It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Who Is Coming to Florida for a Vacation? After all of the Hoopla, the Obama's give in....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Source

A White House official says President Obama and his family will vacation on Florida's Gulf Coast next month.

The Obamas are scheduled to travel to the coast on Aug. 14 and stay the weekend.

Obama has made four trips to the Gulf region, including one overnight stay, since an underwater well began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico in April. First lady Michelle Obama is making her second visit to the area on Friday.

So I guess the sagging job approval rating numbers and nationwide uproar on his 2nd vacation during the BP oil disaster has hampered their plans. Now after so much public anger on missteps taken in the Gulf Coasts and constant golfing during the spill instead of touring the areas hit hardest & talking to those residents of the Gulf Cost, the Obamas have to do what is must to save face.

They are now planning to have a vacation somewhere in the Florida Gulf to show their *Cough* *Cough* Support *Cough* *Cough*.

If the Obamas really wanted to show support, they would have never went to Maine in the first place during a national emergency. If Obama really wanted to show support, he would have been there touring the Gulf States and reaching out to the people instead of Golfing & trying to be Tiger Woods. Misplaced priorities and the lack of compassion for the residents of the Gulf was shown again after Mrs. Obama tried to woo others to visit the Gulf Coast to vacation while she took her family as far away as possible.

Well, these hypocrites will do whatever they can to fight those sagging poll numbers....even if it means to enjoy that fresh Gulf Oily Air in the mornin'.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How many vacations is this guy going to take? GW Bush and previous presidents only went on vacations like twice a year for a week or so ... this guy seems to go on vacation every other weekend

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

This newest vacation will more be like a campaign mode type outing, while his wife & kids get to try the latest safety tech from inhaling dispersants & oil in the air.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Maybe they need to take a real vacation to where all the oil is ending up all over the place. Maybe then they can trully feel what it is like to live there. THE BP MESS. OH, DON'T WORRY, BP is fine. They know what they are doing, LETS TAKE A VACATION. To much stress around, you know.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The best part is when he does go you can bash him for getting in the way for a photo op and when he does not you can bash him for not being there. Its win win. Bush Jr. got it the same way for Kartrina so I suppose people just like to complain.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Its not bashing when one points out exactly what is taking place.

Unless you can concur that Obama and this administration are themselves to blame.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I agree that he is taking too many vacations.. he just had one two months ago!

I demand a Congressional oversight committee to determine how much of the tax payers money he is spending on these so called vacations - and to answer the charge why is he going on so many instead of running the country.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Removed my post. I don't want to be a part of this thread.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
How many vacations is this guy going to take? GW Bush and previous presidents only went on vacations like twice a year for a week or so ... this guy seems to go on vacation every other weekend

Factcheck.org

According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

This is the tally for 2009, please visit link for full detailed analysis.........

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You're kidding, right?

Twice a year??

Bush took more vacation days than ANY sitting president before him. In fact, he'll probably hold the record for some time.

Bush Set to Break vacation record

GW Bush: MIA

Bush Breaks Vacation record

I do agree that Obama should have done more after the Gulf disaster. Why he didn't swim down there and plug it himself with his X-ray eyes (like everyone seems to think) is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Okay honestly?

He's the freaking president, do you think he, or any past presidents ever get REAL vacations?

Add to it that he is travelling to a point close to the current major US problem, and I don't really see anything wrong.

He get's to spend a LITTLE more time with his family and he's close to the situation if a major problem arises.

I dislike Obama for so many actual reasons, that this just seems petty.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Actually, with the exception of Carter and Clinton, all of our recent presidents took more vacation days than Obama did during their first year in office.

President Obama has spent all or part of 26 days "on vacation" during his first year as president, according to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller.

President Reagan, in 1981, spent all or part of 42 days away from the White House "on vacation" at his home in Santa Barbara, Calif, according to Knoller. President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, also spent three or four days around New Year’s Day each year in Palm Springs, Calif., at the home of philanthropist Walter Annenberg.

President George W. Bush spent even more time away from the presidential mansion in the nation’s capital than Reagan. Of the 77 total "vacation" trips the former president made to his Texas ranch while in office, nine of them — all or part of 69 days — came during his first year as president in 2001, according to Knoller.

Bush’s father, President George H.W. Bush, spent less time "on vacation" during his first year than his son, but spent more days than President Obama. According to travel records provided to FactCheck.org by the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the former president took six trips — spanning all or part of 40 days — to the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1989.

Source

It is good to have your facts in order before you make claims you are not sure of.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by drwizardphd]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why are people saying that Bush took more or this President took more.

It doesn't matter if he just got back from Marthas Vineyard a few weeks ago.

The man ran a campaign of change in DC and so far the only thing he has changed is vacation destinations.

But he will grab another free pass and dems wont give a crap.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I would think thats not going to happen now. If he forces the State Government to get off their high horse and get to work then yeah he can come and visit with no issues.

If this is still kept from us then I would guess that it may be to risky of a trip for any politician.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too busy my arse!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Thanks for linking your thread. I did not know about this issue and it is real sad that this administration continues to politicize this fiasco instead of getting in there to talk & listen to those who have been affected the most. 4 days of visits to a disaster which went on for 70+ days and continues to go on is a grain of sand on a sandy beach.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Woot Woot Let's see if the wife or girls swim in the ocean.
Probably east side if they did though.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Apparently they seem to be "damned if they do and damned if they don't!"

I hope that people in the area will be nice and courteous to them. And I hope they will take back pleasant memories of their vacation in the gulf.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

GREAT!

The more he stays on vacation, the better off America is!

top topics

join