It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyron Horman: missing child, conspiracy??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
im confused about something and i have some questions, so thats why i made this thread, i hope you guys can help me answer these to put my conspiracy raving mind at ease.

I wonder what is it about a missing child that warrants a state / nation wide search, where as other child abductions go mostly unoticed,

for example on 06/10/2010 kyron horman went missing in oregon,

since then they have conducted admitedly the largest statewide search of any missing child ever, why? many children have gone missing in oregon and all other states why so much effort for this one? why not this much effort for all the others? this question has been bothering me i keep asking people hoping for an answer that makes sense like ("parents were fbi, or involves a racial hate crime,") or something to that effect to explain the strange political interest but still this case seems for all appearences to be similar to all the other missing children that occur

at this link
www.mostfreebies.com...

you can see all the missing children for oregon and you can see that there have been 6! more since kyron was lost, and yet nobody has even heard of these other cases kyron is still the only one in the news,

whats more i found out the secret service is involved in this case!

why? correct me if im wrong but i thought the sole purpose of the secret service was to protect the president, is kyrons dissapearence a threat to the president?!

here is a pdf doc with questions regard kyrons investigation
www.1190kex.com...

thats where i found that secret service was involved,

and yet the local county sheriff is the lead in this case, does that mean secret service is answering to a sheriff?

there even getting tips from other countries!?

here are some other interesting points made in the pdf
as you will see they dont always give a very informative answer, most the time they skirt the answers with political double talk.

You have never done this before, why now and why this case?

• This is a very large case with enormous media and public interest. This is
the most efficient way to address many questions from numerous media
outlets. This is a large case and has attracted a lot of media attention and
public interest.

(uh the question was WHY??)

Can we have the list of law enforcement agencies that have assisted in the Kyron Horman investigation?

Gresham Police, Fairview Police, Troutdale Police, Portland Police, Port of Portland Police, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County DA MCT, Multnomah County DA’s investigators, Washington County District Attorney’s Office, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Gladstone Police, Oregon City Police, Milwaukie Police, Canby Police, Lake Oswego Police, West Linn Police, Vancouver Police, Hillsboro Police, Beaverton Police, FBI, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, DOD Defense Criminal Investigative Services, Oregon DOJ, Oregon State Police.

This list does not include search and rescue resources.

Are tips coming from other parts of the country?
• Yes
From other countries?
• Yes

Is the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office still the lead agency investigating this
case?
• Yes

How many other children are considered missing/endangered in Multnomah
County at this time aside from Kyron?
• There are no other cases that meet this criteria

Kyron's disappearance the largest search in state history?
• Yes this is true

you'll notice in the last two questions they say this is the largest search in state history and yet they only ask if other kids are missing from that county, Multnomah county is the smallest county in the entire state of oregon,
geology.com...

shouldnt they have asked if other children are missing in the state or were they specificaly trying to avoid that yes answer.

something smells fishy here, granted i hope they find the kid, but i think my point is, i hope they find ALL the kids not just this one, and it seems this one is the only one they care about.

so tell me WHY?

Related thread - Conspiracy of Missing Children

edited to turn 'smeels' into 'smells'

[edit on 24-7-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This morning on the news they said that three of Kyron's stepmother's friend's homes were searched with warrants. The warrants were sealed so the info that the FBI was searching for wasn't released. This struck me as odd, so maybe you are on to something

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I live in Oregon, actually not too far from where he was last seen.. And I've seen this develop from posters in starbucks and fast food places evolve to nationally covered stories.

The posters are EVERYWHERE now. I can't find a storefront without one.

I have really wondered from day four or five (when it got more serious in search efforts) what made this case different. I know children go missing all the time, but we never see this much effort.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
yeah its been all over the news as well as in that pdf doc that kyrons mom is not answering their questions and has retained a lawyer, she stoped answering their questions when they started accusing her of being guilty, like any smart defendant would she shut up and got legal help, beyond that i dont know what she could have to do with it

edited to add -

Originally posted by Miraj

I live in Oregon, actually not too far from where he was last seen.. And I've seen this develop from posters in starbucks and fast food places evolve to nationally covered stories.

The posters are EVERYWHERE now. I can't find a storefront without one.

I have really wondered from day four or five (when it got more serious in search efforts) what made this case different. I know children go missing all the time, but we never see this much effort.

i am relieved to know that im not the only one questioning this, i was affraid people would find my questioning to be negative in some way

[edit on 24-7-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Very good thread
I have often wondered the very same thing?? It very strange
Im from ireland and often notice it,When Madelinne mcCann went missing in portugal the media was every where for months un end,then a young girl from dublin who lived in spain went missing and there was no effort at all. It is crazy and very sad but i guess we have to be happy one girl got searched for properly.
Im going to look into your case because i dont know it
thank you

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I agree with everyone who believes this whole kid thing to be a Conspiracy. Has anyone noticed how much taxpayer $$ is being put into the search? Should we be following the money?

I also see local posters for this kid all over, even though I am not sure how far I am from "ground zero". It's weird, because kids disappear everyday.

There definitely has to be something bigger about this story.... No offense to kids, but this much effort and money isn't poured into every single one that comes up missing. Not to mention, the press that seems to have gone global now, instead of just staying local.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Now that you bring up the Secret Service.. It makes me wonder.

What if this was secretly the child of a former president or another high tier official?

What if it was some sort of terrorist incident that has been managed to keep under wraps as a missing child?

Could explain the mysterious dissapearance. The kid was dropped off in front of school, and no one ever saw him get to the front.

Could be the mark that someone experienced was involved in kidnapping.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Oh boy, the Secret Service involved could definitely point to them being behind a cover up. Perhaps this family was up to something. Shadow Government nabbed the kid, and now all of this is supposed to achieve something.

What if it is to strengthen the tyrannical laws against people with children? You know, The UN's agenda to give kids more freedom and parents less rights, in order to weaken the family unit. The state gains more power, as even family members grow further apart. If you cannot care to truly look out for the best interest of your family, then you definitely don't care what the government(s) do to the rest of humanity.

Or I am wrong and thinking too much into this.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Could be true. I would say my mother has had a strong reaction to all the posters around town.

It was a thought that crossed my mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

If this family is shown to have done something terrible to this kid, then this could mean some sorta tough law giving the state MORE ownership over kids. And we will all be cheering for it.

Your mom's reaction is probably the same as many, right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

I also see local posters for this kid all over, even though I am not sure how far I am from "ground zero". It's weird, because kids disappear everyday.

well if you follow burnside west through a tunnel it turns into barnes, that is the skyline area where this happened, regardless though i hear people in new york are hearing about this case too, now how many kids go missing in new york itself? why would they care about an oregonian?

and tips from other countries?! very puzzled.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Probably yes.. There was even Law Enforcement that was going around asking to search peoples homes.

What if they "asked" soemone later to have found to have kidnapped this kid? Could lead to Federal Law Enforcement having more leeway to search a home without a warrant.

I was sort of desensitized.. it just seems like another missing kid to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Probably yes.. There was even Law Enforcement that was going around asking to search peoples homes.

REALY? what the hell is the point of that?

i mean what are the odds that someone would say yes to an unprovoked search of their home if they did have a kidnap victim in their home? wouldnt they have to be so incredibly stupid that this whole thing should have been solved already.

thats like asking at a press conference for the serial killer to turn himself in, how many here can sarcasticaly say 'yeah right'.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

REALY? what the hell is the point of that?

i mean what are the odds that someone would say yes to an unprovoked search of their home if they did have a kidnap victim in their home? wouldnt they have to be so incredibly stupid that this whole thing should have been solved already.

thats like asking at a press conference for the serial killer to turn himself in, how many here can sarcasticaly say 'yeah right'.

Wow, no kidnapper is going to say "Come on in and search my home".
With that being the case, they'd need to search all the homes whether they wanted to be searched or not. But. Illegal search and seizure is already a problem for law enforcement.

They could use missing kids as an excuse to make it so that they do not need a warrant for searching homes.

That is a really scary thought to me. They really could use a single kid, to make it so "Illegal search and seizure" is a thing of the past. Without any probable cause, they could simply come bursting into anyone's home.

Surely our government OF the people and FOR the people, wouldn't try and push such an agenda......

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I think they were just at a dead end, and had to show they were doing something to buy some time for their investigation.. I saw some people talking about it on some local forums at least. I never had anyone come by my house though.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

our government OF the people and FOR the people,

what a lark. lol,

well i was hoping someone could think of some sort of reasoning that the secret service is involved, it seems that it is puzzling everyone else also.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
posting an update with an article about ' "More national" 'Coverage' "for Kyron case"

thats the short article talking about the new dateline episode, about kyron, according to www.missingkids.com... there are two other missing children in oregon this year, did the reporters, media, investigators, and national coverage mention them also? somehow i doubt it. oddly enough the purpose of this thread is still the question, why? still no answer.

"More national attention for Kyron case

Hour long special airs on NBC's Dateline
By Jeff Kirsch
Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The 8 week investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman took another turn Monday. The case was featured on Dateline as Little Boy Lost. Kyron's biological parents and stepdad again talk about their suspicions that stepmom Terri Horman had something to do with his disappearance. Desiree Young says Terri has gaps in her story the day Kyron disappeared."She couldn't explain to them for about two hours of time where she was and what she was doing." Meantime DeDe Spicher, a close friend of Terri's whose home has been searched as part of the investigation, was subpoened to appear before a grand jury. She did not testify but is expected to reappear at some point. Her attorney Chad Stavely also told N-B-C he expects Terri to be arrested. "I would be frankly suprised if Terri Horman did not face charges in this case..I'd be very surprised if an indictment did not come down. " Meantime, investigators plan a news conference at two o'clock Tuesday afternoon to update the case. "

and now i've found this article "Reward In Kyron Horman Case Rises To $50,000" from 07/27/10

now where did they get that money? whos paying for this reward? and why wouldnt they do the same for these other two kids?

" Kristian Foden-Vencil | July 27, 2010 | Portland, OR

ShareDiscussDownload

The reward for information leading to the discovery of Kyron Horman has been increased to $50,000, but a Multnomah County Sheriff's Department press conference didn't reveal much new information. Horman is the seven-year-old who went missing almost eight weeks ago.

Investigators said they called the press conference today to provide answers to written questions from the media about the case.

Kristian Foden-Vencil / OPB
Captain Monte Reiser of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office But they began by saying they would not discuss any criminal investigation or take any additional questions. What they did say was that the search for Kyron Horman is now the largest search effort in Oregon's history. Monte Reiser: "Never before has there been a combined search and rescue contingent of approximately 500 searchers involving 18 different counties and several other agencies from other states." Captain Monte Reiser of Multnomah County Sheriff's office said they've dedicated 11-thousand hours to the investigation and received 35-hundred leads from thousands of tips. Monte Reiser: "Typically, tips are called in and are filtered, prioritized and triaged by an experienced detective allowing for effective dissemination of information to the appropriate resource. All tips are recorded and tracked using software specifically designed for this purpose. Once a tip turns into a lead, it is assigned to a detective or multiple detectives and is worked and continues to be tracked using the software."

He said some tips, such as those from psychics, produce no workable leads, but they will be kept and worked on later if necessary.

"...*Snip*unimportant part*Snip*..."

And also addressed concerns that other missing children aren't getting the same attention as Kyron Horman. Monte Reiser: "In response to an earlier question, at this time in Multnomah County or the Pacific Northwest region, we are not aware of any missing children cases that are like this one. Without hesitation, we can say that any case involving similar circumstances will be given the same attention that this one has."

Kristian Foden-Vencil / OPB
Desiree Young, mother of Kyron Horman
After he finished, Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, again asked people to come forward with information. Desiree Young: "We love you Kyron. Never give up hope. We are all coming to get you to bring you home."

After Young finished, authorities left the room without taking additional questions.

A great deal of attention in this case has been focused on Horman's stepmother, Terri Horman. But the police say they have neither have a person of interest nor a suspect. "

Continued....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
so when i was looking for media coverage regarding the other two missing children in oregon this year there is a 1 year old and a 5 year old brother and sister missing from portland oregon, happened on May 19 2010, and while looking for this all i was able to find is some other citizen commenting on this article about kyron on oregonlive, a MSM, the citizen is basicaly asking the same question and talking about the same two missing unreported, yet known dissapearence.

" Big Dred July 06, 2010 at 12:48AM
Follow

I have a question:

Why is such a big media deal being made about this particular child disappearing? Im not saying that I lack sympathy for this missing child, but why is the media covering every minute of this investigation, when there are plenty of other missing children that are not in the news?

For example:

Ubaldo Sanchez-Mejia and Jamie Mejia

... Both went missing 2 weeks before Kyron, yet no one is pestering the media to keep us up to date every minute on the investigation. Is the investigation even still continuing? What is the update??

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children lists 44 children that are missing in the Portland area. How come all of the resources and media coverage are going to this one child and no other children?

I hope that he is found and that the criminals responsible for his disappearance are held accountable, but its obvious that the media is using this story to boost ratings. And now every little bit of scrutinized information about the parents is being reported daily.

How about some equality in the world of missing and endangered children? "

Alright, so this thread is about the same question that 'Big Dred' is asking and me as well, and the only answer back i have found was from that aticle i quoted [recap] - "In response to an earlier question, at this time in Multnomah County or the Pacific Northwest region, we are not aware of any missing children cases that are like this one. Without hesitation, we can say that any case involving similar circumstances will be given the same attention that this one has "

oh ok then, so he answered my question by saying this one is a different situation then the rest, well just what are the "circumstances" here? from what they've told us we only have that the child is missing and the mom is suspicious, with the other cases we only know that the child is missing, these are the only two differences between these two case that we've officialy been told, all other differences between these two cases are the observations by citizens posted in this thread,

so tell me do you think its all justified? not the attention kyron gets. the question is, is it justified that the other children don't get the same attention, (like "Big Dred" said, "44 children are missing in the Portland area") is that justified by what the official story has told us so far?.

appearences would say that the police care a vast amount more about missing children whom have a solid suspect, in this case the mother, if no strong suspect then they care less, literaly.

not right in my opinion,

or perhaps theres a conspiracy of the reason for this particular interest, after all like the first post of the thread says, SECRET SERVICE???

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This probably belongs in the nut ball forum or something but when I think of the missing boy I get these flashes of the numbers 3 7 9. The closest address to the school he disappeared from is 379 NW Cornelius Pass RD., Portland, OR. I also get a flash of a light blue single level home with tall trees behind it. and I also get a feeling that he is still alive, but time is running out. The guy I feel is 39ish years old between 6'0" and 6'4" tall maybe 180 to 220 pounds, dark dirty blonde hair with touches of gray. I wish I new more. And I'm probably wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Right, I know the stepmother was not a good person, but when a lot of these kids are go missing we all know it is usually a predator that is responsible.
As the police that is where my focus would have been. Time is a wasting and it only takes one minute for one of these predators to snatch a child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join