It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM Bio-Computer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I just want to see if there are others who recall the IBM-BIO Computer
It was popular back in say 2002 to 2005 made the cover of TIME magazine Was a headliner for news columns Was to replace the pentium computer, was also a grown blue gel in a 3'x4'x3' box had wires running into it and I think if memory serves me correct was completed in 2005. You will find nothing on the internet or in any serches total removed like it never existed.

The last article made online was from an scientific physicist who was friends with one of the team members who quoted from an email that he and the entire team were going to get new identies new lives living on the otherside of the planet basically, as IBM does have the resourses to do this , and the project was scraped appearently.

The project was scraped because they asked it a few question and were terrified from the answers, so basical I guess they filled the bio-computer full of our history data and asked a few questions, I mean what sorts of answers would menace or threaten; intimidate us people.

God factor, prediction, it became alive conscious. What would terrify you.
or another conspriacy perhaps the military is using it and its power to spy on others
Perhaps it's an alien race in gell form?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by mr20121221]

Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

[edit on Wed, 04 Aug 2010 18:14:55 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Uh...OK!
Thanks for the fictional update on the fictional computer!
I think the problem was software is hard to load in blue gel.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
and you thought the internet was yours hummmm

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

I remember the concept was certainly around back then and
before,i would not however be able to tell you whether this bio
CPU was functional at that point.
it was an article about memory if i remember and the fact that
we could only go so small where the BIO chip could store info
in living cells.
that is all i remember.we are still as far as i know awaiting the
"singularity"

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I vaguely remember something like this but I can't tell you any details. It also sounds a bit like a Dan Brown novel I read. Angels and Demons I think it was.

I am intrigued what others have to say about this. Fascinating idea.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I can find those articles in journals from IBM's reserch department it was all relative to the bio computer's development, I just wondering if there are other who recall this, and perhaps were following it.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I only found a few hypothetical mentions and articles about any Biocomputer but nothing that mentions IBM Specifically.

www.davidreiss.com...

here's an article from 1999 about the "Fifth International Meeting on DNA Based Computers"

www.sciencedaily.com...

here's a more recent article that DOES mention IBM

ezinearticles.com...

This was all just from a quick google search.

Also there was a thread here on ATS about it when I searched here as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I've never heard of a "blue gel" processor, but there is Blue Gene.
domino.research.ibm.com...

As far as wetware processors there are some smaller projects that were news around the time you're talking about using real brain neurons:
www.sciencedaily.com...

Maybe your memories melded the 2 concepts together. The less you think about things over time the weaker the neural connections get.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sept 09 2003 time maginze does not exist I believe this was the issue about the IBM BIO computer.

find that issue and you find the proof

no records of it

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe there also a russian who was also interested in this, but I think there was a moral issue of it being consious alive. IBM had lots of research done all ready in those years, huge list of research projects with lots of money attached
it was under the research projects division
IBM was really ahead in the curve in this area, maybe too far
Blue Gene.
domino.research.ibm.com... no this was not it. not even close
Funny how they can remove something from the net and nobody's even aware
like BP buying google words etc.. 10 years from now maybe it won't exist either.
that never happened!!!can you prove it?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr20121221
Sept 09 2003 time maginze does not exist I believe this was the issue about the IBM BIO computer.

no records of it

Have you placed ads on Craigs List or Kijiji to see if you can find a copy of that magazine. Some people have years stacked in their garage

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I find this topic very interesting to say the least. I have heard of some work being done by various universities in bio computing but the only one that I know of (could be wrong since leading tech research tends to be kept very quiet) is work done at MIT. I could not find the actual papers published by the researchers but I did find This at geek.com. Like I said this is quite interesting thank you for bringing it up.

cheers

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

no records of it

This should be easy. If you KNOW this mag really existed then tons of people who have TIME delivered to their house must have this issue in thier library. Surely some ATS member can look through their library and find it and post a pic of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't remember that. The closest thing that I remember is the computer Deep Blue that was in the news for a while after battling it out with Kasparov at chess.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That's because September 9, 2003 was a Tuesday. Time is published on Mondays...

A search for Sept 08 2003 Time Magazine gives us www.time.com... Looking through the table of contents, it looks like that was a "what if/what's next" future-predicting issue. Without finding the actual articles, I can't say whether such a computer was actually in development, or proposed as a hypothetical.

The closest I found in that issue was this article:
www.time.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I remember several articles in Scientific American about theoretical biological computer chips that used various protein interation for processing and dna as a data storage. In fact, it was more along the lines of bio-data storage.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

For whatever reason Norman Jewison includes a meeting with 'zero', a liquid brain, in a Q and A session, in the fictional masterpiece 'Rollerball'. I realize this has nothing to do with reality, you know, buying property at peak value and then chasing it around like a dragon for eternity while property taxes rise, somehow, but the scene always caused me wonderment.

Zero. Zero what? Zero point energy? Zero resistance?

Anyway, the computer 'misplaces' the whole of the 13th century...and it gets riled when asked certain questions.

The computer, apparently, was conscious, and was doing what it had to do in order to erase history, change the future. The scientist in charge was always being upstaged by zero's antics. I think there's a little more to this than meets the eye, as Jewison put nothing in this film without meaning. I am unaware of what happened in the 13th century, personally.

YOU MUST SIGN THE CONTRACT! SOME ONE WILL HAVE TO SIGN!

I am interested in what you are trying to find, OP, because I have seen your signature a thousand times, and wondered if I'd hear of this eventually.

IBM
HAL

If it was printed, it likely exists. I suggest you check calendars, get the date right, and try to find a complete issue by issue compilation of the rag you are in search of. Your mind may be playing tricks on you, confuses itself.... I'm a stat freak myself, isn't that perverse?

[edit on 4-8-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sorry I have not been able to reply for about month, modem crashed and trying to get a new one through customer service was so aweful,
I'm not exact on the date, I recall another who did look into the matter of time mag issue who says the issue of the time mag does not exist as the original was misplaced, in other words a reprint or copy can not be made I never kepted any information myself as the last thing I expected was for the information to vanish.

Yes I also recall vaguly rollor ball from the 70's

[edit on 3-9-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

What would terrify me/them ..something like this..........

They asked it questions and it started asking them questions back !!!

like " Why are you asking me these questions ? " " I know what you guys are up to "

that or it told them information about themselves ( personal ) that was NOT input into the BIO computer...

I suspect they found out something they were not intending on finding out. Something even the HIGHER UPS thought was impossible....

until it happened.........I'm guessing this thing became Conscience !

and it freaked them out....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Uh...OK!
Thanks for the fictional update on the fictional computer!
I think the problem was software is hard to load in blue gel.

You import information via electricity and via chemical reactions......

Yea..... your not as smart as you think you are !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join