It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard responding to contain new oil spill in Gulf of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Coast Guard responding to contain new oil spill in Gulf of Mexico

www.foxnews.com

Fox News is being told by the Homeland Security director for Jefferson Parish, La., that a new oil leak has sprung up in the Gulf of Mexico after a boat struck an oil well in the early morning hours on Tuesday.

A tugboat or other workboat collided with the well, shearing off its valve structure and releasing pressurized natural gas and light oil, DHS official Deano Bonano told Fox News.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Seems like this entire oil spill fiasco should...should teach people about how to be more careful. We'll see about that. But geez, another spill from a preventable incident perhaps?

Even though it may have been an accident for sure it adds another layer to the already multi layered deep, oil circus that is going on now. I'm waiting to see whose head will now for this even though it may be after the next elections before we learn whose it will be.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

OY VEY. Silly humans, oil is not safe.

Jeez. If this doesn't make the government get involved I do not know what. Not that I want them involved. obama was wise to not get involved and create his own katrina. But lets just see.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Even though its a Faux news article from a DHS puppet, I think it still shows integrity. I mean, what a perfect way to pull the heat from BP (along with making it nearly impossible to calculate how much oil BPs well gushed) and compound the problem we already face. But as long as the BOP or pressure valves can close off the flow, it should be a relatively small spill. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How convenient!!! First you hear talk of the sea floor leaking and that there is other leaks a couple of miles from the Deep Horizon site. Now, another oil leak cause by a boat???? HA...I smell a cover up!!! I was wondering when something like this was going to come out. The Deep Horizon site has been "capped" for now...but I guess they have to compensate for the fresh oil that is still pouring into the GoM. They probably figured no one would notice!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by mikelee

Even though its a Faux news article from a DHS puppet, I think it still shows integrity. I mean, what a perfect way to pull the heat from BP (along with making it nearly impossible to calculate how much oil BPs well gushed) and compound the problem we already face. But as long as the BOP or pressure valves can close off the flow, it should be a relatively small spill. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one

Are you people still using the Faux term? Kinda gets old and dryed up. As far as the government is concerned, I guess we'll have to wait until obamas golf games are over with. Can't bother the master golfer.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
How convenient!!! First you hear talk of the sea floor leaking and that there is other leaks a couple of miles from the Deep Horizon site. Now, another oil leak cause by a boat???? HA...I smell a cover up!!! I was wondering when something like this was going to come out. The Deep Horizon site has been "capped" for now...but I guess they have to compensate for the fresh oil that is still pouring into the GoM. They probably figured no one would notice!!!

So who is eveyone going to blame for this one? BP didn't caused this one. lets just blame Bush...everything is his fault.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by mikelee

OY VEY. Silly humans, oil is not safe.

Jeez. If this doesn't make the government get involved I do not know what. Not that I want them involved. obama was wise to not get involved and create his own katrina. But lets just see.

Umm You do know Bush was burned for NOT getting involved when katrina hit don't you?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Alien Mind]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let me speculate wildly...

Because of the volume of Corexit and the prevailing surface currents, Halliburton hasn't enough oil spill to clean up out in the water; *boom* there you go! Now you can invoice the state for the services you already have been contracted to provide. Good thinking corporate minions; someone's getting a bonus!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
at this point they should just release every valve drill lots of holes and just let the oil free flow into the gulf. Then simply pump it off the gulf, surface. I mean the whole thing is ruined anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by OuttaTime
reply to post by mikelee

Are you people still using the Faux term? Kinda gets old and dryed up. As far as the government is concerned, I guess we'll have to wait until obamas golf games are over with. Can't bother the master golfer.

My bad. I forgot to remove the 'a' from the name

I'm sure our devoted prezzie will jump right on this one, right before November. If he's losing the war, he may as well win the battle so he can win another peace prize.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Funny how the Feds will take over the scene as if it were a crime scene, but didn't even try with the Deepwater disaster. What a disgrace. This just gets even more disgusting. I cannot even begin to describe...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Nope, he was blamed for not doing anything before getting involved. Obama just let the industry take care of the mess. So he can't be blamed for not doing anything, even though those in charged messed up royally.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just so there are no misunderstandings about this one...

This new "spill" is way, way inland, deep in the bayou, less than 30 miles south of New Orleans. Here's a pushpin showing where. So apparently, the BP spill wasn't getting far enough inland to suit TPTB. "We need another one, more damaging, more annoying!" someone said... Hm. BP. TPTB. Rather similar acronyms, eh?

Well. Looks like it's only near Bayou Saint Denis. But still. Just move the pushpin down about 20 miles...

[edit on 7/27/2010 by Thought Provoker]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So, Federal officials do not know who owns the well...

Let me guess... it's owned by BP?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Nope...its owned by the State of Louisiana Another Oil Leak Is Spotted in the Gulf

"The well, owned by the state, is in Barataria Bay, about 65 miles south of New Orleans."

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Alien Mind

Nope, he was blamed for not doing anything before getting involved. Obama just let the industry take care of the mess. So he can't be blamed for not doing anything, even though those in charged messed up royally.

Do you even read what you type?

What could he possibly do BEFORE getting involved?
The President doesn't have the luxury to sit back and let the industry take care of it. If something happens in the USA it's the presidents job to help fix it no matter if it's a natural disaster or a industry accident.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Seems Cedyco well C-177 is orphaned because the company Cedyco is being sued over and over again. There stock is .03 with a high of .05.

The accident between a dredge barge and an oil wellhead in lower Jefferson caused a 100-foot plume of oil, natural gas and contaminated water to spew into the Barataria Waterway, parish and Coast Guard officials said in a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Marine traffic has been restricted by a two-mile safety zone established by the Coast Guard to prevent a possible ignition of the gas, said Capt. John Arenstam, deputy Coast Guard sector commander.

Response to the incident is being handled by federal authorities because the wellhead, which is owned by CEDYCO Corporation of Houston is considered "orphaned" because the company is now defunct, said Deano Bonano, the Jefferson Parish chief of homeland security. Authorities are using funds from the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund to pay for the cleanup operations, and have hired a Harahan company to cap and plug the damaged wellhead, Arenstam said.

Bonano said the leak is not classified as a large one, however the exact amount of oil and gas being spilled into the water is unknown.

Councilman Elton Lagasse called the incident yet another blow to the parish as it tries to recover from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

"We just got the Barataria Bay cleaned a week ago," Lagasse said. "This is something that could happen at anytime. There are thousands of these wells out there."

So there is gas leak with a threat of possible ignition?

I guess the company CEDYCO Corporation got busted illegaly dumping waste in the water ways 17,280 gallons per day. Organic carbon TOC concentration of 634mg/l , Chloride concentration of 45,300 mg/l , And oil/gas concentration of 73.5 mg/l.

Now that is a lot of bleach.

www.deq.louisiana.gov...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is the sand berms the dredge was collecting sand for. Dragging the seafloor collecting sand to put here. And as this dredge was dragging the seafloor it broke a capped well head on the sea floor. These welll heads are marked on maps to show there locations but when somebody is as impatient as Bobby Jindall they don't care about studying the problem and figureing out how to do the job right they jump in both feet and screw things up. Even these sand berms they have already done are washing away as they build them and now they have a broken well head to add to the list of F^&8 ups!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Do you think GEICO will foot the bill? assuming the tugboat captain had saved money on his boat insurance?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join