It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change it: BP to Transocean Deepwater Disaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Originally posted by mr20121221
Both are fault BP still runs the show It's there coin they call the shots BP were the one's who insistant on the way the cap was going to be handled. It was there proceedure there well.

Read the transcripts they made the risk of a gas blowout by short cutting time and materials of engeering. maybe they did not inform the crew of ther short comings in engeering so safty issues could be addressed, perhaps they felt it was on a need to know basis.
energycommerce.house.gov...

No ,you are totally wrong.

So if an American soldier in Iraq goes and kills 10 Iraqi kids because he is bored, it is the fault of Congress and the Presdient?

Did you even read the article at:-

www.guardian.co.uk...

I already know, to know is faster than thinking, your agenda does not rest with me, I do not share your fraustration, the alarms would not have saved them, It was a bomb awaiting to go off.

You might as well blame the people who make the alarms, the engineers who designed them, the people who installed them.

what the sense in installing a product nobody is going to use, what the sense of designing and engineering well piping if nobody is going to use it.
What is the sense of using proper cement and proceedures if nobody is going to use them. What is the sense of having safty and proceedures if nobody going to use them!

Economics vs Responsibility

At some points in history we need to make great leaps, There is a corruption of design, no one is singular to blame, the entire design is corrupt

The well is a sign, a destiny that is unfolding showing how close we have come to demise
The choosen of arrogance and ignorance / demise
simple math, singular figure it out.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
reply to post by nobodysavedme

"It is morally wrong to blame BP when it has been shown below that it is clearly the fault of Transocean."

Then why did the C.E.O. of B.P. opologize on T.V. for this spill? I wouldn't oplogize for something I didn't do. Would you?

The C.E.O in my opinion is weak , ineffectual and spineless and easily harassed by the corporate media in America.

Just imagine if I had been in that hearing.

I would have ripped Congress to shreds.

They would have been running out of the doors by the time I finished with these hypocrits.These crooks , these corporate criminals in suits.

I would have taken a list of the all Congress men who had taken political bribes ,er , donations to relax rules and regulations with regard to offshore drilling and I would thrown it in their faces.

And I would be suing Transocean , Halliburton and all the companies who also bribed senators to relax rules and regulation for the loss to BP of all the oil and the oil well and associated profits from that loss.

I would sue Transocean for their disabling of all the safety devices.

I would be suing America and all the American companies involved for all the losses BP has suffered.

I would drag them all through the courts for decades.

Wake up BP.

Stop being lily livered and stand up to these corporate crooks and corporate bullies.

We owe them nothing.We demand they pay BP for all the losses.

What on earth???

Just.... wow.

Congratulations for being the first in this subforum to defend BP outright.

you are a brave, if not crazy, poster

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I understand that and as I stated earlier there are good percentage of people that know BP is not the only one that should be dealt with, but BP is the one that took the blame and are going to be the ones that people hold liable. BP has been doing some shady things from the start. So if the OP is trying to get a discusion on some of the other companies thats great, but demanding things the way he/she has done is not the way to go about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Again

Sorry I can't help myself sometimes.
You are trying to be funny right? I see you have put alot of thought into what you would do. Since Tony Hayward is resigning maybe you should try and take his place then you can go back and give it to them good and demand they pay BP back for their losses. I must say you seem to be very sympathetic to BP so if I may ask why? Oh well I guess everyone has a right to their own opinions so good luck.This is not a personal bash towards you since I do not know you personally but the comments you have made are pretty interesting to say the least,

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It does not mater who caused the problem.

BP signed the permits to be able to drill at the site.
The permits are in BP name. so the government blames BP.

The rest is for the court to sort out at a later date between the parties working on the rig.

I worked as superintendent for a mining company and under our permits we were responsible for any contamination of the site.

We used and in the fall stocked up on about 2500 gals of diesel fuel to run the mine for the winter. No fuel trucks could get in during the winter.

If Earth First or Earth Liberation Front Eco terrorist had come on the site and dumped the diesel fuel tanks on the ground the mining company would have been responsible even if we had caught them on our security camera and they had been arrested.

Our only recourse would have been to sue the Eco terrorists that were caught in court for the losses and cost of clean up. and then try to collect money from them.(not likely)

You can not sue Earth First or Earth Liberation Front as organisation because they hide behind anonymously and have no formal organisation.

So no mater who's fault it was BP is responsible to the US government.

The rest is up to the courts.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It has really always been BP et al, as all the companies mentioned have been discussed in the forum. But, as has been stated, since BP was the top of the ladder and held the actual permits and lease, they are the ones at the top of this issue. I admit to being confused by your demands and the way they are stated. Are you sure you may not be nit picking over the British in BP? After all it is not like nationalities mean doodley squat to the out fits involved any way, right?
N.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I would have taken a list of the all Congress men who had taken political bribes ,er , donations to relax rules and regulations with regard to offshore drilling and I would thrown it in their faces.

And I would be suing Transocean , Halliburton and all the companies who also bribed senators to relax rules and regulation for the loss to BP of all the oil and the oil well and associated profits from that loss.

I would sue Transocean for their disabling of all the safety devices.

I would be suing America and all the American companies involved for all the losses BP has suffered.

I would drag them all through the courts for decades.

Wake up BP.

Stop being lily livered and stand up to these corporate crooks and corporate bullies.

We owe them nothing.We demand they pay BP for all the losses.

Obviously you know what is going on. You are a smart guy. You really seem to have some serious deep knowledge here of what should and should not really be done in a case like this. It just makes me wonder why Tony is on a multimillion dollar boat somewhere drinking champagne and you are on ATS complaining about forum names.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

And joy of a user genarated content community is that we all have the rights to demand what ever we want. Of course, there is a huge gulf between demanding something and getting it, but the OP has that right, and I will defend that right.

Of course, BP are at the top of the ladder, but with the BP logo, it makes discussions more emotive, and based on some of the threads in this forum, such as ones were people were saying boycott all BP stations for example, we need to ensure we enable solid and reasoned debate, and if the logo used for the forum, starts to diminish reasonable debate, then we should demand a change.

And forums have been changed on ATS before so this is nothing new!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

While I can not see the full point the poster was making, I would agree with the current BP CEO was weak in his dealings with Congress, and he should have taken a leaf from George Galloway's book and been more agressive.

All the people in Congress and the rest of thew world, enjoy all the benefits of the crude oil economy, and how many of those who questioned the CEO are that clean? Many states in the US and countries around the world depend of the risks taken by oil exploration companies, and see how quick the oil companies were to take the ban of anymore oil exploration in GoM to court.

And then there is the impact on the retirement incomes of millions of people around the world with BP not declaring a dividend.

People have to make some hard choices? Do you want the benefits of the crude oil economy but none of the risks that go with getting this oil. Of course, everyone else will blame everyone else, no one wants to be stuck with this as it will kill that company.

And why no defend BP? This is a company that has helped to fuel the crude oil economy we benefit from. As usual, I see people attacking BP but not doing anything to change our crude oil based economy. BP is a major global company that employes thousands of people around the world.

Just imagine the global impact if BP were bust? Thousands of people out of work and the US Government to pick the bill up for all the clean up. If I was a shareholder in BP, I would be voting for the US arm to be wound up and then start business as a new legal entity on Monday, and then all the responsability for the clean up would rest with the US Government. Just how would Obama spin that?.

<< 1   >>

join