It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored Gulf news: People bleeding internally, millions poisoned says 'EPA whistleblower'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

A small grassroots group in New Orleans, Stop the Oil Disaster, desperately attempting to educate the public about the dangers, created a flyer about Corexit EC 9500A manufactured by NALCO company in Naperville, Illinois. The flyer quotes from the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), the chemical bible:

COREXIT EC 9500A

#6. Environmental Precautions: "Do not contaminate surface water."

#8. Occupational Exposure Limits: "Exposure guidelines have not been established for this product."

#11. Toxicological Information: "No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product."

#12. Mobility: "If released into the environment this material is expected to disribute to the air, water, and soil/sediment - Less than 5% in air, 10-30% in water, and 4050% in soil/sediment."

#15. Sections 311 and 312: "Our hazard evaluation has found this product to be hazardous."

www.examiner.com...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Okay, I don't doubt for a moment that you are a caring person and have only but the best intentions, but I need to put on the record that I don't buy into mind control over the populous regarding the incident so millions can die.

We have a disaster like no other unfolding and I believe that it has been mismanaged by all.

Edit: I didn't actually mean to reply to myself Antar!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LarryLove]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by antar

You know, it is almost as if everyone wants to believe that this disaster is the 'big one' we have all been waiting for. It isn't and what is needed most is clear and factual dialogue to discern the magnitude of the Gulf oil spill.

This guy has been propagating doom and gloom for weeks. It makes for good tv and newspaper stories. Go back to people like the marine toxicologist who appeared in a video posted a few pages back.

Just want to say;

I agree 110%.

Thanks for taking the time to state your point.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I saw this yesterday but after thinking decided to post.

At least SIX ‘seeps’ found near Rigel methane deposits southwest of BP oil blow-out (PHOTOS)

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

It seems no matter what side of the fence you sit on about this the greatest disaster in US history, the facts do begin to surface and the truth speaks for itsself.

It is not time to become complacent nor to trust and believe everything handed out by the msm and especially those in connection to BP themselves who have not only the spill to contend with but their frozen politics and the multitude of lawsuits which threaten to kill their existence ... the same as they have irresponsibly done to the Gulf Coast.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to follow your intuition and when you get those 'hits' it is best to put it down in writing, this is one of those times for me that validate that way of thinkink.

Michigan oil spill a replay of Gulf spill?

During some of my searches into the BP disaster, I realized that the very same culprits which are directly and indirectly responsible for the BP spill are also continuing to work their way into the position of controling all of the oil in Northern America and Canada.

I thought "Oh Ohh, this is NOT good news"

It was that little voise that told me to write about it, not a week has past, and now today the first thing that I see when coming online is that worst case scenario has again happened!

I am JUST getting this news but wanted to vent before I leap into wth is going on.

michiganmessenger.com...

Be back I am going to do a search and discuss this if a thread exists...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to follow your intuition and when you get those 'hits' it is best to put it down in writing, this is one of those times for me that validate that way of thinkink.

Michigan oil spill a replay of Gulf spill?

During some of my searches into the BP disaster, I realized that the very same culprits which are directly and indirectly responsible for the BP spill are also continuing to work their way into the position of controling all of the oil in Northern America and Canada.

I thought "Oh Ohh, this is NOT good news"

It was that little voise that told me to write about it, not a week has past, and now today the first thing that I see when coming online is that worst case scenario has again happened!

I am JUST getting this news but wanted to vent before I leap into wth is going on.

michiganmessenger.com...

Be back I am going to do a search and discuss this if a thread exists...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OK lets talk about the money because afterall isnt that what it all boils down to?

This report was originally prepared as an internal management tool for the BP Claims team to provide details about the claims process, the types of claims that have been filed, the number of claimants compensated, and the amounts paid. In the spirit of transparency, it has been made public. You are encouraged to read the glossary of terms you will find inside the document.

Key Claims Statistics - 28 July

Item Amount Percent
Total Claims 133,000 100%
Claims with at least one payment 36,700 28%
Awaiting Documentation for First Payment 56,500 42%
Having Contact Difficulty 11,900 9%
Withdrawn, Erroneous, or Duplicate 4,700 4%
In Process, Evaluating for Payment 23,200 17%

$256 Million Paid to date
83,800 checks written since May 3
146,000 calls received
22,600 claims submitted in the past two weeks
18,100 claims submitted online (as of July 18)
37 field offices, with translation capability at 9
1600 member claims team
5 day average time from "claim to paid" for individuals who have received checks
9 day average time from "claim to paid" for commercial entities who have received checks

www.bp.com...

Plain Dealer wire services
Follow Share this story
Story tools

Oil giant BP will reduce its contribution to U.S. coffers by roughly $10 billion due to a tax credit the company is claiming it incurred from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Ok more but I have to go...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh and this too before i go for a bit:

BP to raise $50 billion for oil spill costs: report
www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Check out this video interview with :

EPA Senior Policy Analyst Hugh Kaufman, MSNBC, July 28, 2010 at 8:20 p.m. EDT:

Sheeze if what he says is true perhaps people are not able to hear the truth, better to go blindly into the DR. for a chest cold or worse.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
1 million gallons of oil mixed with 2 million gallons of dispersant? Wow that is a serious threat.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
From the same site, another piece that is very relevant and unsettling:

Reporter locates significant amount of oil on and below surface heading towards land; BP, Feds no where to be found (VIDEO)
July 29th, 2010 at 02:34 PM

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... deo

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
*BREAKING* Wal-Mart DISCONTINUES fresh seafood in Florida; Whole Foods removes ALL Gulf seafood

Wal-Mart is discontinuing the sale of fresh seafood in its Florida superstores, a Florida agriculture official told a panel looking into the economic impact of BP’s massive oil spill on the state’s economy,” the Palm Beach Post reports. The decision is blamed on a “drop in demand”.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I guess after all the stupid bickering on this thread it has gone down hill, so if there are any replies, please u2u me as I wont try to continue bringing any new news to a dead forum topic.

Seems I should just say, fine, everything was a hoax and everything is just dandy on the coast.

Eat your sea food, swim and bury your kids in the sand for fun.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
YEP- evrything is fine , no need for concern -keep moving, nothing to see here.
waters warmer than ever- yall come on down..

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
See above post...

BUT, I will leave you with this, I happen to really like Rense and think he has done an outstanding job staying current on the BP spill.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Why is this thread even still open?

IT has been shown to be wildly inaccurate numerous times.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by antar

So Obama first approves off shore drilling

Uhh... have you done ANY research at all on this?

Off shore drilling began "around 1891" according to wikipedia.

Further reading:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
BP and Halliburton and the MMS (you know, the actual culprits) would just LOVE for everyone to be distracted with this whole 'Obama's Katrina' nonsense..

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In terms of some of the comments made by world leaders this is very very disturbing indeed.

Have NO doubts about whether this stuff is harmful or not, and it should NOT have been used. I've personally been quite open minded in terms of the motive for the use of such toxic dispersant, and really thought it was down to money and greed.

On the other hand maybe that is the case. I have heard reports that some US gov't departments have tried to stop the use of these chemicals in the gulf. However, I have also heard reports to the contrary.

Sry for only just contributing, S&F

[edit on 2-8-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rufus the stuntbum

Ah, ty. Although there have been a few obvious shilling trolls here trying to derail and make horrible and insulting comments to anyone who posts, I appreciate your comments.

The reason for this thread was to attempt to place all the info I was finding into one place rather than making 100 separate threads.

Everything is relevant and I personally and after deep thought decided that the thread title was apropos.

Yes it is almaring and incredible, yet with everything I have discovered about this horrible and tragic political game, my main concern became a desperate plea to call for and monitor any contact with the Gulf Coast.

I also think that the dangers have been so seriously underplayed with the incorrigible and irresponsible use of the corexit, It will be no surprise to see millions affected. Perhaps they already are in the long term with problems such as and not limited to cancer.

In all the alternative and CT sites I enjoy reading, there have been and continue to be much much worse news than anything I have shared thus far, but since the thread became targeted, I just felt othrs would no longer wish to contribute and or reply without the chance of being also targeted by the trolls, so this not being a blog but a discussion forum, I backed off and continue to learn about the subject for my own interest.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join