It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rethinking things...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
truth.

a valuable tool in the hands of any who know it.

i am here, once again, to gather information from people here and see what others think.

this is to help me.

those who observe this thread are welcome to express anything that he or she thinks may help me.

if anything needs clarification, ask for it.

if this thread needs to be moved, move it or tell me where to move it; i don't know where to otherwise.

so...

i haven't been on here in a while...

and i've been wondering about some things and, as the title suggests, rethinking things...

*sigh*

guys...

what if i'm wrong?

what if everything i've ever been taught has been wrong?

what if i am not limited by God but instead, by my beliefs that people have forced on me and brought me up with and suggested?

what if God isn't who everybody thinks?

what if the future isn't set, but can be changed?

what if everything that i have heard is a lie or a twisted version of the truth?

i am in the process of denying lies that have seeped into my life through the manipulative whispers of others...

i will figure out what is right in this life...

what is true...

what is false...

and what simply is...

so yeah, those are just some of the many thoughts running through my mind at the moment.

those truths that have already been revealed to me have been valuable.

the insights revealed in the next few posts are just as valuable, i hope.

thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the only truth....can come from within. visualize a perfect circle. see it in all its perfection? ok dont bother translating it into something tangible, because it will lose value. stop believing what people shovel in front of you, because these are their projection of whats "perfect"

ok this is a start, begin from here. use your intuition, listen to your heart (roxette!), and stay true to yourself. remaining true to yourself is straddling that fine line of doubt and denial. you can doubt things in life, but dont let it push you into the other side of denial. things just begin to feel ugly after that point. and well, you might as well be sharing someone else's beliefs.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
what if?

well, i'll tell you what if.

a whole new wide open field of opportunity will open up to you and your potential.

and you will find, in the end, that whatever it was that you have always thought was true, but turned out to not be true at all, will pale in comparison to the new and authentic truth you will find in that infinite field of opportunity.

it's a good thing if you don't let it shake you.
you are not defined by your beliefs or your perceptions or even self-deceptions.

you are defined only by that which you WILL be.
your potential is what you are.

and that's something so awesome i can't even put it into words!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you can break away from your self involved circle of life for a few minutes to realise a couple of facts...

1) It isnt really about you. If you start to think it is, you are becoming schizophrenic. That is not a good thing.

2) All religion is childish superstition, remember this in your daily life and dont get sucked back into the realm of nonsense and idiotic religious beleifs.

3) If you constantly look for parallels between the bible and your own life you are what is known as a 'religious maniac' and you are, despite what anyone may tell you, seriouslly mentally ill.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have been to the point you are at now.

What is God, is there a God?

Take a look at this and see if our definition of God cannot be explained in a way as believable as the bible.

An alternative history to the bible?

Is our system of understanding programed by a constant bombardment of propaganda and lies to envelope us into a society of controls and parameters?

The answer is yes!

All it takes is one conspiracy theory to be true to open ourselves upon a new world of Truths. Question everything and believe nothing unless you know it to be true.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Every word that Christ said is Truth. All of the Natural Laws are truth.
You have to be careful because in these days of the present, truths are called lies and lies are called truth. (moral relativity)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The fact that you are asking yourself these questions means you are half way there....truth will find you when you seek or even when you do not seek it, but since you asking and opening your mind to the possibilities, they will began to start unfold in front of you.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
very well thought out internal thinking!

a powerful truth:

"nothing is true, everything is permitted."

[edit on 22-7-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

Group 1 says, if you think this way or that way you go to hell.
If you don’t believe in this deity and accept him fully, you will go to hell.
If you eat these foods or drink these drinks you will go to hell.
If you do not give to the church, well god will be disappointed and your church points will suffer in accordance.
Our book is right and the others are wrong, believe only ours or you will go to hell.
Although we now accept parts of the old book some of the bad is now ok and some things you used to do are now a no go.
Now as you might haved guessed it if I were to list religions 2 – infinity they would all say dern near the same thing, not to mention that is a lot of text and the mods would send me to ,,,,well.

My personal belief is religion started as a valuable tool to get the disorganized masses of people to all row the boat in the same direction, to build strong communities and countries. It also allows me to tell my people God says take their lands and their goods, kill them all as they do not please God, or wait… we can enslave them as a repentance before God, maybe through slavery we can save them.

Bottom line, do the right thing, help if you can just because you can.
Never do harm, unless it will stop another harm and be just in your Judgment of others as well as yourself.
Never permit an injustice if it is within your power, as it will weaken you if you do not.
Protect the weak and punish the guilty….oops that’s “The Punisher” nvr mind that one.
Be a person not well known, but well worth knowing.
Do not be a God as I don’t quite know if I could agree with that angle but I can live up to standards I think a God would.
Don’t be good, be great.
Hope that helps you out, just one last thing though.
It was said the truth shall set you free, I believe someone was onto something there.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The two things that I keep in mind are

(1) It has only been the winners who have been allowed to write the details of each conflict, and that means that it's been the most aggressive and ruthless of human beings - from the very beginning - who have written our history, and taught us all who we are and where we come from.

(2) Empirical evidence is only as good as your interpretation of that evidence, and the human mind is capable of cognitive dissonance if that evidence is too incompatible with the data platform that already exists within the mind.

So, good luck with finding that truth you're looking for.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Faith or Science. Which faith is right? Religion isn't about science. Faith defies science. Is God real? Is he what I think he is? What about Jesus? Who knows. The believers speak from the vantage point of faith. The atheists say science says its all bunk. After educating myself on what the Bible is, I don' take it in a literal sense.

God. The simple fact is, and nobody else is going to tell you this, nobody knows if God is real, and in what sense. Nobody. Start with that. Nobody knows more about God than you. We all know the same thing. Believe what you wish, you are just as right as everyone else. I believe that there is a "God", a creationary force in the universe. But I went from Catholic to agnostic a long time ago.

Religion. Every religion has its faults. Science can pick holes in all of them. Some are more nutty than others. Scientology, The Book of Mormon. Jesus. Well he was most likely a real person, there are many records of him. Was he the son of God? I don't know. Neither does anyone else. All anyone here can do is offer their opinions, which are no more right than yours.

Treat everyone how you want to be treated. Believe what you want. Nobody knows what the right answer on this stuff is.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
*head nod*

i like these replies; very insightful.

no one wants to force their opinion on me, but rather to think for myself, which i am in the process of doing.

i see people that know what is what in their mind, and will not be convinced otherwise by those who "know" that they are right.

people should be willing to admit when they are wrong, educate when they are right, and stand down when the fight is useless and gets no one anywhere.

thanks, and continue to post.

top topics

join