It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored Gulf news: People bleeding internally, millions poisoned says 'EPA whistleblower'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

What a great President we have elected! He notifies the world elite BUT DOESN'T WARN HIS OWN PEOPLE!

I am holding back my words. I am so angry.

Thank you Democracy Now!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I smell B.S...where are the source's? Where is the evidence? Why tell other countries?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by space cadet

Yours are the kind of reports I want to hear, thank God your family has not been injured in this catastrophe.

I'd like to second that, assuming that I'm not too late for seconds with my post...

It seems you're a key link for info here & I hope your family there stays in good health & spirits. Other than that being the biggest concern would be if you could keep in frequent contact with them, also letting them know what's being seen from this side of the disaster...Even if the info's false, at least your family there can see different viewpoints.

Considering how little trust can be put into the government & the corporation responsible for violating the safety regs while prepping the wellsite, perhaps seeing a different viewpoint from you might make a difference between life & death. On ATS here, I think I speak for many when I say that there's no good reason for anyone to sacrifice themselves for the truth to get out...A danger like this does not cause a quick debilitation & they can leave in time if they don't start too late.

As long as they are there though, it seems you're our primary link to finding out what they are experiencing first hand, as long as your family there can remain without taking undue risk. If the MSM is indeed part of a coverup, then even the info that the OP got may be seriously "underestimated." The Kremlin isn't the only nation with the long-standing practice & experience of lying to the people.

Wendell Phillips
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty; power is ever stealing from the many to the few.

It's only been about a decade or two that the public has started (oh, so slowly & gradually at first) to awaken from a long sleep & our vigilance had waned long enough for us to lose so much...But we still have time to make up for that if we can devote an extreme focus with vigilance now. In this case & as in all others, we must make up with intensity to counteract our lack of diligence thus far.

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Thank you Democracy Now!

I really wouldn't put too much faith in Democracy...American government is, by their Oath of Office, forbidden from Democracy.
Article 4, Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

The Founding Fathers did this deliberately...They made certain that the Supreme Law of the Land was for a Republican (representative) form of government. And yet, they violated this with the 17th Amendment. Before then, the Senate was voted into office by the individual State Legislatures. Now, however, our States are being taxed & have no representation in the federal government! that's gratitude for 'ya...It was the authority of We the People delegated to our State governments that actually created the federal government.
So really now...How much of the Public Trust has already been betrayed, even before anyone alive today was even born? This is the price we've payed for lack of vigilance...

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
So when can we start Hanging the BP Morons?
I have some Hemp Rope.

Personally, I'd save the hemp rope for the FDA...BP execs & the rest of the government deserve nothing better than regular rope. Even so, for the sake of our national origins & the Supreme Law of the Land, I'd still prefer the full Due Process of Law be applied first & foremost...The laws that our government violate will be the very irony that causes their fall. Poetic Justice, no?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Why should the people think the government is innocent until proven guilty?

The government thinks the people are guilty until proven innocent. I remember the days when this wasn't the case.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

We need to dip Congress in Corexit, and make them live down there as well. In fact, lets send a lot of the MSM, Congress, Executive, and all those who are treasonous into the waters down there. They wanted it, they want to push globalist/psychopath agenda, so be it; reap what you sowed you worthless sub-human idiots.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

Obama did not approve off shore drilling, had absolutely nothing to do with this Rig. The application and approval came under George Bush.

Facts are facts.
President Obama's decision, announced Wednesday, to approve new oil and gas drilling off U.S. coasts for the first time in decades reflects a high-stakes calculation by the White House: Splitting the difference on the most contentious energy issues could help secure a bipartisan climate deal this year.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Facts are facts.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't get you people in America.........You have yourself a tea party centuries past and kicked out our British rule and yet you see these Fat Cats of the FR sell their BP shares before the disaster and buy up clean up firms, again all before the spill.......You have that wacked out Guidestone built by above wackoes claiming that they need to kill most of you
and it's still standing! They now seem to have the ball rolling. I think Hitler had more scrupples than these guys. Yet you still haven't sent them on a long leaky boat ride (in the oil sodden gulf). Better still retry the concrete fix for the spill but shoe size blocks dilivered in person by the above.

I can't say anything to change the situation but my thoughts and prayers are with all of those effected by this travesty...Animals and Humans alike.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I am just jumping on and catching up on my reading of the forum this morning, but YES as I have stated earlier in this thread they are using the very same toxic mix used in the Exxon Valdez clean up, they are telling their Gp as if it is the latest technological remedy possible. Yes they will hide the oil and create dead zones alnong their shores where life was abundant and peoples lives centered around the marine enviroment.

they unlike us are not able to use the internet to shout out against the GOV and the big chemical corporations resonsible for this global killing.

As we continue to dig deeper and try and find sound reasoning behind WHy oh why they continue to use dispersants such as the deadly toxin Corexit, if you follow the money, the research begins to take on a life of it's own.

Thinking logically in one of the most illogical situations the marine environment as well as human health and safety have ever faced and hopefully with a global outcry, the last time big business is allowed to take the helm of such a potentially catastrophic event as both the BP and China oil spills have become.

The only thing they are doing is sending millions of tons of dispersants such as corexit to the bottom of the ocean to disguise the oil and save billions on tourism and empty oil littered marshes and beaches.

The chemicals being used themselves are not the only options, but perhaps part of the real problem.

Nalco Targets Growth in China With Opening of New Manufacturing Plant and Research Center
In order to better serve and support the expanding Chinese marketplace, Nalco recently opened two new facilities. The expansion includes a recently completed $25-million manufacturing plant in Nanjing and the dedication of a new research and development center at its existing site in Suzhou, near Shanghai.

"China is a very important market for Nalco," said Erik Fyrwald, Nalco Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "These new facilities allow us to provide better services and newer technologies to our customers faster and better than any of our competitors."

The new 240,000 sq. foot (22,300 square meter) plant in the Nanjing Chemical Industry Park has an annual production capacity of 37,000 metric tons. The existing facility has space to expand to 75,000 metric tons per year and the 15-acre (60,000 square meter) site is designed to allow double that capacity for a potential total production of 150,000 metric tons per year.

The new research center in Suzhou will provide technical support throughout Northern Asia and allow Nalco to more quickly deploy new technologies in the region. The 16 scientists and engineers currently working in the center are focused on paper process chemicals and industrial water treatment.

www.nalco.com...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
China...From the pictures I have seen of their efforts to clean up the oil spill, they learned NOTHING from ours and the dangers of health issues to the workers.

No masks, no gloves and no chance for the fishermen who went out with bags and mats, even chop sticks to try and get the oil from the oceans.

Sad, and then came COREXIT! Well, the reports went back to the good people of the coastal areas and they could resume fishing and life as usual, what a great and technologically advanced society they live in!

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just an interesting piece to throw in here about the billions allocated towards the lawsuits headed their way... The billions will be going to Attorneys and paying off Judges and courts, not the people suffering from the effects of the disaster.

"I have been working as shrimper for several years. Because of the BP Oil Spill, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration closed the areas of the Gulf of Mexico where I usually shrimp. Several members of my crew made Oil Pollution Act wage loss claims against BP. BP denied their claims and most still haven't received a check. Instead of handling my Oil Pollution Act claim on my own, I hired attorney Charles E. Lavis Jr to pursue the claim. Mr. Lavis and his staff assisted me in gathering together documents for proving my claim and presented the claim to BP for payment. My first check arrived less than thirty days from the date I hired Mr. Lavis. I was not required to sign any BP settlement documents. I would recommend Mr. Lavis to anyone who is having trouble with his BP Oil Spill claim."

By Charles E. Lavis on May 30, 2010 8:13 AM | Permalink
Although BP has refused to switch the type of dispersant that is being used to mitigate the amount of oil leaking through the coast, they have agreed to reduce the amount of dispersant being used. The Environmental Protection Agency (E.P.A.) reports that they expect a 50 - 80% reduction, mostly the result of limiting the amount of dispersant used on the water's surface. Subsurface use of the dispersant has been found to be more effective, while requiring lower levels of the dispersant.

BP maintains that the dispersant currently being used, Corexit, is the safest, most readily available product, and therefore, they are unable to switch to any of the E.P.A.'s alternatives. The E.P.A. disputes this finding and has stated that they will conduct their own testing in Florida to determine the validity of BP's claims regarding the chemicals toxicity and biodegradation.

Nalco has jus recently disclosed the complete chemical constituents of Corexit to EPA to assist in the government's evaluation and testing of the otherwise proprietary formula.

www.bpoilspilllawblog.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Actually Nalco released the corexit formula to the EPA, NOAA, FDA and the State of Louisiana..........back at the end of May.....Labs outside of BP's control have been left in the dark ..........

As testified by Lisa Jackson on July 15th, the EPA and NOAA have done little and no real testing and have only gone by what Nalco has told them......You would think they would test the seafood knowing what compounds to test for .......but there plan for sniffers works a lot better lol

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

China really never has had any concern for their own people,.
many to use
easily replaceable

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From Truthout:

Toxic Dispersants Near Gulf Harm Humans and Wildlife

My eyes are burning as I type this. We've just returned from spending the day down in Barataria, located about an hour's drive south of New Orleans. The community of fishermen is swimming in oil. Within minutes of arriving, our eyes begin to burn and we begin to feel dizzy from airborne chemicals from the oil and dispersant

We went to Barataria to meet with Tracy Kuhns, the executive director of Louisiana Bayoukeeper, a group whose goal is "To engage and empower coastal communities for the purpose of promoting sustainable management of Coastal Louisiana's Bayou Country and its natural resources for the benefit of all citizens." Tracy, who is also a member of the Louisiana Shrimp Association, is talking rapidly before I can get my recorder started.
Tracy is concerned about the dispersant BP has been using on the oil.
The dispersants Tracy references are Corexit 9500 and Corexit 9527, both of which BP has used and continues to use (more than 1,400,000 gallons to date and counting) to disperse crude oil on the surface of the Gulf of Mexico and near the wellhead 5,000 feet below the surface where the volcano of oil gushes toxicity into the Gulf. The pathways of exposure are inhalation, ingestion, skin and eye contact. Health impacts include headaches; nausea; vomiting; diarrhea; abdominal pains; dizziness; chest pains and tightness; irritation of eyes, nose, throat and lungs; difficulty breathing; respiratory system damage; skin irrigation and sensitization; hypertension; central nervous system depression; neurotoxic effects; genetic damage and mutations; cardiac arrhythmia and cardiovascular damage; among several others.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) latest analysis of dispersant toxicity released in the document "Comparative Toxicity of Eight Oil Dispersant Products on Two Gulf of Mexico Aquatic Test Species," Corexit 9500, at a concentration of 42 parts per million, killed 50 percent of mysid shrimp tested.
Tracy tells us of the 44 reports for exemption BP has been issued to use dispersant. She and her husband Mike, who are both fisherpersons, are tortured by what they are witnessing where they live, fish, work and play.
"Just days ago Barataria Bay was full of oil," Tracy informs us, while sweeping an arm out toward the south, where the large Bay sits, toxified, "Then they hit it with dispersants and the oil goes to the bottom. But then during the day, it heats up and the oil bubbles up to the surface."
Tracy, like many other shrimpers with whom I will soon speak, refers to this effect as that similar to a "Lava lamp."
"The oil, after they hit it with dispersants, moves around beneath the surface and they can't track it," she continues, "they are using dispersants so they can minimize their liability."

www.truth-out.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It still amazes me how if this is fact ,. why it is not getting out to the world,.. I find it very hard to believe that NO one can get this info to somebody influential
As of so far this is the only site that seems to really reporting it..
The articles come here and die

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Clouds In Sky

You know I only follow my heart in these matters, my passion for life and for each other and the world we share.

I suspect that the real reason behind using the corexit was a political one, a backroom deal of promises to stockholders and CEOs.

They chose to use this dangerous mix over others much less toxic because it was in abundance, readily available as the msm reports, and as I intuit because it actually hides the evidence leaving the responsible parties free from litigation other than than that of the clean up.

My main concerns other than the death and destruction of our precious oceans and the life therein, is that the chemicals are not going to go away as they suggest in the reports by biodegradation, but rather change with the other natural elements being released from the oceans fissures and cracks.

That is not something they considered in the lab.

It has become a lethal cocktail of apocalyptic possibility.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

see above post
Why???

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by primus81

I smell BP. What are their reasons besides OIL, and who backs them? Even the scientists have gone into hiding and are protected by the PTB.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It may seem that way, but really there are tons of articles and discussions going on, this is just a great one stop spot for information you would have to spend hours, days and weeks finding online.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

But that the problem I am I am speaking of,.
if this is more than blog worthy than it should be spread to the MSM or a news outlet that can actually get the word out.
right now it is just rumors

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
OMG!!!

St. Petersburg, Fla. - Through a chemical fingerprinting process, University of South Florida researchers have definitively linked clouds of underwater oil in the northern Gulf of Mexico to BP's runaway Deepwater Horizon well — the first direct scientific link between the subsurface oil clouds commonly known as "plumes" and the BP oil spill, USF officials said Friday.

Although dispersed oil degrades more quickly over the long-run, in the short-term, it poses a more toxic threat to marine life, Pierce said.
"So, we've been very concerned, and it is critical USF has verified it," he said.
The full report was not released Friday, but will be available sometime next week, USF spokeswoman Vickie Chachere said.
BP declined to comment on the USF discovery. "We have only seen media reports, and have not yet seen the report and underlying data," BP spokesman Phil Cochrane said in an e-mail.
USF scientists found microscopic droplets of biodegraded oil at varying depths beneath the Gulf's surface, the university said in a statement.
One layer was 100 feet thick; it was found 45 nautical miles north-northeast of the well site, officials said.The researchers found the plumes after models created by a USF expert in ocean currents, Robert Weisberg, predicted subsurface oil from the Deepwater Horizon well would move toward the north-northeast, USF said.

www.truth-out.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join