It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 New Crop Circles 7-25-10

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Did you see MR.Wackers example
That sure would lend quite a hand

I love this debate in the CC arena
I know somehow there are Chinese lanterns involved

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What a waste of crop land...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Student X

I love this debate in the CC arena
I know somehow there are Chinese lanterns involved

Lol that was pretty funny about the lanterns... Im still rollin here

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

OMG Weedwhacker! Aliens have set down on your post and made a message!

I hope someone deciphers it!

Oh! I know what it says, it says we are all gonna die! Soon! ARRRGH!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Can show me evidence that circlemakers have claimed to have such a miniature stomerboard is in their circlemaker toolkit? I mean, they seem give the impression that a regular ol' stomperboard and tape/rope is all that's needed.

What if a circle has a line that is too narrow to even walk in?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Student X]

That's really just wishful thinking. It is actually the die-hard believers who are the ones saying that only the simplest tools are used for the most complex designs. The actual circle maker organizations do respect simplicity, but make no mistake, GPS as well as an arrangement of hand and foot tools are used for the more complex circles today.

These things take hours to design. Teams of up to 60 people can be used. It's NOT just a couple of drunks stumbling home from the pub deciding to cause some night-time mischief, which seems to be the common image for the believers.

What is so wrong with PEOPLE having the ability to do this? That's what pisses me off the most about this issue. I totally understand if you believe in crop circles because you've heard of magnetic anomalies, exploded nodes, rare-earth residue. Even though these claims have been falsified, most people don't know that and it's easy to see how fraudsters like BLT Research are capitalizing on the famous secrecy around circle making groups.

But if you think the design alone is beyond the ability of man, then you have a very poor understanding of human potential.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by elevatedone

Like I've said before, anyone who's ever been exposed to/played with this toy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7af9bdc74828.jpg[/atsimg]

...with which you can draw incredibly intricate designs, with pens/pencils like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9362676b67b.gif[/atsimg]

...would have little difficulty designing these "crop circles".

Even easier nowadays, than in the 1970s (when the "Spirograph" was a common toy) because of computer technology....

~~~

"Believers" must ask yourselves, why are these "designs" always, always, always located in just one type of crop?

It's not as if there aren't OTHER fields, with other plants available out there...why is it always wheat/grain-types???

What about flowers? Tulip fields? (Oh, I know....because THAT is much more expensive, as it seriously damages the flowers, and makes them completely unmarketable. PLUS, those fields are likely better secured/monitored/protected, due to their value).

[edit on 26 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

Interesting theory....
Right the same unknown hoaxer that travel in space and time...

The Time traveller Hoaxer of the 1678 with your "Spirograph"!

THE MOWING-DEVIL: OR, STRANGE NEWS OUT OF HARTFORD-SHIRE
Being a True Relation of a Farmer, who Bargaining with a Poor Mower, about the Cutting down Three Half Acres of Oats: upon the Mower's asking too much, the Farmer swore That the Devil should Mow it rather than He. And so it fell out, that very Night, the Crop of Oat shew'd as if it had been all of a Flame: but next Morning appear'd so neatly mow'd by the Devil or some Infernal Spirit, that no Mortal Man was able to do the like.

Also, How the said Oats ly now in the Field, and the Owner has not Power to fetch them away.

Licensed, August 22th, 1678

Hoaxer Time traveller for sure!!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

As a kid I loved my spirograph set and way back in the early years of crop circles it occurred to me that the makers might be using the same principles to produce crop circles.

My idea was that the circles were produced by a computer-controlled, radio-controlled hovercraft that moved over the fields like the nib of a spirograph pen, tracing out the pattern.

This was as an adequate explanation at the time, because back then the crop circles were relatively simple…mostly still just circles.

I had to abandon the idea about ten years ago when the crop designs became too complex for such a simple explanation.

Now I’m back at the do-not-have-a-hypothesis stage. The size, intricacy, and flawlessness of the modern ‘circles’ is astounding and mind-boggling. I think they are one of the great mysteries of modern times.

As for the circles not appearing in fields of flowers, I thought you might be interested in this story of “mysterious crop circles that have appeared from time to time in Tasmania’s legal opium poppy fields”.

www.abc.net.au...

It appears that wallabies invade the fields and eat the poppies, then hop around in circles in their narcotized state, which gives a fully satisfactory explanation of the mystery if you are easily satisfied.

Of course, these circles don’t get too much publicity, and I haven‘t been able to find an image of one. I think the last thing the farmers down there want is a bunch of new-age hippy types invading their poppy fields. Could be the investigators would end up hopping in circles like the wallabies.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by aethron]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by aethron]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The farmer had attempted to enter into a contract with a man to mow his field, but could not come to agreement on a price. Mowing entails cutting the whole stalk of grain off at it's base.

It would seem that the 'Mowing Devil' mowed the field ''perfectly''.

I think today's stomping of a pattern in a field of grain that usually isn't even ripe is quite a different thing.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by butcherguy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join