It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Caffeine Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Heres what my parents have every damn day since they were like 7.

Tea which contains caffeine in the morning.

Soda for Lunch which contains caffeine

Tea and or Coffee in the Afternoon. Thats Turkish Coffee.

And again for dinner, soda which contains caffeine

Plus some tea if they are awake at around 10 PM.

Thats a nice 200-350mg of caffeine a day, for 38 years. I dont understand how they are "healthy" after being drugged for so long. Poor people never knew what caffeine was, and that it was in Tea, coffee, and soda and that it was a drug until yesterday.

Shows what happens when your ignorant as hell.

Is there a conspiracy to keep them in society? When I drink coffee, I become stimulated, jolted, and talking becomes easier, boring tasks become funner, but its terrible for focusing or meditation really, it just keeps you patient, if you want real focus you need an amphetamine, anyway, conspiracy or not?

I'm sure almost all of the world has caffeine daily why?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
well, honestly i've heard that it allows negative entities into your psyche, and allows for a more easy manipulation of your brainwaves. :S

laugh away. just passing on some information.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
tbh that is quite a low intake compared to mine ...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I'm with you. I drink quite an amount of coffee during the day, and I have no problems concentrating or focusing.

Now what was I just doing.....

But really I have not ever had any negative affects from coffee, or chocolate for that matter. Thank God, because I love them both.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dave2770

I HAVE to HAVE my coffee in the morning.
My mug holds about 24oz.and I drink 2 per
day.I also have to have something to go with
the coffee,pop tarts,cookies,banana moon pies...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here is a site that outlines some benefits as well as risks -

www.disabled-world.com...

I like my caffeine, but not after mid afternoon. I prefer instant coffee though, it has less caffeine. I go thru about 6 cups in the morning.

Everyone's different though, it all depends on how you do with the caffeine. If it makes you jittery, you shouldn't drink it. I think sugar is more dangerous. Unless it's in chocolate. Then anything's allowed. Chocolate makes everything better.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Caffeine is what adults drink.

Maybe when you get older you will understand why we drink it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have coffee but I have really weak coffee, only use 10g of beans. If I can have one cup of that I'm good, tastes better than really strong coffee personally. And any effects from caffeine are pretty minimal.

When I first started drinking I wanted to keep it to about once every 3 days, but I'm weird like that

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave2770

Thats a nice 200-350mg of caffeine a day, for 38 years.

Man, that's nothing. Sometimes I take 4 200mg caffeine pills just for breakfast.

No Conspiracy. Keeps the coffee bean growers in business. Lets us feel like we get *SOME* "drug" to enjoy...

Whatever. Pelosi and the lot of them are on crank.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't really have a position on caffeine usage, except that I don't believe in a specific conspiracy involving it's inclusion in food and beverages other than it obviously can produce a quick and erratic buzz and probably does have some properties of mild addiction ...

But I did just want to provide a reference for those interested. Some time last year (I think) National Geographic did an article on caffeine ("Caffeine - It's the world's most popular psychoactive drug") that was pretty informative and interesting. Link is to an abstract ... they don't seem to have the full article available.

They considered all aspects of cultivation, production, distribution, consumption, effects ... and health issues and, I believe, formulated an opinion that the consensus was there really is no evidence for specific bad health repurcussions from caffeine intake.

That said, someone famous (can't remember who) did die from what doctors believed was too much caffeine. But it was a shocking amount of caffeine every day for, like, 30-50 years or something. Of course we know you can die from too much water, too, so this anomaly would not really count against caffeine.

Here is a link to an article that generally agrees with the National Geographic position, but does suggest possible health risks: Caffeine: Understanding the World’s Most Popular Psychoactive Drug

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

I believe I read that to die from caffeine, one would have to have GRAMS of it, in one dosing. That would be quite a lot, even in concentrated little pills.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I dont know that i see any conspiracy around it. I drink caffeine all the time, as do most adult human beings. All I know is i heard it stunts your growth. I dont really know anyone that doesnt have caffeine to be honest.

I have gotten to where I can drink a cup of coffee immediately before bed and sleep just fine. Its all about tolerances I guess.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't think there's a conspiracy in it. However, it does feel strange if you don't take coffee in the morning, but I attribute that to habit rather than as an addiction. I could survive without coffee though, replaced it with hot choco or orange juice for a few weeks a while back due to some "health" concerns that was being pushed to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dave2770

It is cute what you are attempting to accuse my caffeine of, and it will not work as the glory of coffee is stronger than any may imagine.
To set the scale, I slay more weight in coffee beans on a daily basis than most people will drink in water volume in a year. I also drink green tea daily.
No sugar or anything else involved.
I DO NOT drink soda except on a rare occasion when I feel reckless and them I have Satan’s personal choice and get the Big Mac meal super sized with a regular coke.
I am a diabetic so reg. coke is quite the bold statement, but I am a rebel.

I suffer no problems from caffeine poisoning however even though my intake is truly on an epic scale.
If some people cannot meditate or relax while on caffeine, no matter how it pains me but not everyone is for everything. Maybe your bodies chemistry just disagrees.
But please, I beg of you, BACK OFFA MY COFFEE!!!

Peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
I have gotten to where I can drink a cup of coffee immediately before bed and sleep just fine. Its all about tolerances I guess.

haha I used to do that with mountain dew. My caffeine usually comes from soda but I pretty much quit drinking it. Might have one a week or less

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Totally this.. I didn't understand caffeine until I had only one night during the week where I didn't have classes.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I eat only raw foods and primarily those I forage from the forest/fields/beaches around the area where I live. But I also drink large quantities of coffee every day, sometimes (as my body dictates) up to three pots per day - that's 3.6L or nearly a gallon for you Americans. I have no "must have in the morning" issues. There are times where I go for weeks without coffee at all. The mean value of number of cups per day is three. Having said that, I drink only the highest quality, freshly ground coffees.

For those of you wondering about how this is possible, having read other things I've written, I do not buy this coffee. It comes to me as a result of many years of energy healing for a woman who no longer has a problem with blood clots or varicose veins in her legs. This is her way to show gratitude, but I think it spins right back to her!

Also, I meditate a great deal. Coffee has no stimulative effects in me, in the normal sense. I'm not really sure what it does, but it's not what we normally associate with caffeine.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Coffee is good. Quit bashing Coffee you paranoid loons.

Tip of the Day: Coffee tastes better when coming from a state of Wakefulness than when being drunk as a Compensation for energylessness or tiredness.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Caffeine actually has quite a few beneficial effects...

WebMD

After analyzing data on 126,000 people for as long as 18 years, Harvard researchers calculate that compared with not partaking in America's favorite morning drink, downing one to three cups of caffeinated coffee daily can reduce diabetes risk by single digits. But having six cups or more each day slashed men's risk by 54% and women's by 30% over java avoiders.

"Overall, the research shows that coffee is far more healthful than it is harmful," says Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist at Vanderbilt University's Institute for Coffee Studies, which conducts its own medical research and tracks coffee studies from around the world. "For most people, very little bad comes from drinking it, but a lot of good."

"People who smoke and are heavy drinkers have less heart disease and liver damage when they regularly consume large amounts of coffee compared to those who don't,"

There's also some evidence that coffee may help manage asthma and even control attacks when medication is unavailable, stop a headache, boost mood, and even prevent cavities.

I'm Sold.

Then again, I am a barista. I consume quite a bit of caffeine regularly... which is why I quoted a respectable source of medical information. ^_~

[Edited: added last paragraph for complete transparency]

[edit on 7/23/2010 by Sararainmaker]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
I don't think there's a conspiracy in it. However, it does feel strange if you don't take coffee in the morning, but I attribute that to habit rather than as an addiction. I could survive without coffee though, replaced it with hot choco or orange juice for a few weeks a while back due to some "health" concerns that was being pushed to me.

Just so you know...
Chocolate has caffeine in it.

A Chocolate Bar has about 30mg of Caffeine, which is approximately 1/4 the amount in a cup of coffee.

[Edited: Added stats]

[edit on 7/23/2010 by Sararainmaker]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join