It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama really want to be president?president isn’t in love with the White House.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Tom Maguire of a tidbit buried in MoDo’s crude, racially reductive attempt to blame l’affaire Sherrod on the “overprotective white guys” who surround The One.

His demeanor since has has become president has confused me.

Did he think he really didn't have a chance?

Was he coerced?

Maureen Dowd hints: The White House had a role in pushing Sherrod out

Why do I ask?

this paragraph,

Great catch by Tom Maguire of a tidbit buried in MoDo’s crude, racially reductive attempt to blame l’affaire Sherrod on the “overprotective white guys” who surround The One. It’s unclear from what she writes whether anyone called the White House before Sherrod was forced to resign or only later that day after it happened, but I’d sure like to know the timeline. Was it Vilsack’s decision to let her go and, even if it was, if the White House had reason to believe that the initial clip was fishy before he canned her, why didn’t they reach out and tell him to exercise caution?

The West Wing white guys who pushed to ditch Shirley Sherrod before Glenn Beck could pounce not only didn’t bother to Google, they weren’t familiar enough with civil rights history to recognize the name Sherrod. And they didn’t return the calls and e-mail of prominent blacks who tried to alert them that something was wrong…

“I’ve known these two individuals — the husband for more than 50 years and the wife for at least 35, 40 — and there’s not a racist hair on their heads or anyplace else on their bodies,” [Rep. John] Lewis said…

“The president’s getting hurt real bad,” Clyburn told me. “He needs some black people around him.” He said Obama’s inner circle keeps “screwing up” on race: “Some people over there are not sensitive at all about race. They really feel that the extent to which he allows himself to talk about race would tend to pigeonhole him or cost him support, when a lot of people saw his election as a way to get the issue behind us. I don’t think people elected him to disengage on race. Just the opposite.”

the "scripted" presidency.

For a shrewder take on why Obama dropped the ball in the Sherrod case, try this piece by David Ignatius. The teleprompter president doesn’t like venturing off-script, so when he gets surprised by some volatile, unpredictable media clusterfark, his instinct naturally is to make it go away as quickly as possible.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I asked another administration insider to describe how Obama deals with sensitive national security issues. This official generally had high praise for Obama's intellect and analytical precision. The odd thing, he said, was that Obama doesn't often ask "presidential questions." By this, he meant that Obama rarely steps out of the scripted briefing points to ask: "Why are we doing this?"

He comes out of no where.

We still know very little about his past.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

And guess the responses you’re going to get? A predictable thread with the same instinctive knee-jerk partisan bashing. They are just gonna tell you that he is just another chosen puppet by the puppet masters to get the left vs right game going or that the people didn’t really voted for him.

Honestly, I just think this Country wasn’t ready for this kind of potus because Obama wasn’t even ready for himself. So yeah, it doesn’t seem to be a personal choice; he was prepped for a destiny that couldn’t be fulfilled under the circumstances. Which is why you see the blatant contrast between what he promised and what he’s doing. It just confirms that the game is beyond the so-called “magic negro”.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
well, he was out of work and needed a job,

he knew if he got elected he would have a job for at least 4 years.

plus, he knew he would get to play golf for free..

and he would be able to travel on someone Else's dime..

His wife and kids would be taken care of ..

A roof over his and his families heads..

food on the table..

a steady paycheck..

and a retirement fund..

damn, i shoulda ran for president ..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

So yeah, it doesn’t seem to be a personal choice; he was prepped for a destiny that couldn’t be fulfilled under the circumstances. Which is why you see the blatant contrast between what he promised and what he’s doing.

Yea, I see that.

I have more opinions but I will wait to hear the opinions of others.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Run for president?

Not a good idea,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
well, he was out of work and needed a job,

He was a senator...

If Obama doesn't want to be president, then he is probably the most qualified president we have ever had based on that principle alone. People who crave power and leadership positions (such as the POTUS) are almost exclusively Authoritarian in nature, and usually have a host of other psychological issues that lead to such tendencies.

People who don't want the power or authority will usually make decisions based on logic and reasoning, rather than simply following their whims.

However, I highly doubt that is the case. Obama ran a focused campaign, and it would be nearly impossible for someone who didn't truly want the position to even get close to it. Besides, he seems to be running the country down a fairly authoritarian path, so chances are he's just as insecure and power-hungry as every other world leader.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Obama did not run his campaign. He was simply the tool used by Axelrod and others to advance an agenda to move this nation towards the tipping point. I wouldn't be surprised if David Copperfield was involved in the campaign either. The Illusion fooled a nation.

Obama, the 9-5 president, takes every possible moment to leave the White House and all things presidential. Does he even wear the customary Presidential jacket on AF One that presidents of the past have worn? To him AF ONe is his personal airliner and nothing more. Junkets, Vacations and campaign trips. That is all he is good for.

Now, instead of working in his Oval Office he will spend the next several months in perpetual campaign mode leaving the real work in DC to those Czars who have true power and authority granted to them by Obama.

As for Obama's experience?? His lack there of it is harming him in multiple ways right now. He is over his head in a bad way.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am beginning to think that there is far more behind this Sherrod case than we know.

As the story plays out, I am growing suspicious as to how this all played out to begin with. I think she is being played by this administration to further drive the wedge into the racial divide that was rekindled by Obama and his wife to begin with. Consider the blatant attempts by the Barack and Michelle to publicly vilify the Tea Party on the basis of false claims of racism alone.

We have the connections of the New Black Panthers to the NAACP and ultimately to Obama that were revealed prior to the Sherrod story. Then, Shirley steps into this mess with even more claims of bias and racism to throw around. She has even been compared to Rosa Parks!!!

Convenient?? I think so. Is she a tool who is merely taking one for the team? Let's see what she stands to GAIN out of all of this.

The whole story is playing out to perfectly.

Just watch as the whole Rangel investigation plays out!!!

It won't be long before he plays the Race card in an effort to dodge the charges and his blatant guilt. One block at a time....the foundation is laid for something far greater than we know at the moment.

The Tipping Point is rapidly approaching!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Is anyone really ever ready to be president and in a position that the worlds eye is on? It is not an easy job, there is no job description that goes along with the highest public office in the land. He campaigned for it, and won the job. Now he has to pay part of the price for being in it. Being President is a trade off, the first part is that you are watched 24/7, and have very little privacy. No matter where you go, there will be people all around. He can not go out and meet the public, nor can his immediate family. If you look at the campaign that he ran, the people who helped get him into office, listened and wrote his speeches, giving him the words to tell the majority of the country exactly what they wanted to hear, to include attempts to try to control the media, even admitting that they only would let the reporters ask questions that they wanted to answer, and there are the allegations of threats against all who would run an unfavorable story against Barak Obama. So his people did an excellent PR campaign, got the man into office, and now he is finding out that all of that work was probably a good idea.
The public has questions and are asking them, and they are the questions that the White House is not prepared to answer. More and more, if you watch the press confrences, there are the occasional questions that will catch the press secretary off guard, where he can not or will not answer. If they are prepared, then it is deflect, and more times than not blame someone else. The media is starting to wise up, and ask those occasional questions that lets the white house know that they are being watched, and it is up setting Barak Obama.
Based off of what all the man has done, coming into office at a time when the country was in a bad way, he is trying to do the best, but failed to realize the gravity of the situation, cause no matter who all got into office, the job right now would have been one of the roughest in the world. The decisions he is making are getting harder and harder, and what I am not being impressed with is that he is taking those that will gather votes, instead of taking on the really tough issues, putting them on the back burner.
Ultimately I do not believe he is trying to gather the country together, but is dividing it apart, using the issues to try to blame the other side, instead of actually having serious discussions, just shutting them out. And the other side is looking and starting to back away, as is recorded in all of the votes on legislation that the president has pushed through, combined with the publics voice getting louder and louder.

top topics

join