It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live - Show #16 - Now available on the REWIND player

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Join us on Saturday 24th July 7-10EST/4-7PST/Midnight-3am (Sunday 25th) UK /9am-12noon (Sunday 25th) Canberra

ATS..Live! Click here to listen to the show on the REWIND player

As promised on last weeks show, this week is a;

9/11 Special - Whats YOUR story?

9/11 is an event that changed a generation, and changed the whole world.

This week on LIVE! we'll be covering all aspects of 9/11 from a personal viewpoint and we'd like to share your experiences and thoughts of the day itself and the events as they unravelled, in the order that they actually happened.

This will NOT be a run of the mill 9/11 debate - that will come later in the year.

So please, join us for what will - hopefully - be a unique event this Saturday (or Sunday depending on your time zone)

[edit on 24/7/10 by neformore]

[edit on 24/7/10 by neformore]

[edit on 25/7/10 by neformore]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I can't believe we're already on show 16...this week's topic seems to be great!

I can't wait to hear all those viewpoints

Bring on Saturday!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ok 911, well that is going to be an emotional roller-coaster.

I hope we can discuss 911 without it turning into an argument.

I have a question that is always un-answered and in light of the present financial circumstance which TPTB were aware of back in 2000.

What happened to the Gold under the WTC complex ????

Bearing in mind that a lot of unregistered Gold was stored there, possibly as much as several thousand tons and the FACT that the Gold in Fort Knox was stolen and replaced with Gold plated Tungsten by the Rockefellers back in the early 70's.

It would be interesting if anyone has any knowledge of Gold shipments at various deposit sites in the days leading up to and including 911.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Should be an interesting and enlightening show!!

Roll on Saturday!

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Good Luck guys

Travel takes me away this weekend - but I wait to hear the rewind player.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm 50/50 with this show if people come and and start spouting the 9/11 no plane or spaceships bull. i'm turning it off. I wonder how long we can keep this a serious discussion.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

You may find yourself to be pleasantly surprised. Or angered for other reasons. Guess you will have to stay tuned to know for sure.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

hopefully i will be surprised. I'll listen in as i cant stay away from ats live no matter how tired i get.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What we all refer to as "9/11" has transcended the norm as far as world-wide events go.

But for me, and perhaps others, the first thing we must approach, in deference to the 'real' 9/11 is recognize that it was a human catastrophe.

How each of us feel, is the foundation of what most of us think.

It seems fitting to me that inaugurating our discussion of the event should be a focus on the human aspect of it.

There will be inevitable digressions, as we are all human (well, that is the assumption
) but in truth, just as few other events in history, this left an emotional mark on many of us. Our children, and theirs, may not appreciate the depth or breadth of the scars left in the collective minds of many of us. Surely, those separated by long distances, and little or no real stake in the locality of the events, will be able to enjoy a detachment that many others cannot. I do not begrudge them their attitude, but I expect similar latitude to be granted to those of us who were personally affected.

This show will be an exercise in communication (in my opinion) far more than one of fact-finding and theoretical supposition.

With any good fortune at all, we may all come out of the experiment feeling a little better.

Needless to say, I hope we can ascend beyond the need to engage in empty histrionics, and sensationalistic echoes of the grueling months of the MSM "pounding" on the event. There was much in the way of skewed reporting, and little concern for the dignity of those who truly endured the event personally, and what they felt and had to say.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

We try to have that effect on people. Even my boring a....uh, self.

An unrelated topic, but a good story nonetheless is when I moved to our house in Florida. While exploring the attic spaces and replacing burned out lightbulbs, I found a nearly 20 year old newspaper from July 20, 1969 and the headline read "If Columbus Could See Us Now"

Quite the different emotional and thought provoking observation for such an event, wouldn't you agree? That on a day of historical achievement for mankind that was once thought beyond the grasp of all but fantasy, that someone paused to ponder what would history's greatest celebrated explorer, as far as the US is concerned, would have thought about how his trip would have compared to his own.

I could go on from here, but got to save something for the show.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
I'm 50/50 with this show if people come and and start spouting the 9/11 no plane or spaceships bull. i'm turning it off. I wonder how long we can keep this a serious discussion.

This show won't be like that at all.

Trust me

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have edited the opening post to hopefully explain the intention of the show better.

I reiterate the point - this will not be a debate on the technicalities of the day. This is about personal experiences.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

An unrelated topic, but a good story nonetheless is when I moved to our house in Florida. While exploring the attic spaces and replacing burned out lightbulbs, I found a nearly 20 year old newspaper from July 20, 1969 and the headline read "If Columbus Could See Us Now"

Quite the different emotional and thought provoking observation for such an event, wouldn't you agree? That on a day of historical achievement for mankind that was once thought beyond the grasp of all but fantasy, that someone paused to ponder what would history's greatest celebrated explorer, as far as the US is concerned, would have thought about how his trip would have compared to his own.

I feel the need to raise a brief point, if you may afford me the opportunity.

IMHO, I think this is part of the wider problem. The constant focus is on how American’s feel about 911 and how it affected ‘them’, rather than ask how those most affected by it, the Muslim World, feel about it – and ‘learn ‘ from this experience!

It just appears to me to be highly selective and highly sanitised, even by ATS’s standards – Columbus, for example, caused a genocide of the Arawaks in North America, but the focus is on how wonderful the dream of how he ‘discovered’ the ‘New World’ is. 911 was the (direct) result of an aggressive foreign policy and cumulative expansionism so obviously American’s need to discuss how this affects ‘them’ personally 9 years later. I agree with Maxmars’ take on the potential of this discussion, but feel that others don’t yet ‘get it!

Is it possible that such personal reflections can also incorporate an element of balance?

I’ll not go on about this, however please consider that there is a wider World out there on tonight’s show, and that there are over a hundred thousand stories that will never be told as a result of 911.

A cold hard look in the mirror asking, ‘how did I contribute towards this mess’ would be a good start for all of us!

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

The show will always strive to present a varied point of view

I'm not sure how you can draw the conclusion that the discussion will be "sanitised" before the show has been aired. You may be suprised.

Also - if you want to hear a different perspective on the world, don't forget the ATSEuro show that runs every Wednesday between 21.30-23.00 UK time - you can hear the first Euro Show on the REWIND! Player here

Hope you will listen in and - who knows - maybe give us a call?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
T - MINUS - 2 hrs 9 mins to LIVE!!

Please join us, and don't forget to join in the sister chatroom, and by all means if you have something you would like to share, give us a call

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Less than an hour to showtime

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

And other than not overthrowing elected leaders that had established trade imbalances that were unfavorable to Islamic nations, I am not exactly sure of my accountability. I didn't think we needed to enter Iraq as part of the War on Terror and said so. Entering to enforce UN provisions...maybe, but not as part of the War on Terror.

For the majority of common American perceptions, 9/11 was the first attack on America directly since Pearl Harbor 60 years beforehand. Americans had forgotten Beirut, the USS Cole, the previous WTC bombing, Oklahoma City and other acts such as sniper/mass killings. A good review of ATS would turn up few that remember that the Washington Monument was held hostage by a man with a supposed bomb in 1982.

Memory is often subjective and is usually a casualty of time. But as far as the show goes, it is the intention to be different. We can only hope that the membership finds it to be a good show.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Awful touchy subject tonight..(911)

I hope everyone minds there manners..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yay I don't have to work so I get to listen. I want to call in too
Hopefully this time technology won't crap out on me and I can talk lol

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I just want to say, that was one heck of a show that I loved.
The topics were handled perfectly..and the last one hour...it was hilarious.

I vote Huggie Bear for every show.

I shall be posting more on the matter of the cheese

*shifts eyes*

We have a competition for once!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join