It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Synchronicity Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Jung described several types of synchronicities:

www.carl-jung.net...

You may have experienced this too. I want to use this thread as a more direct kind of web-bot, but it depends on the honesty of the ATS community to work. It may yield nothing but I feel it is worth trying, at least to record your syncs.

I experience two main types of syncs "see/see" and "see/hear". With see/see I will read something and then within a day or two read it again. For example, a few weeks ago I took out two books from the library: KABOOM and FLY FISHING WITH DARTH VADER. Both were written by guys named Matt, which is my name as well. Both books mentioned "PISTOL PETE".

See/hear happened twice yesterday - I was here at ATS scanning the new posts while listening to Fear Factory. I read the word "disarray" at the same moment I heard it.

Later at home I was listening to The Horseflies while reading Atlantis Rising, a see/hear the words "let down" at the same moment.

The craziest sync of recent memory was about sync itself. I don't recall each source or the details, I think one book was OCCULT AMERICA...anyway I read about a guy back in the day who compiled a list of syncs and made it into a book, then of course the next book I read mentioned it again.

Thanks for sharing in advance and sorry if this has been attempted before or belongs somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Interesting.
What's the experiment?
What's the project?

Look up intentionality or John Searle, then you'll see that it's not see/see or hear/hear it's just think/think.

Synchronicity, for me, always seems to be pointless. You hear Lisa Simpson say something weird and then an hour later you hear your wife say it. That kind of thing.

Me and a friend tried an ongoing synchronistic experiment once. We wanted to know if we could create it by coming up with four intentions that normally wouldn't go together and then, if we continued to focus on the intentions, could the world send them back to us?

We used random words picked out of a dictionary, wrote them on pieces of paper, drew them from a hat, then we asked a third party to tell us the first word she thought of when we said the "word" on the paper.

In the end we wound up with

JUMP SKY FLOWER LADDER

Which we thought made no sense and was therefore perfect.

This was about six or eight months ago. Our manifestation seems to have failed. We have not had our message returned to us by the world. Has anyone seen anything that could be interpreted as Jump Sky Flower Ladder?

What was your idea?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

You just reminded me of a sync I had a few years ago regarding Princess Diana, I was reading a book that mentioned her and told my then boyfriend about it, he started saying negative things about her which really upset me to the point I was crying, I went downstairs and put the telly on and on the screen was princess diana I cannot remember which program it was.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

We impose the meaning, if any, I just want to record a large number of them and read about them to see if there is any larger pattern. It's the unintended aspect I find fascinating.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Kalki11]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

Ah, I see.
Thank you for clarifying.
If I have any juicy ones I'll jot them down.

Perhaps you might want to not measure the synchronistic effects of timely news stories. For instance, the princess di story above. Of course, when she died she's going to be all over the place.

I think true synchronistic events have to be free of influence, to be accurate. Getting rid of that influence, noticing that influence or not succumbing to it are all difficult.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by briantaylor]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Right, just like we should know the difference between a prophetic dream and a residual dream.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have been having this a lot and was talking to another member about it last week. I couldn't figure out why I was seeing these things and he said "synchronicity." What it means I have no idea.

I had a strange one the other day. I was looking at the date a photo I took was taken and as I was reading the date the news mentioned a video with the SAME date. It was June 09, 2009. I will never forget that. I looked at the date and instantly it was said on tv. It was weird esp since it was the exactly same date and year. Weird.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about prophetic or residual dreams, I'm curious though, if you care to elaborate.

I did have one thought on this very interesting subject.
Something, perhaps, someone might be able to qualify and quantify, if so inclined, the question, "Do you feel that synchronistic events are taking place more frequently than in the past?"

Perhaps as a follow up control, start noting eventts in a journal, compare 1000 journals, now and a year from now.

Scientific proof, anyone?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
just remembered a sync from a few weeks ago, I had read the book BURSTS, it quoted Mark Twain, "History does not repeat itself but it does ryhme".

The next book I read called RESET had the same quote.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
mbla,

yeah the see/hear variety.

brian,

I think syncs are increasing.

I think of it as spontaneous divination. Like dreams, we impose any meaning.

Kept seeing elephants the other day.

Been seeing/hearing about crowd sourcing alot recently.

Syncs can be a simple matter of the media putting out a new meme.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Kalki11]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow! Just came to this thread and its really great to see! I have synchronistic events happen to me all the time, every day. Things like elvis, music, news, nature, in speech, in things i do, i could go on and on. It's really just the coolest thing ever, and has just started up this past year. So yes, I do believe that the world is experiencing synchronicity more and more. its fascinating. I notice that the events that happen seem to be more consistent and on a larger scale when im "doing right in my life" or "on the correct path." per se. its not necessarily the event to me, because it happens so much. It's more of what surrounds the event, and what I was doing right before it happened, and what I was thinking. It starts a spiraling cycle where soon it feels like the world is just falling into your lap! soo very cool.
its the closest thing to magic i have ever experienced, and its such a joy. sometimes people just look at me funny, or theyll be like "how do you do that??" but its nice to know its not just me whose fascinated by it! fabulous

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

That happened to me in the spring/summer of 1996

top topics

join