It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake West Coast-Next Few Days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We have earthquakes all the time. That is a safe prediction on his part and not nearly as enthusiastic as Frankie the Weather Guy.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
California averages 600 quakes per week with usually two of them at 5.0ish and the others below. When we had the Mexicali quake at Easter we were averaging over 1000 quakes a week in California. There was a 5.2 off the coast of Oregon this morning. That's always a hot spot for quakes.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have no problem putting credence to our Collective Consciousness reflections. I believe the Webbot is a valuable tool for us to open to thoughts and possibilities.

We have always known that California is going to take a big one. We are facing the music that if it happens now, during our current state of affairs, that it will effect each and every one of us not to mention our Federal Government. The dollar will never survive if something big happens there. It would literally cripple our Government and limit our resources, as we are so 'spread thin' as it is.

Has anyone noticed the High Temperatures in the Nation this past week? Specifically Southern California and Arizona? I have, and Southern California has been in the mid-60's as a high, and at the very same time Phoenix has been hitting 109+ The difference is striking and noticeable as an extreme. I can only imagine there is a level of tension from just the ambient temps being at such odds (across the mountains which consists of faults). Hot and cold like that can be quite contracting and expanding at the same time I would think. July into August in Southern California should be 80's to 90's at least I would think as a High.

Talk about an up-coming food shortage, no roads could mean no groceries to a large percentage of us. Better get those cool weather crops going for Fall Harvest!

Webbot spoke of the 12 long nights of the Obama Administration. Aug 1 through Aug 12. This part I have not been able to shake from my thoughts since I read that. Just as the Diaspora that was mentioned, I am convinced the GOM crisis is barely over.

The recent reports of Yellowstone going quiet for 7 continuous days has me a bit worried. I remember reading that and thinking about how the 40th Parallel was mentioned as a safe zone. That is quite a ways up there for sure! If everyone had to get to Wisconsin and above I am sure they will call it Diaspora.

All of our volcanoes are interconnected in the PNW; this could be quite a Whammy for Obama and his wicked plans.

I am glad to see Clif is out-of-town for this; I hope Pelosi is currently in San Fransisco, safe of course in her $18,000 a month high security Office/prison.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

You do realize the scrutiny you are putting yourself in by posting a prediction don't you? We will most likely be back here in about a week to tell you you are just another bug that hit the Zapper.
Good luck

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I have no problem putting credence to our Collective Consciousness reflections. I believe the Webbot is a valuable tool for us to open to thoughts and possibilities.

We have always known that California is going to take a big one. We are facing the music that if it happens now, during our current state of affairs, that it will effect each and every one of us not to mention our Federal Government. The dollar will never survive if something big happens there. It would literally cripple our Government and limit our resources, as we are so 'spread thin' as it is.

Has anyone noticed the High Temperatures in the Nation this past week? Specifically Southern California and Arizona? I have, and Southern California has been in the mid-60's as a high, and at the very same time Phoenix has been hitting 109+ The difference is striking and noticeable as an extreme. I can only imagine there is a level of tension from just the ambient temps being at such odds (across the mountains which consists of faults). Hot and cold like that can be quite contracting and expanding at the same time I would think. July into August in Southern California should be 80's to 90's at least I would think as a High.

Talk about an up-coming food shortage, no roads could mean no groceries to a large percentage of us. Better get those cool weather crops going for Fall Harvest!

Webbot spoke of the 12 long nights of the Obama Administration. Aug 1 through Aug 12. This part I have not been able to shake from my thoughts since I read that. Just as the Diaspora that was mentioned, I am convinced the GOM crisis is barely over.

The recent reports of Yellowstone going quiet for 7 continuous days has me a bit worried. I remember reading that and thinking about how the 40th Parallel was mentioned as a safe zone. That is quite a ways up there for sure! If everyone had to get to Wisconsin and above I am sure they will call it Diaspora.

All of our volcanoes are interconnected in the PNW; this could be quite a Whammy for Obama and his wicked plans.

I am glad to see Clif is out-of-town for this; I hope Pelosi is currently in San Fransisco, safe of course in her $18,000 a month high security Office/prison.

I love when people openly cry for the death of a human being. Because I'm sure your kids would love to see people egging on your death due to natural disaster on a message board for the sole reason that you're politically conservative. Honestly, if there is a hell, I think that people who believe other people should die because of their political views and only because of those views, you'll be right there with Adolph and Josef (although for some reason, I don't think you'll mind being with the Fuhrer). What a detestable human being you are.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Oh please, for the love of God, stop "predicting", all of you.
You CAN'T do it anymore.

If you wanna discuss old prophecies and stuff: be my guest, by this whole new horse excrement of "new age" prophets, "channelers" and what not - its all naught. Just spare us and the server please, you are filling the DB with junk.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Well. Bud. If you didnt notice. Reconer...me...didnt 'predict' anything. I posted a prediction from the web bot (collective human conciousness)...which mean all of us...so you predicted it...hahahaha. So you'll be to blame.

Dude seriously...Clif interpreted it as a possible warning...anything can happen at anytime. I really dont care either way if it does or doesnt...cause I dont live in Cali bro.

So get it right before you try to act like I care man seriously...last I new I was referring some info...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

The guy is talking about what is going on right now in front of your own face and your comparing him to political parties and Adolf Hitler?

Bro get on down the line and get your head square...no need for that crap man your trying to cause friction...your brining no insight or anything to the table...no contemplation or productive thought...just drama and negativity.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Well Bud,.
You wrote the title didn't you "Earthquake West coast-next few days"
thats kinda a prediction
Jus sayn

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Alaskans with 8mm cameras....yep, those were the days before everyone had an IPhone.........captures some of the destruction of Valdez Harbor on Good Friday of 1964.

The second largest earthquake recorded.....shock waves were felt four thousand miles away in Florida.

You can believe that earthquakes were happening long before the internet.....and they will continue to happen long after the internet.

An old Department of Defense documentary...

The Big Picture - Alaskan Earthquake (1964)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Fred,.. how it goin,..
sooo nice array of information,.
But how does that relate to the prediction
Nahh nevermind,. the op doesn't really care anyway
and I am just posting randomly anyhow

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ya see,... halfpasthuman or the OP were WRONG,.
Just another bug to hit the zapper people.
no significant quakes,..of abnormality,.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

Not sure which part of SoCal you've been monitoring but where I live, about 30 miles from the coast and north of San Diego, it's been well into the 90's; the low's have been high 60's / low 70's. My electric bill for July is triple May's bill due to running the a/c. Overall it's been a rather normal summer save for some moderate temps in June, averaging highs in the mid 80's and only breaking into the low 90's towards the end of the month. Even right now, San Diego is at around 67F, about normal for 7:00 pm local time.

Anyhow, back to the EQ. They happen all the time. Personally, I think the next large one (>5) is going to be around Los Angeles, and I am using the fact that there have been several >5 over the past few months starting in Baja California and moving northward with the last occuring a month or so ago outside of Borrego Springs, near where the San Jacinto and Elsinore fault zones approach the San Andreas and I feel this is loading up the SA fault near Los Angeles.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

huh, did I miss something - what does the weather have to do with an earthquake? BTW its been unbearable here in the northeast US.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Whelp...folks. There is some solar interferance heading this way by tomorrow...so it might affect or influance some quakes.

If nothing happens by the end of this week I am calling this one...only reason I say this is they more often than not get the timing wrong more so than the actual prediciton...

But for the record...if it doesnt happen then good...cause I really dont want to see people get hurt or injured. And lastly...yes...its hurting the relyability of the Web Bot.

Anyone notice the different quakes over the weekends all across the globe....Iran, Russia, all over the place...

Iran had like a 5.3 that caused some injuries...but its not California or the PNW!!!

Anyone think this solar storm could influance anything? C3 isnt really that powerful...and its supposed to be more so in the Northern Hemisphere so who knows?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

There were lots of 5> quakes this weekend across several areas of the globe...

Russia 5.3, East Coast of Russia 6.2
New Guinea 5.1
Southern Iran 5.3 North East Iran 5.6
Fiji 5.1
Nicaragua Japan 5.8
Philippines 5.1 and 6.4
Molucca Sea 5.3
Balleny Islands 5.2

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Some have warned that we are past due for another offshore quake the likes of which would equal the 1700 quake.

The big difference is that today, most of the shoreline is inhabited with far more population as was not the case back then.

This would cause destuction from Canada to California and Japan as well.

I hope the bot is wrong since I am in Seattle.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

The quakes you listed are very normal.
and the solar flare is nothing of concern either.
Now a quake in the 8's or9's ,.. well that would be of interest,.
Also a flare would require a direct hit and be in the high M or X class to be of a damaging concern to anything.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I have been listing to this concern by those that watch it regularly.. I am so obsessed with the activities of the earth I check the sites often daily for activities globally. The statement " We are due" has been scaring people for many years. the History channel kicked off a show a few years ago about Yellowstone,. and how it is "due". Who knows about any of this,. What would you be able to do about it anyway? The USGS published a 99 page report a few years ago about the activities at Yellowstone,. I will say in was an interesting read, a minor concern as to a threat, but something to keep an ear on.
AS for your west coast earthquake threat,.. well you are as close to the "ring of fire" as you can get. Which in turn can make a quake in that area possible. I'd say if the small quakes stop for a long time,. then I'd be on a concerned status. But as long as things keep moving the pressure shouldn't build up to greatly. Just my layman's explanation.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I really do know earthquakes are "normal" but I was pointing out the fact that they were all over the map this weekend...just and observation if anything. I think we all would know already if there was an 8 or 9...

The damage/ death all depends on the depth, population of the area, as well as the sturctural integrity of the building of the native location...thats why Haiti got smoked and it was so bad...

I really am not into fear mongering cause I HATE the same ol' crap people always talk about....Clif had hastely put this up on his page and I ran accross it...he hardly ever updates his web page so I caught my eye and figured I would get the word out...better safe than sorry. I really dont know why this has to be about RECONER...I do alittle but hey comes with the territory but hopefuly you get my drift.

And for the record...you cant say for 100% sure just because an X class sun event isnt the one heading our way that it wont influance a major natural disaster or something on that scale.

There are WAY to many factors and variables for you to act as if its not something to keep an eye on. Obviously we know its not a Class X event but it doesnt me blow it off...we really dont know Shi7 like we think when it comes to the insurmountable variables which have cause and effects on one another beyond the scope of you chalking it off as X...be worried....C.....blow it off. Take a little closer look into things instead of just skimming on the surface is all I am saying.

BTW I appriciate there are folks out there keeping an eye on the quakes...I really dont have to worry cause I am in the mid-west...but I do worry about others...the West Coast is something to be very concerned thats why I posted this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join