It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored Gulf news: People bleeding internally, millions poisoned says 'EPA whistleblower'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

Just because I am curious and despise sensationalism, is this correct as in backed up by mainstream news channels that a report is circulating the Kremlin warning that tens of millions may die in the next year and those involved in the cleanup operation are suffering internal bleeding?

I appreciate there are games being played by all the players involved in this disaster, but wonder where this information is really coming from.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by awareme

I am no expert by any means, am just bringing the links and any follow up information I can regarding some links I was sent last night via e-mail from a lady I follow closely.

As for moving I would say check with your local health officials and see what they tell you, not that they would be able to disclose anything different than they have been spoonfed.

At this point I think the main focus will be on what happens with the coming storm and the amount of debris it sends into the atmosphere and the land.

The thing that caught my attention is the corexit and other chemicals used as dispersants to clean up the spill, they just may be the biggest part of this conspiracy connected to that issue but there is not enough sound data to back any preemptive emergency call by the Feds.

Rest assured there are great threads here and people with much more knowledge than I to help you in your decision making efforts.

One thing for sure, panic and paranoia will cloud your best judgement and gut instincts, so stay centered and grounded and remain alert to the first signs of any movement by agencies such as the National guardsmen in your area.

Remember they are people too and they too have families and lives to live after this all settles down or erupts.

You are not alone, so take a deep breath and pray that this finds more transparency soon so that we will all know what we need to do.

Please let us know if any changes take place from where you are and keep up on things from the BP forums, that will help you to make sound choices from the cyber end of things.

U2U me if you feel like you need someone to talk to or for my support which you already have.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Thanks LL, your question is valid and I too despise sensationalism, but someone had to bring this thread forward. There are two parts to the Op and I guess it may have been better served as two, but what is done is done and I am just as in the dark when it comes to the truths we have yet to discover about the BP spill and subsequent coverups.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I appreciate your reply. No doubt, there are lies being spun in all directions and I believe we should filter out the good from the bad when it comes to media reports on the disaster. The BBC has obtained a contract BP wanted scientists to sign. Essentially, it prevents the scientists from freely talking about the data for at least three years or until the Obama administration says the cleanup mission has been accomplished.

BBC article

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
I'll add to: Kremlin Today = Sorcha Faal = rubbish.

The REST of it however is gold, black gold even.

Gastrointestinal Nausea 36 9
Gastrointestinal Vomiting 26 0
Gastrointestinal Diarrhea 11 1

So people's insides are going crazy, more than headaches even

And then of course, how much do you actually believe the things that they are saying???

This is slow death ... no momentus occasion, just disease ....

I live down here. And before the spill cutting your grass in 120 heat index will give you headaches,nausea and vomitting. I can't imagine manual labor all day in a cleanup suit. Then you bring in a bunch of out of state people and feed em cajun food? You have any idea how many tourists get the squits down here?

We've been fishing, catch and release, just in case. We've hit Perdido Beach several times and Grand Isle a couple. Myself, my wife, my 3 kids and my 3 dogs are all fine. Everyone I know is fine.

As far as what Obama supposedly said. I don't buy that crap for a minute.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I do not know where Peridito beach is but I also would not take my children down to the beach after what has been PROVEN by outside sources on the unseen, unsmelled chemicals including and least of all oil.

You do what you must but take caution with your children they deserve the benifit of the doubt.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Something interesting today in the weather channel that caught my attention. . .

The weather channel has been following the tropical storm heading for the gulf, but during the forecast I noticed that one of the concerns about the oil spill was not just the oil itself moving into the coast, but the oil that has been mixed with the dispersant as nobody knows what results this will bring so close to the coast and into our beaches.

Just to let everybody know that this was in the weather channel today.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Thanks for the update!! My husband & I vacation in the Gulf Shores area last year and have decided to come back later this summer. We will be staying off Perdido Bay, so it's reassuring to read your experiences. We are coming down for two reasons, a. We love the area & people, we want to help out with our tourism $$, b. To find out for ourselves what things are like right now, first hand knowledge is the best.

~NOTE to fearmongers: Please don't tell me not to go. I've read too many articles here on ATS about toxic rain/winds/tsunamis/etc covering the southeast USA I figure I'm screwed anyway.

Good luck to you and your family/friends DrJay1975, I know you're not supposed to get the brunt of the storm, but I little good thought your way could never hurt!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yes well, if that has not been an issue up to now I doubt it will be in the future. Since the leak was stopped most of the really nasty stuff has already oxidized off. Sinking the oil is the best bet, as the sea floor is basically lifeless at that depth anyhow. Lets just hope the corexit can keep it down.

Many hold certain fixed ideas, bordering on hysterical fiction, about petroleum? While others enjoy bathing in it their entire lives. Millions are not at stake and the Gulf recovery will be a short lived affair. The biggest impact was seen in the way the Gulf was heated early this year. Generally we don’t see temps like that until August. Lives have been lost due to irregular weather patterns, but linking the two is impossible.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/101cd3060599.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

A sobering report circulating in the Kremlin today from President Medvedev’s meeting with other World leaders at the G8 summit in Muskoka, Ontario states that President Obama has warned his counterparts that the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster “will most likely kill millions, perhaps tens of millions” of people during the coming year.

Hasn't this statement been attributed to:

SORCHA FAAL

ATS HOAX FORUM:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are there legitimate elements of the OP intermixed with FAUX news?

It seems to me that the OP needs to be either restated without reference to the unsubstantiated SORCHA FAAL claims or the OP in its entirety becomes tainted.

It seems to me the "examiner" article is bonafide.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its not really the Oil we should worry about.

It's the COREXIT!

It does not degrade over time and as it reacts with the oil you need less of it to be just as toxic.

What You Need to Know About the Possible Health Risks of the Gulf Oil Spill

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I would like to know what the h""l they are spraying down there.

Corexit is known to be a deadly toxin. There are much better alternatives to Corexit. They were advised not to spray it. They ignored the advice.
They have been spraying it in insane quantities.

Perhaps this is intentional. The (deliberate) oil spill creates the opportunity to spray inhumane amounts of Corexit - unmonitored because of the security and information blackout. Thus they deliberately kill hundreds of thousands.

Perhaps there is something else in the toxic mix. Something known to be even more deadly and which would definitely wipe out huge swathes of the population.

This is mass manslaughter - either through deliberate intent or through negligeance and they should all be arrested and charged.

Put them behind bars and keep them there indefinitely without charge - just like they do to others.

They are a threat to national security. They should receive the same treatment that they have doled out to so many others.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ok this is my first try at embedding a youtube video. Crossing fingers.

I dont know about what Obama has or has not said

BUT here is proof that would back up the story that Antar posted. This video is CNN's Ricks list. It an interview with Dr. Shaw with MERI. I encourage any of you who choose to dismiss this story as nonsence to watch the entire thing. The reason you do not see any oil on your Alabama beaches is NOT because it is not there you just can not see it. That is what the Corexit is for.

The danger is not from the oil or from the Corexit. It is from the mixture of the two. After they mix, it can be absorbed through the skin, then processed in the organs. The mixture causes red blood cells to hemorage. Sea life and birds are literly drowning in their own blood. IF Obama were to make such a statement, it would not be a false one.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Are there legitimate elements of the OP intermixed with FAUX news?

It seems to me that the OP needs to be either restated without reference to the unsubstantiated SORCHA FAAL claims or the OP in its entirety becomes tainted

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

Yes. The OP also cites DemocrayNow! I have always found this to be a reliable site for whistleblower information. I reposted some of the same content from the OP:

democracynow.org

But the use of dispersants has not. Consequently, we have people, wildlife—we have dolphins that are hemorrhaging. People who work near it are hemorrhaging internally. And that’s what dispersants are supposed to do. EPA now is taking the position that they really don’t know how dangerous it is, even though if you read the label, it tells you how dangerous it is. And, for example, in the Exxon Valdez case, people who worked with dispersants, most of them are dead now. The average death age is around fifty. It’s very dangerous, and it’s an economic—it’s an economic protector of BP, not an environmental protector of the public.

Now, the one thing that I did want to mention to you, Amy, that’s occurred in most investigations, back even in the Watergate days, people said, "follow the money." And that’s correct. In this case, you’ve got to follow the money. Who saves money by using these toxic dispersants? Well, it’s BP. But then the next question—I’ve only seen one article that describes it—who owns BP? And I think when you look and see who owns BP, you find that it’s the majority ownership, a billion shares, is a company called BlackRock that was created, owned and run by a gentleman named Larry Fink. And Vanity Fair just did recently an article about Mr. Fink and his connections with Mr. Geithner, Mr. Summers and others in the administration.

I don't know how we would find out about the claims of hemorraging, but just the fact that they have use a toxic chemical to HIDE the evidence (NOT clean it up) is disturbing enough. The "follow the money" comment is warranted and this gentleman gave us a starting point. Some people on this site are wonderful researchers so I think maybe this will give them a good head start if they are interested.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So back to the dying people from Corexit..
Where are they and why no coverage again,..
Censored,.. Hmm I am sure if there were real people out there that were gettin sic from this stuff it would make it to some kinda news,.
Hell I think the Examiner or enquirer would be interested.

But no news at all,.. good coverup

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not sure I trust this; I have heard that Amy Goodman can't be trusted as she is a disinformation agent. Be careful; I believe the powers are looking to scare the populce into leaving the Gulf and a reason to impose martial law. ED

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Thank you for posting the video. It offers a long over due insight into the damage being inflicted upon the Gulf. The marine toxicologist describes a trade off between letting the oil role on to the beaches and marshlands or dispersing it out at sea. It is clear either option would result in significant marine and environmental damage, but is their current cleanup method the lesser of the two evils?

Has the decision to use Corexit been based on PR damage limitation as the destruction is somewhat unseen, as opposed to miles and miles of oil drenched coast line?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Good lord, you guys need to read this transcript from DemocracyNow!. There some scary stuff being said. I will post some excerpts:

democracynow.org

Keep in mind the show has four people on:

Amy Goodwin (the host)
Hugh Kaufmann (EPA whistleblower)
Dahr Jamail (independent reporter reporting from Gulf)
SHARIF ABDEL KOUDDOUS (Amy's cohost)

HUGH KAUFMAN: Yeah, I was one of the people who—well, I did. I did the ombudsman investigation on Ground Zero, where EPA made false statements about the safety of the air, which has since, of course, been proven to be false. Consequently, you have the heroes, the workers there, a large percentage of them are sick right now, not even ten years later, and most of them will die early because of respitory problems, cancer, etc., because of EPA’s false statements

talking about a video from a local news agency showing a test tube blow up after trying to test it for the amount of oil:

HUGH KAUFMAN: Well, yes. I saw that when it first came out, I think on Sunday. And what they documented was that the water—you know, when you’re on the sand with your children and they dig, and there’s a little water?—they documented there was over 200 parts per million of oil waste in the water, and it’s not noticeable to the human eye, that the children were playing with on the beach. On top of it, the contamination in one of the samples was so high that when they put the solvent in, as a first step in identifying how much oil may be in the water, the thing blew up, just as he said, probably because there was too much Corexit in that particular sample.

[Dahr Jamail] But then, I went down to Gene Hickman’s house and then saw, just minutes after watching this video of crabs literally crawling out of the water trying to escape from the water, to see basically crabs floating belly up in the water, dead, all in his canal. There was sheen over the top of it, dead fish.

Well, the scheme is—let’s be really clear, Amy. We all know that context for news reporting is key. And Kenneth Feinberg, who is the Obama-appointed individual in charge of this $20 billion compensation fund for victims of the BP oil disaster, who is he being paid by? He is being paid by BP to do this job. When he was asked recently, just in the last forty-eight hours, how much he’s being paid, he said, "That’s between me and British Petroleum." So let’s be—let’s start right there.

And so, Feinberg then recently announces, last Friday, as you reported, that, “No, actually now all the money that you’re earning, you folks in the Vessels for Opportunity program, any future compensation claims that you make, this money will be deducted from that claim.”

And he was told at that time in a response on May 3rd by BP’s lawyer, “Absolutely, that will not happen. That is BP’s stated position.” And so, then we have Feinberg come out Monday, and every day since then, acting as basically a BP salesman trying to push this new agenda that you have to file your claim within a year, and then, once you do that, you’ll get paid, and you will not file any further claims. And then, of course, any work that you’ve done in this Vessels for Opportunity program, any of that money will be deducted from any future claims. So this directly contradicts what BP said to Stephen Herman’s law firm in New Orleans back on May 3rd. And again, we have Kenneth Feinberg running around, clearly accountable to BP, clearly working in the interests of BP, and as he’s being accused by Clint Guidry and basically fishermen up and down the Gulf Coast at this point in the Vessels for Opportunity program, is that this a guy who’s doing nothing but working to try to limit BP’s long-term liability for this disaster.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I live in Texas, and I can tell you that the last tropical storm that went through the gulf then dumped rain on us coincided with me having respiratory problems, slight dizziness, and a light headache and light nausea. Basically a kind of hung-over feeling, the kind you get from having too many toxins in your body. Didn't kill me or anything, but I'd say there is something to these pollutants and stories of ill workers for sure. I could see this disaster causing some long term health issues for a large swathe of people.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by antar

So Obama first approves off shore drilling, this disaster happens and he approves the use of toxic dispersants, and then goes on to say millions will die because of it?

I can hardly believe Obama has said that, because he would be admitting to mass murder.

But, still, what a freaking mess.

Obama did not approve off shore drilling, had absolutely nothing to do with this Rig. The application and approval came under George Bush.

Facts are facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join