It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Female (White) Rhino Killed In South Africa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Last Female (White) Rhino Killed In South Africa

www.postchronicle.com

Cruel poachers kill last female rhino by hacking off her horn and allowing her to bleed to death, reports The Guardian, and South Africa National Parks officials are urging officials for help in stopping the "organized" poaching crimes. According to the report, poachers dart the animals with tranquilizer guns at night, and while the helicopter blades are whirring, jump down with chainsaws and cut the huge horn off of the animal. Sadly, if it were necessary, the Rhino's horn can be safely removed because they do grow back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting, can't these ignorant poachers get a *snip* clue? I'd like to go down there to South Africa with my chain saw and poach a few poacher heads, stuff em and mount them on the wall!

While this isn't the last white Rhino female in the world, this species is on the critical watch list... and crap like this still happens, even when it's the last of it's kind... Mankind really needs a reality check - PLEASE MAKE IT COME QUICK!

on a brighter note, A youtube video showing a brand new baby White Rhino romping around her home in a Dublin, Ireland Zoo brings hope to those uf us too distrought to understand why things like this happen...

www.postchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/24/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Jul 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Damn, fool, i was about to give up all hope until i read the part where you said she wasn't THE last.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Why?
Just why... . . The relentlessness of mans evil will forever be un-fathomable to my understanding. We don't all run on all piston's all the time, if you know what I mean, but how can we be so mindless and uncaring of the world around us?
I guess many would say I'm living in a sugar-coated, rose-tinted sunshade world. I truely feel sorry for our fellow humans who have grown into such depravity. Imagine the weight on their soul. I've heard too many confessions of the kind of lives these immoral people lead. Many of them know the wrong they do. Humans are not un-intelligent by nature, yet seemingly easily led and easily fall prey to failure and weakness.. leading to our instinctual will to survive, no matter the cost to our surroundings..
It is a pity that our 'modern' quick-fix society seems stuck in this very rut.

soz 4 rant

Still can't believe this has happened. My heart has sunk. I'll be looking out for the success story of repopulation of the white rhino in south africa... pipe dreams could echo a thunder...
g'nyt ats, from a very tired jimjolnir

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Some can do such sick things, no respect for anything living. Totally uncalled for - so sad and yet it makes me furious at the same time.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
Damn, fool, i was about to give up all hope until i read the part where you said she wasn't THE last.

Yeah, really. What a stupid thing to do. Needed more traffic for your thread?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sadly, it's a case of supply and demand, and it's something we'll never be able to prevent.

Some ignorant, twisted individual wants the horn of the animal, or some by-product, and as such, they'll get it. For the right price.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i agree; dont blame the players, blame the game you are involved in that allows this to happen: if you feel it is an atrocity.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Man can't love himself.

Nothing on this planet is safe.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

This is the sort of human activity that makes me want to crawl in a hole and die. I do not even want to be a part of the human race. It is too horrible for words or life.... Lousy with humans, is this planet.

(I don't care what color she was)

...but live, I must.

Where are we going?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I totale agree with you.
I think mankind is to far gone to save.
Aliens, please clean up the human race.
the are to evil to live.

even if you took the best of them.
and started over.
it would just hapen again...

Originally posted by rusethorcain

This is the sort of human activity that makes me want to crawl in a hole and die. I do not even want to be a part of the human race. It is too horrible for words or life.... Lousy with humans, is this planet.

(I don't care what color she was)

...but live, I must.

Where are we going?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Apparently you dont understand that you are supposed to use the title from the article. Which the OP did.

Good thread OP. It doesnt matter to me that she was not the last female white rhino on Earth, having the last female rhino in her region to die is bad enough. That population is gone unless they import more females, and why would they when they are being poached at that rate?

What a shame. Whats next?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Could it be that the white rhino is actually the unicorn of legend? It certainly seems to fit the bill and I think there has always been metaphor and symbolism around this animal.

This is tragic news. It's not just the poachers who are fault but those who generate a market for the ivory horn by using superstition to promote beliefs in magical powers.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Haha pretty cool..I hope these poachers kill all animals around them and when there's none left to kill there spread around allover world and kill other animals too. when all animals are dead, environment shot to #, ecosystem in tatters, climate change etx ........... then will come upon the deaths of billions of people for committing crimes against nature. hopefully then the nature will get rid of half parasite half human virus known as man.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
White things are being exterminated in South Africa these days...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The article got the title wrong. It's not "Last Female (White) Rhino Killed In South Africa". It should be "Last Female (White) Rhino Killed In South African Game Reserve". This was the last white rhino in the Krugersdorp Game Reserve.

There are still several other Game reserves and private game farms such as the National Kruger Park that has white rhinos... The problem is that the government don't feel this is a priority and give little support to Game parks to protect the animals. Thus Game Parks need to fend for themselves by having armed guards patrol the parks. There are regular gun fights between park rangers and poachers, which rarely end well.

The fight is not lost yet... But then we're miles from winning the fight.

And this all because our Asian friends use the horn as aphrodisiac... And there is no proof whatsoever that it works. Sick.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Seems to me with our intellect and their... their....just BEING

we could co-exist, achieve a pinnacle on the Earth.

Unfortunately our intelligence is preoccupied
with exterminating their BEING, and many others.

Do we want to be, who we seem to be?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's all for the money, it brings out the worst in some people.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just so people dont get too worked up it was the last White Rhino in that particular game reserve not the world, the OP's title is misleading

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated), too obscure or already biased. If the headline is biased or otherwise inapporpriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. (This is a judgement call and may be modified by a moderator.)

ATS breaking news instructions

The OP did things exactly right (apart from adding the 'White', a clarification that is probably ok). It actually makes a nice change from reading 'OMG Iran has a million nukes on the moon' which links to a thread about some kid from russia eating jello.

edit to add: Yes, the title is slightly misleading but that is the fault of the publishing site, not the OP.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Chris McGee]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join