commit around my area by illegals that's been deported several times prior to killing someone.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

When I say anyone crossing the Mexican border is a "Mexican" I mean anyone crossing the Mexican border is a "Mexican" regardless of national origin.

No, you made it clear that you were talking about dark skin, dark haired people that speak spanish. You can say "what I mean is..." all day. That doesn't change that you basically said it should be obvious that we need to target people with dark skin that speak spanish.

Metaphor: He who crosses the Mexican border into the United States must be Mexican since they're crossing the Mexican border.

You still don't understand metaphor, but I get your point. It is faulty logic that all people crossing the southern border are Mexican. Mexico has illegal immigration. They also have people that enter the country with visas then sneak north.

Around here we call this type people "trailer park trash" and they are considered and treated as second class and, inmost cases, third class citizens. These people are scum-of-the-earth. I'm not about to treat anyone better than anyone else based on the color of their skinned. If a person is crap, then that's what they are, CRAP no matter who they are.

You miss the point of a rather long bit of post. These things you atribute to "Mexicans" , are also being done by whites. The crimes of littering and fraud are being pulled off by a varitable rainbow coalition of races. It isn't just "Mexicans" or dark skinned people.

Russian Mafia Tax Fraud

-- Gasoline tax schemes, mostly in New York and Los Angeles, have cost the government more than $1 billion and put many gasoline merchants at risk. Authorities say the Russians have established dummy corporations to bilk the U.S. Treasury of as much as 40 cents in unpaid taxes on each gallon of gas they sell to wholesalers or retail gas outlets.

Yakuza In America (Wiki)

The Yakuza are said to use Hawaii as a way station between Japan and mainland America, smuggling crystal methamphetamine into the country and smuggling back firearms to Japan. They easily fit into the local population, since many tourists from Japan and other Asian countries visit the islands on a regular basis, and many Hawaii residents are of full or partial Japanese descent. They also work with local gangs, funneling Japanese tourists to gambling parlors and brothels.[12]

Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs in America

Outlaws MC

U.S. law enforcement authorities estimate that the Outlaws have more than 86 chapters in 20 states with over 700 members. The Outlaws also identify themselves as the A.O.A. (American Outlaws Association) and the Outlaws Nation. The Outlaws are the dominant OMG in the Great Lakes region. The Outlaws are involved in the production, transportation and distribution of methamphetamine, the transportation and distribution of coc aine, marijuana and, to a lesser extent, ecstasy. The Outlaws engage in various criminal activities including arson, assault, explosives, extortion, fraud, homicide, intimidation, kidnapping, money laundering, prostitution, robbery, theft and weapons violations.

White Prison Gang Dead Man INC

The History Channel's "Gangland" series focused on Maryland's Dead Man Inc. The show listed two other co-founders - James Sweeney and Brian Jordan - who were sent to facilities in Texas and Louisiana, respectively, to break up the gangs activities. But according to the narrator, that only served to spread DMI's influence. The show claimed that DMI has 10,000 members nationwide...

Public Enemy Number One

Heavily involved in the drug trade, PENI members have a strong history of violence, both in the prisons and on the streets. In addition to drug-related criminal activity, PENI members have committed a number of violent crimes, including assault, murder and attempted murder. The group’s mercenary and criminal nature, coupled with a white supremacist ideology and a subculture of violence, makes it a triple threat, both to law enforcement and to the public at large. Even people far removed from the worlds of narcotics and gangs may become victim to the PENI through white collar crimes ranging from fraud to counterfeiting to identity theft.

Then we could talk about bankers, politicians, and CEOs of all races.

OK. OK. I empathise with you here. While "Mexicans" are destroying the United States, they can at least come here legally...

You would be suprised how many do come here legally. Not all of the millions of illegals are coming from Mexico. A lot of illegals also aren't "dark skin" people.

You don't seem to understand that not all "dark skin" people or "Mexicans" are here destroying the country. People like you are the reason everyone that speaks about border security gets labelled a racist.

Edit to add more fraud and theft not carried out by dark skin people or "Mexicans."

Keating Five

The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s. The five senators, Alan Cranston (Democrat of California), Dennis DeConcini (Democrat of Arizona), John Glenn (Democrat of Ohio), John McCain (Republican of Arizona), and Donald W. Riegle, Jr. (Democrat of Michigan), were accused of improperly intervening in 1987 on behalf of Charles H. Keating, Jr., chairman of the Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, which was the target of a regulatory investigation by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board (FHLBB). The FHLBB subsequently backed off taking action against Lincoln.

Lincoln Savings and Loan collapsed in 1989, at a cost of over $3 billion to the federal government. Some 23,000 Lincoln bondholders were defrauded and many elderly investors lost their life savings. The substantial political contributions that Keating had made to each of the senators, totaling $1.3 million, attracted considerable public and media attention. After a lengthy investigation, the Senate Ethics Committee determined in 1991 that Alan Cranston, Dennis DeConcini, and Donald Riegle had substantially and improperly interfered with the FHLBB in its investigation of Lincoln Savings...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by MikeNice81]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by MikeNice81]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You know, I'm very proud of the Judge making the decision to block the very corrupt parts of the bill. Too bad the whole thing can't just be wiped out.

Gonna be a rough time being a Mexican in Arizona. That's for sure.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner ... I am not a regular voter, but I am getting out in November and spreading the word as well. All of these #ers are going to be out of a job.
What good would that do? Things are the same whether the Reps or the Dems are in. Voting doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
You know, I'm very proud of the Judge making the decision to block the very corrupt parts of the bill. Too bad the whole thing can't just be wiped out. ...
Interesting how we have quite different ideas about the meaning of "corrupt."

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
You know, I'm very proud of the Judge making the decision to block the very corrupt parts of the bill. Too bad the whole thing can't just be wiped out. ...
Interesting how we have quite different ideas about the meaning of "corrupt."

I suppose. There does seem to be some divider between some folks when it comes to the term... either if it involves a Bill that gives police officers to much power...or corrupt as in companies who hire the illegals which cause the Real troubles here in America when it comes to illegal immigration...or whatever.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Asking the district judge for a stay would have been pointless. She already made her decision, and what reason is there to think she would grant a stay? She obviously wants to stop enforcement. So the 9th Circuit is what we're stuck with.

If the 9th Circuit denies the stay (as they almost surely will) there still remains the appeal. Which they would get anyway, so no difference.

And then there's SCOTUS. There's no chance I guess that it could get there before Kagan is seated, so that's a roll of the dice. Everyone seems to think they'll grant cert and take the case, so they will decide it.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

If you're supposed to keep the border secure, and you don't, especially if you're being paid off somehow, that's corruption.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Metaphor: Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

What is your solution to the porous border? While the Mexican population is mostly spanis-speaking, dark-skinned people then they should be the target since many dark-skinned people living in the United States legally speak ENGLISH.

I well aware that all races commit crimes but if you come to this country please at least respect it by not throwing your trash in the streets so people will not think of you in a negative way.

The present crisis and sentiments towards Mexicans, has been largely due to the actions of MEXICANS.

I think to time has come to question everyone, regardless of their skin color, of their legal status in the United States. If you're here illegally then good bye. You're welcome to come back only through the proper channels and procedures.

Besides, I've been mistaken for an Indian, Chinese, Arabian, African and Mexican. It just so happens my fathers German-Irish genes weren't passed down to me. I carry mostly my mothers which are Okinawan which, by the way, are not Japanese. Just ask any Okinawan.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join