It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Caffeine Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think it is like any drug in that the more you have the more tolerance you build up. The amount the OP's parents drink probably affects them less than maybe one or two cups of coffee for the OP.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sararainmaker

Chocolate is good. One of the best things ever. Even it it had phenomenal amounts of caffeine in it, it would just turn it into my drug of choice.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Chocolate is definitely a drug of choice among many! I know many a menstruating woman who, without chocolate, would have killed a few people by now. While I am not one, I am sure that if I didn't have my coffee and cigarettes I would be unbearable... at least for a while!

A lot of things we consume on a daily basis have addictive qualities, physical or mental. Sugar is one of them that we ignore a lot. I once completely cut sugar out of my diet (including fruit sugars), and got violently ill for 3 days afterwards. It wasn't my body that was making me ill, but the yeast inside my body essentially revolting. It was terrible, but I learned that sometimes my cravings were not mine at all, but other organisms living (harmlessly?) inside me that were causing them. I think twice now before picking up a pack of gummy-bears at 7-11!

<< 1   >>

join