It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Smart found alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I know this has nothing to do with the war but I think its amazing...

So many questions need to be answered...

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030312/ts_nm/crime_smart_dc_2

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It is an amazing story, you probably should have posted this in chit chat.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Now don't take me the wrong way I'm glad Elizabeth was found. But like you said there's still a whole lot of questions. They interrupted the World News for over ten minutes just so relatives and friends, of the family could speak to the media. As I understand it Elizabeth was found not that far from her home. And she was in high spirits and in good shape. And what was her age 15-16? I smell something funny here.
During the World News they were interviewing our Marines on the front line. Waiting to go into Iraq and risking their lives. That interview was cut short. We had already heard on the local news that Elizabeth was found and in great shape. Unless she was brainwashed or something why didn't she try to contact someone? Something is not right here and I wonder if the truth will ever be known.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's Sooooo good to turn on the TV and see something wonderful rather then the bad stuff for a change. I am so happy for that family.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm with you Star, something def is not right. That ish took up so much tv. Kids get abducted all the time. Sounds like some of the mind control may be happening. Prolly just another smokescreen to cover up the truth of what's going on.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The news reported last night that she was found wearing a wig, whilst riding in the car of a self-styled street preacher and another woman. Her being disguised appears to mean that she was a willing captor and colluding with him. Surely, she could have leapt out of the car when it was sitting at a red light, if she wanted to escape.

Something doesn't add up here.

Also, her sister who witnessed the "abduction" didn't tell anyone for several hours - why?

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds and what facts come to light.

I am truly glad for her parents also.

Deep

arc

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
forgive me if I don't know the full facts of this case - not much reported on the BBC site, but it's stated that the younger sister was only 9 years old, terrified and had been told her sister would be harmed if she called for help. Children get abused every day and fail to seek help because they are so frightened.

I admit the situation with Elizabeth's return was a little odd. Does anyone have anymore background info on the guy who 'abducted' her? Like cult links or a past record of abuse.

For those of you who find the timing of the report odd - what are your thoughts on how that report is being used to mask or cover up something else?

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
arc say's,

"forgive me if I don't know the full facts of this case - not much reported on the BBC site, but it's stated that the younger sister was only 9 years old, terrified and had been told her sister would be harmed if she called for help. Children get abused every day and fail to seek help because they are so frightened.

I agree that the little sister could have been frightened.

I admit the situation with Elizabeth's return was a little odd. Does anyone have anymore background info on the guy who 'abducted' her? Like cult links or a past record of abuse.

Brian David Mitchell aka-Emmanuel was a Street preacher and occasional handyman. His wife Wanda Barzee was arrested with him. More investigations on his background are pending.

For those of you who find the timing of the report odd - what are your thoughts on how that report is being used to mask or cover up something else?"

I just found it odd that the World News was interrupted for atleast 10 minutes. Not only were they showing the Marines but what the English troops participation would be in the war with Iraq.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This story is getting stranger as more details come out. Apparently when the police approached E. Smart after responding to a tip, she claimed that her name was "Augustine" and that the two drifters she was with were her parents. She was also making biblical references while denying her identity. There had to be some kind of psychological brainwashing or something.

"The 15-year-old was nervous and agitated when asked to remove her sunglasses and gray wig and never asked about her family once the truth emerged.
When officers approached the teen, Sandy Officer Bill O'Neal said, "she kind of just blurted out, `I know who you think I am. You guys think I'm that Elizabeth Smart girl who ran away."When they asked why she wore a wig and T-shirt for a head scarf, she became angry and upset."

www.foxnews.com...

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
From what I've seen so far, it appears that this drifter/panhandler/self-proclaimed "prophet" (Kind of reminds you of someone in Waco, huh?) worked for the family for about 5 hours one day, when the mom bought his song and dance routine.

I don't buy for a minute that he was able to "abduct" her and not have the other little girl (not to mention Elizabeth) scream. I'm betting that Elizabeth went voluntarily. Whether it was psychological, or drug induced brainwashing, I'm sure it was coupled with a desire by the girl to leave her parents.

The only reason she was "rescued" was because someone recognized her and her "abductors" and then the police investigated. An unwilling victim would not have behaved the way Elizabeth did...and I doubt that the drifter really had such mezmerizing ability....

Something definitely does not add up here...

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
He called himself Emmanuel, which means �God is with us.� Emmanuel's real name is Brian David Mitchell, and his erratic life illustrates the story of an individual whose grasp of reality slowly slipped away.

For a while, three of Barzee's teenage children from a previous marriage lived with them. One of them, Louree Gaylor, told The Early Show co anchor Harry Smith that Mitchell was cruel and overly sexual with them as children. �He'd come in at night and kiss me and caress my hair,� she said. �Or if he was giving me a hug, or you know, just a pelvic thrust.�

He also subjected them to psychological abuse, she said. � I mean, he shot a dog in front of us, made me eat my own rabbit for dinner, things like that,� she explained.

It was among the reasons she and her siblings left home, she said, as Mitchell�s behavior became even more bizarre.

Mitchell put his religious rantings into a 27-page test called "The Book of Emmanuel David Isaiah," which he gave it to everyone he knew. It included several passages on polygamy, leading to speculation that he may have wanted to make the teen a wife.

Authorities in California disclosed Thursday that Mitchell had been arrested and held for six days in San Diego County last month for vandalizing a church. A fingerprint check done after the arrest confirmed his identity, but deputies had no reason to keep him in custody, sheriff's spokesman Chris Saunders said. Mitchell pleaded guilty and was released on probation Feb. 18.

One friend told CBS News that Mitchell really thought he was living the life of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 14 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Gazrok say's,

Yep...something stinks here alright....

From what I've seen so far, it appears that this drifter/panhandler/self-proclaimed "prophet" (Kind of reminds you of someone in Waco, huh?) worked for the family for about 5 hours one day, when the mom bought his song and dance routine.

I don't buy for a minute that he was able to "abduct" her and not have the other little girl (not to mention Elizabeth) scream. I'm betting that Elizabeth went voluntarily. Whether it was psychological, or drug induced brainwashing, I'm sure it was coupled with a desire by the girl to leave her parents.

The only reason she was "rescued" was because someone recognized her and her "abductors" and then the police investigated. An unwilling victim would not have behaved the way Elizabeth did...and I doubt that the drifter really had such mezmerizing ability....

Something definitely does not add up here...

I'm doing some speculation here so please bear with me okay?

What if old man Smart lost some big money (say from Enron) He was becoming strapped for cash. So he made a deal with Mitchell and his wife to take Elizabeth.
Some of the instructions Smart gave to Mitchell was to make sure ie- either they remain close in the area or out in the open. Mitchell was to do something, in order to even get arrested. Not to mention the traffic stop, in Nevada. Remember during the first months Elizabeth was on a hill, in back of the Smarts house. It was planned that way, in hopes that the cops wouldn't look there. (which they didn't). When the news media are through, with this story Smart is going to bring forth a law suit against the city and the police department.

top topics

join