It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New imagery of Edwards AFB on Google Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wardog72

Can't you see the north base from the highway? Does that make it hard for you security boys? Or would most of the work be done at night anyway.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

OSI is office of special investigation. Their ranks are classified because of the arresting power they possess. They are allowed to arrest officers and they where civilian clothes. Think of them as the FBI of the Air Force somewhat.

I saw them raid a neighbors house on base once cause they were growing weed in it. Pretty stupid if you ask me. The search warrant came directly from the wing commander.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

AF security

The wiki creates as many questions as it answers. It looks like some bases organize their own security.

I think before you got on ATS, I did a post of Nellis AFOSI. Kind of interesting because they have a number of locations, two of which were off-base. Fortunately I wrote this up:
AFOSI

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealthbomber
reply to post by Wardog72

Can't you see the north base from the highway? Does that make it hard for you security boys? Or would most of the work be done at night anyway.

You will need the irfanview djvu plugin to see this panorama, and there isn't all that much to see.
north base

The photo is old and not done very well. I hadn't learned the fine art of using a level on the tripod before taking the series of photos.

While you can hang out on the hill across the highway from North Base, it isn't like you can't be seen. I have never had security visit me when parked on that hill, but parking anywhere for an extended period of time is grounds these days to get chatted up by the police. Very annoying.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

AF security

The wiki creates as many questions as it answers. It looks like some bases organize their own security.

I think before you got on ATS, I did a post of Nellis AFOSI. Kind of interesting because they have a number of locations, two of which were off-base. Fortunately I wrote this up:
AFOSI

One of these days I'll make it through your website entirely. I've spent hours and sometimes days on it and you still show me more stuff. Lol

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Oh and we are ready for the mobile app for your site too.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

Oh and we are ready for the mobile app for your site too.

Mobile version? Probably never. However I don't render my text. That is, it is free flowing versus a fixed width, so your mobile phone browser should be able to wrap the lines. I don't use any special fonts. On a Z10, you just click reader and it converts the page to something easy to read. I can't speak for other platforms.

AFOSI DET 111 EDWARDS AFB CA
115 E Yeager Blvd
Edwards AFB CA 93524-8050
Comm 661-277-2208
DSN 527-2208
Fax (Comm) (DSN) 2563

AFOSI DET 707
P.O. Box 2070
Lancaster CA 93539-2070
Comm 661-947-2940
Fax(Sec) (Comm) 661-947-4383
Fax(Non Sec) (Comm) 661-947-4397