It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf of Mexico Loop Current Broken !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

www.sott.net

RED ALERT !!!!
Risk of Global Climate Change By BP Oil Spill !!
Factual satellite images in the past several weeks are showing that the Gulf Loop Current is broken and may cease to function entirely ! This will result in massive climate change and possibly an ice age for Europe! Major trouble brewing ?? More freakish weather on its way ??
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
socioecohistory.files.wordpress.com
socioecohistory.files.wordpress.com

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Apart from the oil spill anybody know about what is happening at the gulf of Mexico ?
I just found this chilling news which I see worse than the oil spill and threathens the life on this earth. Most part of the world will start the ice age.
I just hope the nature will be able to heal itself even take long time to complete.
We all should be watching this conditions closely.

www.sott.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The loop current eddy is natural and happens all the time.

The Loop Current commonly bulges out in the northern Gulf of Mexico and sometimes will shed a clockwise rotating ring of warm water that separates from the main current (Figure 1). This ring of warm water slowly drifts west-southwestward towards Texas or Mexico at about 3-5 km per day. This feature is called a "Loop Current Ring", "Loop Current Eddy", or "Warm Core Ring", and can provide a key source of energy to fuel rapid intensification of hurricanes that cross the Gulf, in addition to the Loop Current itself. The Loop Current pulsates in a quasi-regular fashion and sheds rings every 6 to 11 months. Source

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hello Bonnie, She is knocking on my front door right now. If you live in Louisiana, you all need to evacuate. This storm will only get stronger and dump toxic water on YOU!!

Georgia or really way out west may be a good place to go.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Already discussed and debunked here as well: For the first time a direct evidence of the rapid breaking of The Gulf Stream!

Yep Phage leapt to the scene with pictures of the yearly disruption in the current. As odd and abrasive as he is, you have to give Phage props! He even finds humor once in a while.

Anyhow, the current breaks every year. Good News for the Caribbean, a few more months to eat our own oil before we start sharing it!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Hello Bonnie, She is knocking on my front door right now. If you live in Louisiana, you all need to evacuate. This storm will only get stronger and dump toxic water on YOU!!

Georgia or really way out west may be a good place to go.

how'd that doom prediction work out for ya?

this being the second line and all.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hoax!!!! Tired of seeing all these threads about this which are shot down repeatedly. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

its not a hoax, exactly. just poorly-interpreted data that wasnt fact-checked.

hoax is intentional.

this is just sloppy reporting.

new topics

top topics

join