It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's message to voters - "Thing's could be worse"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama, who rocketed to the White House promising "change you can believe in," is now telling voters they shouldn't change a thing.

His message for the fall elections, which are looking ominous for his Democrats, is that Republicans caused the nation's economic troubles, but he and the Democrats are starting to fix them. So stick with the Democrats and don't go back to the GOP.

"This is a choice between the policies that led us into the mess or the policies that are leading out of the mess," Obama said recently in Las Vegas.

Trouble is, it's a tough sell to voters who've seen little progress.

Unemployment is stuck near double digits and polls show many voters have decided Obama's policies are to blame, not his predecessor's.

Obama often frames the argument by saying that Republicans had their chance to drive, then drove the car into a ditch and shouldn't get the keys back. But voters may be concluding that Democrats, who control the White House and both chambers of Congress, have had their chance at the wheel, too, and haven't gotten very far.

"From the American public's point of view, the people in charge at this point are the people who own the problem," said Andrew Kohut, head of the nonpartisan Pew Research Center.

Obama's challenge for the next four months is to turn that perception around.

So he's traveled, from Buffalo, N.Y., to San Francisco, reminding voters of the mess he faced when he took office: a shrinking economy, lost jobs, weak markets, an economic crisis becoming international in scope.

Now, even though unemployment hasn't dropped to the 8 percent level the administration once projected, the economy is gradually picking up and adding jobs, the president says. Putting Republicans in power, he contends, would reverse the momentum.

Yahoo source

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Are you testing your two party system is a lie thread?

Cause this is surely going to cost a left versus right debate.

Things could be worse and things could be better. One can expect Obama to defend his side.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So, this is the great voice of wisdom, the great leadership of the chosen one, the man who was elected to turn this country around. To improve the quality of life and rain in a new era for all Americans to embrace and enjoy?

"It could be worse"

Well I ask you good people here on the last few days of July, in the year of our lord 2010, could things really be worse?

The economy is a dead and ragged three legged dog, which could soon topple over like a fat kid full of ice cream.

Unemployment is so high that in many areas it isnt even possible to accurately track it.

The wars in Afghanistan continue to plod along as American kids keep dying for whatever great and noble cause they are claiming it to be for, this week. Costing billions of dollars daily, for what reason we still dont know.

The southern gulf, as far as I know, is still brimming with oil and toxins and virtually uninhabitable.

Home foreclosures are still at an all time record high, and even though there is an abundance of homes for sale on the market, the housing industry is kaput and nobody is buying anything.

The national debt is raging out of control like a dinsaur on crack. Soon every baby born will own a mortgage and his children will be $100K in the hole before they are even born. Pure madness.

Then there is the crime, the illegal immigration issue, the threat of nuclear war, the lack of any economic plan for recovery, and I would say this country is in just about as bad of shape as I have ever seen it during my short 33 years on this Earth.

And the best plan our dear leaders can devise is a sly wink and a pat on the collective backs of struggling Americans and a great big disingenuous "Hey pal....cheer up. Things could be a heck of a lot worse"...wink wink.

Bad timing? A tad bit offensive and insulting to the ones who are truly struggling? You betcha.

So I ask you ATS .....could things be worse? And if so HOW?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Of course things could be worse, we could have had Hillary as president.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeah, things could be worse. We could have John McCain as president, too.

None of the recent clowns that are presented to us will do, or can do, anything to make things better. The best any of them can do is say, "Well, things could be worse."

And, yes, things could be worse. I don't even want to go to such subjects as how things could be worse for me or anyone else.

I do want to say, though, that when a leader tells you things could be worse, instead of actually pointing out how that leader has improved your lives, well........just saying..........no substance whatsoever..........

Yeah, things could be worse, so what exactly will make things better, and what will you, leader, do to make things better?

And, for sure, don't tell me I must wait for years. Sheesh!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What a complete asshat!
Nice message, LOSER!

Let me begin by saying that BOTH parties had a hand in making this sheet sandwich that we are all eating. The Democrats with their unions, NAFTA, repeal of Glas-Stegall and housing for everyone - even those who could ill afford it. The Republicans with GATT, endless wars, incessant corporate cronyism and HUGE tax breaks for people who didn't need tax breaks. Neither party has done a darned thing for the middle class of this country for over 30 years - NOTHING! And it IS the middle class that IS the economic engine for this country. Both parties have seen fit to eliminate it!

Either Obama is the stupidest president this country has ever had or he believes that we are the stupidest people on earth! Either way, I can't wait for him to be gone! The good news is that asshat is going on yet ANOTHER vacation in August.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

FDR had "The buck stops here"....and Obama's words of encouragement to a desperate population? .."Hey, it could be worse"

ROFL. What a leader! Stand back Julius Caesar, we have a new kid on the block!

This guy is unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm sure that Obama can fix it all in his second term.

After the great depression, every time the stock market dipped it was a depression. These dips were refereed to by the media as depressions, the pubic had developed a fear of this word so the media came up with the word recession to explain a small dip. Today we are experiencing what the media calls "The Great Recession" this isn't as bad as a depression right?

I am 51 years old and this is the first time in my life that I fear what will happen to America in the next ten to twenty years. I'm not sure that our country can withstand what is coming.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Let me begin by saying that BOTH parties had a hand...

Absolutely true and, many forget, the Dems had control of both houses of Congesss for the last two years of the Bush admin. That puts them in charge of the purse strings for four years in a row.

But, also realize its not just Dems and Reps, the main problem is the same crooks being in office for way too long, who have developed a sense of entitlement of their own. I hope the voters are recognizing this, as well.

Either Obama is the stupidest president this country has ever had or he believes that we are the stupidest people on earth!

Of course he believes we are stupid. Why else would the other elitists have embraced him so?

When I watch him, I see someone who recognizes he is in way over his head.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This should be his message, or at least his solution.....Geezus

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Are you serious? Even Hillary has enough sense to distance herself from this walking turd. There has never been a worst President then the one we have now...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Things could be worse. For instance...Obama could decide to show up on a daytime talk show....wait....nevermind.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
99 days to the election right?

I have a question for everyone.

WHERE ARE THE TOWNHALL MEETINGS?

That right there tells you EXACTLY what the politicians know and believe. I think if there was a townhall that they did not pack with union clowns and the new ACORN renamed organizations, there may have already been a revolution.

I have a sinking suspicion that if there is NOT a complete removal of all the incumbents there maybe a revolution shortly following this coming election.

If they attempt their software manipulation and a bunch of the people like Reid sneak back in, I expect to see something else happen.

I myself will NOT pay any of these new tax measures. Come and get me feds. I need 3 meals and a place to sleep for free. Oh, and I definitely will be going to trial on it. If they even attempt to do crap without trial, that right there will be the indication that the Constitution is dead. Therefore there is no longer LAW.

Has anyone read about the crime in the Great Depression? Just imagine what happens if this government attempts their gestapo tactics. They know what would happen.

I just suggest to my representatives, make sure you have a place in them thar bunkers.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So is this his admission that he can't fix it after all?
I guess throwing money at it doesn't seem to be working either.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow. The man who ran his candidacy saying "Yes, we can!" and preaching change like there was no tomorrow has reached the point of telling us it could be worse. How sad.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yep!... Things could be worse, but Obama's not going to rest... He is working hard on his 7th vacation since taking office and is going to fit eighteen holes of golf in before taking his 8th vacation...

www.cnn.com...

www.whitehousedossier.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Th1nker

I love how politicians have no clue on how broke we really are. They just love living the phat life at our expense. I should of been a politician.....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Let's see...

Prior to 2006 we had the lowest unemployment in history, housing was booming and the economy was fantastic...

2006, Dems took control..

Yeah yeah yeah, heard it all a million times that it goes farther back than that etc etc, but the fact remains that is the excuse Dems have been using since time began..

Well another fact is that we have not had a Conservative in the White House for decades...

I say we vote for anyone we don't know... If you recognize the name, don't vote for it...

Let's get the old trash out.. How much worse could a new flock be?

Semper

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Funny how just two short years ago, the media was reporting that we were on the verge of becoming a one party nation. Those Christian right, Old,White, Racist, Republicans were the cause of all Americas problems and the people hated them. Two years of Obama and the story has converted back to the same old bickering that it was before. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, thanks to Obama we are still not a one party Democratic dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

This mess isn't Obama's NOR George W's mess. Reagan started this crap and knew what would happen, but he knew he'd be dead before it all went to hell so he didn't care. He took all the money out of the bank and bought shares in the Middle East invasion we're seeing fail today. He thought,

'I'll make sure that when the grandchildren of tomorrow try to take money out of the bank it won't be there, forcing them to partake in the Military actions in the Middle East to survive. *maniacal laugh*'

Or something along those lines

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join