It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's message to voters - "Thing's could be worse"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I agree. Ultimately, the blame falls completely upon "we the voters". In the upcoming elections, anyone who casts a vote for an incumbent, is part of the problem and not the solution.

I urge everyone to ignore politicians and seek out statesmen. They are out there, but because they don't have the financial backing of a politician, you will have to take the time to go find them.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My biggest fears as an American citizen are as follows -

* Newt Gingrich becoming president in 2012

* Sarah Palin becoming president in 2012

* Barak Obama being elected to a second term in 2012

One of these is gonna happen. We are so very screwed.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, things could be worse. People might not have practically rioted at town hall meetings. People may not have contacted their representatives, to tell them, they don't have a chance in hell, come the next election if they back this tyrant. For the first time in a long time, I'm proud of my fellow citizens. The same party owns the House, the Senate, and the Presidency, yet they have been reigned in not by the Republicans, but by the people. If we all continued to remain apathetic, it could definitely be worse.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I hope this isn't against the sites TOS but I couldn't resist making this banner.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Things could always be worse. I could be on skewered naked with an apple in my mouth over a fire.

He's past lost it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Anyone here remeber Orwell's "Animal Farm"?

There was a scene where all the animals got all riled up over two competing plans for the farm. They had little slogans and groups and argued and debated which of the two options was better. The Punch-and-Judy Democrat-versus-Republican debate seems very, very similar. All the animals got caught up in the debate except the cynical old donkey, Benjamin. I can't remember the exact quote, but his attitude was described tartly by Orwell in a passage similar to the following: "Only Benjamin refused to take sides, believing that whichever plan was adapted, life would go on as it always had -- badly."

Benjamin was the only really smart animal on the farm, by the way.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Cynical people are usually the smartest. Its mildly disappointing when you realize it, but its true.
Its funny how politicians slowly lower their rhetoric. I'm reminded of George Carlin talking about education, specifically no child left behind. "Wasn't long ago they were talking about giving kids a head start. Hmmmm...Head start, left behind? someone is losing #ing ground here..."
Just more of the same. Soon Obama will start saying things like "At least nibiru hasn't hit yet..."

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
"It could be worse"

A classic mind trick designed to make the people accept anything.

No matter how bad things get, you should just tolerate it.

Because things here aren't as bad as elsewhere, that means things here must be not so bad.

[edit on 29/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by BlackOps719
"It could be worse"

A classic mind trick designed to make the people accept anything.

No matter how bad things get, you should just tolerate it.

Because things here aren't as bad as elsewhere, that means things here must be not so bad.

[edit on 29/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

Even weirder --

North Korean propaganda is fascinating for many reasons. One such reason is the fact that it proves people will believe it is worse elsewhere even when it isn't, and that "things could be worse" even when they can't be (or at least, can't be by much).

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well our politicians could be actually marrying the bankers....err...uhm....

Well I guess we could be stuck with Chelsea Clinton's Wedding tab...

I read he was going after the soccer moms. Won't work. Rather insulting, that he must think that women are the most likely to still believe his lies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join