It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO Sighted In Tuaran, Malaysia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The circle appears to be too perfect to be a cloud.

I don't know much about CGI, so I can't make a judgment on that, but in regards to the object no having any shadows like the rest of the clouds, has anybody taken into consideration this thing's color? Assuming for a moment it may be real, that alone would suggest some sort of camouflage or cloaking. Just a possible explanation for the lack of shadow and lack of coherence in the back end of the object.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Originally posted by Emptiness Dancing
photo was taken through the restaurant window

object is reflection of a light fixture inside the restaurant
you can see other reflective artifacts appearing to be on the roof of the building in the forground

hoax

obvious!

Sweet! You solved the case in a split second,

Here are a couple of web sites with images from the Tuaran Beach Resort Restaurant. Can you please identify what light fixture you're referring to?

www.agoda.com...

www.holidaycity.com...

I see that the only thing the debunkers have in common in this thread, is the 100% certainty that they're right.

backatcha. But do you seriously claim that those few very small images can be used to eliminate the possibility?
And you are aware that the photo was NOT claimed to be taken from the restaurant, but the "resort’s family living room" according to the report...

Where are the other statements from these multiple witnesses?
Was the strange post-processing ever explained - why have we not seen an original image?

And finally why does every quote about the incident come from the same source (apparently posted to several sites at the same time) by the elusive "Elton Gomes"? There is the suggestion he is a reporter for the Borneo Post, but I cannot verify that, nor find any other articles he has posted. The further I dig, the more suspicious this looks...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

Your commentary regarding the "source" is important.....like you, I concluded the "source" was "poor" when I first saw the story some months back.

That, combined with the fact I think the object looks like a product of CGI led me to conclude the whole thing is a hoax.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....
Your commentary regarding the "source" is important.....like you, I concluded the "source" was "poor" when I first saw the story some months back.
That, combined with the fact I think the object looks like a product of CGI led me to conclude the whole thing is a hoax.
Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I'm sorely tempted to fire off an email to the resort and see if James Dungil still works there, and what he has to say. Especially about why the image has been post-processed (the haloing effect).

I'm sticking with reflection, partly because of that. If you had the ability to do a reasonable job of adding the 'ufo', why the heck would you do such a lousy and obvious job of 'artsing up' the image...? Doesn't make sense - the whole thing reeks of an amateur effort to take advantage of something they discovered in an image they took...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
A PostScript...

Check this out, and reflect for a moment on the accuracy of press reporting:
Newslink
So, Jemas Dungil was a female guest, and said it turned green and she regretted not getting a pic...

Out of interest, the ever reliable TucsonCitizen (vomit) also said that it was Jemas, but.. he was a man...

edit on 25-9-2010 by CHRLZ because: url broken..?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

Your link's busted.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by CHRLZ

CHRLZ.....

Your link's busted.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

Is not either. Nyer nyer.

Yeah, I noticed straight away and fixed it - something in that link meant I had to not use it as a plain url. ATS has some oddities in their systems, and the new stuff hasn't fixed many of them...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

Originally posted by Emptiness Dancing
photo was taken through the restaurant window

object is reflection of a light fixture inside the restaurant
you can see other reflective artifacts appearing to be on the roof of the building in the forground

hoax

obvious!

Sweet! You solved the case in a split second,

Here are a couple of web sites with images from the Tuaran Beach Resort Restaurant. Can you please identify what light fixture you're referring to?

www.agoda.com...

www.holidaycity.com...

I see that the only thing the debunkers have in common in this thread, is the 100% certainty that they're right.

backatcha. But do you seriously claim that those few very small images can be used to eliminate the possibility?

If you go back n the thread, you'll realize that I've made no claims whatsoever. My stand in this case is that it should be investigated thoroughly. The basis for this thread is not only the image purportedly showing a round disc, but also the article, which clearly states that there are multiple witnesses to the incident.

If this is the case, and based on the article it is, then simply analyzing the image (and proclaiming it fake) is a half-assed job. Claiming that it is CGI without showing us - through image analysis - why it is so is a half-assed job, claiming that it is a reflex from a light fixture without showing us the light fixture and how the picture was taken is a half-assed job, and finally ignoring that apparently there are people that claim to have seen this object in the sky is a half-assed job.

And you are aware that the photo was NOT claimed to be taken from the restaurant, but the "resort’s family living room" according to the report...

I never said that the picture was taken from the restaurant, Emptiness Dancing claimed it was taken from the restaurant. I simply offered him two web sites with pictures from the restaurant so that he could show us all what he was talking about. He should have done that himself if he was serious about what he was saying.

And finally why does every quote about the incident come from the same source (apparently posted to several sites at the same time) by the elusive "Elton Gomes"? There is the suggestion he is a reporter for the Borneo Post, but I cannot verify that, nor find any other articles he has posted. The further I dig, the more suspicious this looks...

Now we're talking. You've decided to check on the article and its veracity. That's the way to go to learn more about this incident...

I'm sorely tempted to fire off an email to the resort and see if James Dungil still works there, and what he has to say. Especially about why the image has been post-processed (the haloing effect).

I totally agree with you on this. Dig deeper!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Most of your comments above are eminently sensible, but you also said...

That's a broad brush you're taking there, and I don't think it is particularly helpful to make such generalisations. As for me, it's a matter of getting beyond reasonable doubt, and not wasting my time with stuff that is unsupported at even the most basic level.

Here, we don't even have an original image, we have conflicting reports about whose photo that is, we don't have any more of these 'multiple' witnesses, and the reports we do have are contradictory.

I get 100% annoyed with that sort of junk. Maybe there's something worthwhile in this, but the way it has been cobbled together, you would never know.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

You know, I don't have any problem with people having different opinions than me. On the contrary, it would be less fun to come here if everybody had the same ideas as me and always agreed with me,

I do have a problem with people making statements that they don't bother backing up with reasoning, facts or anything at all, while still being a 100% persuasive that they're right. That's when I tend to become sarcastic.

Anyone can just blurt out that that thing is a Pleiadian Mothership, or just a light fixture, that's the easy part.

Going through the different elements this case consists of and verifying them is the hard part. The outcome of it is less important.

If it's fake it's fake. If it's real then wow!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If its real then wow. If its fake then lets talk about it like its real. Lets comment on the 'object's' velocity and cloaking ability and have the hoaxer laugh at us.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join