It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This forum is under close scrutiny, Posters, you are the ridiculed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay I know that this subject has been talked about before, But I feel I need to create another view and opinion upon the already large community of people trying to discover the truth.

In the world we live in, everything is very controlled, watched, surveyed, and without any doubt there are things that we just do not know about. And of course these are the things that fascinate us, that would make us search further to find the absolute answer.

I feel that we are in an impass on ATS and sites like GLP. There is no longer the freedom we are searching for, since they are now more like: idea traps, imo. A place where somebody can control the flow of ideas, creative or not. A way to limit the effect of anything strange really happening in our world.

A buffer if you will to stop disclosure of anything or any subject that is deemed too classified, or dangerous in nature to governments. The most obvious subject is 9/11. Almost the second you talk about that subject, bricks and balls of plastic stone will start hitting your thread, and it will sink your thread, your humanity and your sanity instantly. No matter what is your opinion you are no longer human, you are dancer. (hate that song)

Have seen too many intelligent and well written threads, being destroyed by individuals who wrote 3 phrases? Are you the victim of these naysayers who seem to come from above to slam everything you might write? They ridicule the OP , the second being completely over-exaggerate everything and change subjects, and lastly call you the idiot name . Once it’s done, usually the thread is destroyed or crumbles on its own. Then all this hard work of writing something interesting goes down the drain. Just because this nobody, (NBDY) can call people names. Wow very impressive indeed, but when that’s the only thing you see when you write a text, then you all of a sudden begin to doubt yourself and your convictions. And since not all the people like to pitch in when a dubby NBDY sets his goal on demolishing a thread, if the OP is inexperienced, he switches from going to the subject to going to defending himself.

And Then ….it is done…. the OP is ridiculed. So the debunkers, unbelievers of everything, name callers, win. Unless there are some people that get to the thread in time.

To thedebunkers I say:

I don’t believe that you can ridicule people that way, what’s wrong with you ? Has your ego destroyed whatever you had left of a brain or do you like to criticize the weak and the small so much that you mistake intelligence for weakness?

Those searching for the truth on ATS or GLP, because it’s the one place they can actually say something weird, and not get called a….. Wait a minute; it’s the same thing as in the real world now isn’t it?

Why do you suppose that everyone is ridiculed for bringing up some of those weird stories? Well you don’t suppose that all of us are actually crazy now do you? Test it out for yourself; write something on any board within ATS. Write something that goes against the status quo. Be clear concise and well written. Chances are, within the two first answers, someone will already try to discredit your story, your person, and finally tell you your insane. I have been looking enough into these forums to know how it goes. It’s always the same pattern.

And guess what? Everything …. I mean everything that comes from ATS concerning, ufos, aliens, strange pictures, yeti, whatever it is….. It will Never come out. It will never really go out and change anything. And chances are, if it does, it goes to CNN or ABC or FOX in the dead hour’s zone, where it gets slammed, dunked in mud, and everyone is called crazy again. To again the same result, everything is forgotten … again!!!

Think about it! Why even bother? When it’s very clear that people on this forum are not who they say they are. What’s the point of denying ignorance, if what you are really doing is denying the truth all the time? What is the point of trying to divulge information on a site that has dozens of people who cover for everything all the time. I mean some subjects that are very well written, get ignored for things that are menial at best. Everything is of appearance.

Now I know for a fact that GLP is run by government agency, leading to NSA surveillance, and that ATS, well I do not want to even think about the possibility. I am guessing the owner has not sold out, but you should know that even if that is not the case, the people in this forum, debunking everything, are not just debunking you! They are trying to discourage you from ever achieving anything. And within the confines of this forum, Disclosure, in any form, on any subject, will never happen.

A dude who just lost faith in this forum, Better say the truth that the truth Id rather believe

Best regards (changed a few mistakes in sintax)

[edit on 22-7-2010 by KpxMarMoTT]
EDIT: spelling error in title...Big Brother

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
too long; did not read version

tl;dr

There are other threads like this

Big brother is watching you

ATS and GLP are not free

Not everyone here agrees on the same things

Debunkers debunk things and it sucks

Write something dumb and people call you dumb, gawd it sucks

FACT:GLP is run by government agency

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KpxMarMoTT

Amen dude, Amen.

You want truth , then this is it! I agree 110%

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

glp and ats are outsourced meme contractors.

In my opinion, I meant to say.

Possibly privatized arms of the DNI's OSC operations.

As part of its mandate to gather intelligence, CIA is looking increasingly online for information, and has become a major consumer of social media. "We're looking at YouTube, which carries some unique and honest-to-goodness intelligence," said Doug Naquin, director of the DNI Open Source Center (OSC) at CIA headquarters. "We're looking at chat rooms and things that didn't exist five years ago, and trying to stay ahead."[

ctrl f open source center

[edit on 22-7-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't think ATS is meant to be like high school. It's not about being popular and getting everyone on your side to "win" each thread.

All you can hope to do is put your ideas out there. They might do some good for someone, they might not. At the very least they might make some people think.

People who are skeptical can even be helping you. They might make you find holes in your hypothesis that you can fix or even have you completely abandon a wrong one. It's what the internet is about; sharing information.

If everyone felt the same way as you, then it WOULD truly be pointless. Nothing good gets accomplished when you're surrounded by "yes men".

As for the name calling, that is pretty pointless. It doesn't help anyone.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The choices seem to be tough ones.

You put controls on, either to stifle the "debunkers", or to make debate more civilised, or to encourage more serious discussion, and you stifle free speech.

But the more free speech oriented sites seem to suffer hard from a deluge of meme dropping, one line posts, and other assorted nonsense.

I noticed that on GLP, I consider it more free speech than ATS, with the anonymous posting, and less mod intervention, but unfortunately much lower quality for it.

The more extreme free speech sites like *chans are even worse, full of crap.

I don't think ATS cares so much about these issues. I think the number one priority for ATS is making money, and everything else comes secondary or as a function of how to make the most money.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I really think you have to make a distinction between debunking and bing skeptical. To me, anyway, a debunker is one who is critical of an alternative viewpoint no matter what. For example, Phil Klass was a deunker. He did not believe UFOs existed and went out of his way to explain them away. He also personally attacked people in the field, one notable example being James McDonald, another being Travis Walton. He used innuendo, did not bother checking his facts, and was in many respects a disrespectful person.

A skeptic, on the other hand, wants to see some proof. There many many outlandish claims made on ATS (I don't know what GLP is) and if someone asks you to cite your source or prove your point, they are not being debunkers. They are challenging you to prove your case is more than the result of an overactive imagination.

For example:

Now I know for a fact that GLP is run by government agency, leading to NSA surveillance.

Aside from the fact that this sentence doesn't make too much sense (How does being run by a government agency "lead to" NSA surveillance?), you have presented no evidence to back up your 'fact.'

So prove it.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by schuyler]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
people can USE these boards to gather intelligence over the internet population by geographic profiling

[edit on 22/7/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
thanks op,but its even more hurtfull when they try to insult you in some smart arrogant way. now thats just mean.
i try to never insult people,couse its stupid
if i dont agree with theyr opinion it dosnt meen theyr idiots

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I mean, who cares? I don't have a problem with what I read here, but how am I supposed to think that someone is reasonable when they can't put two decent sentences together? I'm in no way a grammar Nazi, because I'm dyslexic and maybe don't check things often enough, and I understand we have people for whom English is their second or third language. I get a little excited sometimes. Think about it...TPTB must love the outrageous stuff on here they can get because it's mis and disinformation. It steers us in the wrong direction! I love the threads where you can find actual genteel, respectful discussion. There is no need for anger and name calling. It's up to us. Put up your posts as reasoable human beings and have some respect for everyone. If you can't do that, get the Hell out!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You are so right - one reason I don' start threads. How many times have I gone to an interesting thread, all going well for a post or 2 and then here comes the put down and not always in polite terms either. Then I feel if I say any thing more - I am just going to get the same medicine. I know everyone is enitled to their opinion on a subject but it would be nice to see a little more research coming from the debunkers before they just throw it in the fire. Actually this same thing just happened on a thread I went to this evening - I wanted to dive deeper into the subject but saw no reason to after the commnents that were made - with no links or info to verify their opinion. ATS lawmakers!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Those searching for the truth on ATS or GLP, because it’s the one place they can actually say something weird, and not get called a….. Wait a minute; it’s the same thing as in the real world now isn’t it?

Damn reality, always getting in the way

To a slight extent, I see where you're coming from, but on the other hand, it's life, deal with it.

People trying to keep other people down is part of the human condition...unfortunately.

Another thing about human nature, is we like to have people agree with us, so naturally people will gravitate towards like minded people.

If you look in reality, and especially ATS, people tend to steer towards their own confirmatory bias. From reading your OP, this seems to be something you want, which isn't necessarily a good thing, but it's human nature.

Debating, disagreeing, and occasionally having your opinions scrutinized and crushed to a pulp is what makes us strong, give us experience, and in the outcome, if you learn from these things, will make you that much wiser.

We don't live in the land of perfect (the old Walgreen's commercial comes to mind), and thing's don't always go our way, but again, that's life.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
FACT: Everyone has different beliefs. Some believe in God, UFOs, ETs or the flying spaghetti monster. It doesn't mean they are right or wrong. It is a belief. Attacking a belief is fruitless. Trying to prove a belief is just as fruitless. We all interpret the evidence differently.

FACT: Belief in a conspiracy theory can change your life. It can be a very trumatic experience that makes you question everything you were ever taught. Many people are not strong enough to handle this.

SOLUTION: Grow a thick skin. Research everything you can on the conspiracy theory and keep copious notes. Learn as much as you can. Most of us have been doing this for quite a few years. Continue to test your theories and engage in debate. Some of us care and some of us don't. What matter is that if you care, then don't give up.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don’t believe my point is that nobody should be disagreeing with what I , or anyone else here , says. My point is that we are all looking to find out the answers to some very serious questions.

For example: In the alien forum, a lot of people are trying to find out what has happened to them. They relate their story out the best they can and try to explain the horror of having lived through an ordeal. Most of them are in hurt, and when you live something as important as rape, when you live something that destroys your dignity, when you suffer at the hands of a controller, nothing is more important than feeling that you are well surrounded by people that do not wish you any harm.

I believe that most of ATS is of the comprehensive kind, when it comes to these types of events. But I have seen people just lash out without cause, or without reason, radicalizing whoever says something that is very much against the status quo. I mean we do not need to come to this. As for believing or not believing, that is everyone’s own choice. That I still believe in. I just said I don’t believe that disclosure will be coming out of this site. As it seems more under the intent of trying to assimilate the information. It seems more like a place to gather the information and keep it from getting out.

GLP is GodLikeProduction Schuyler . It is a website, and it is a conspiracy forum. But the conspiracy around it, is about tavistock. It’s part of the banned words. Rumors surrounding it, tell us that the owner of the site, has sold out to this company. And this company has links to CIA, NSA, money laundering, Drug testing for psychological control, etc etc. Tavistock goes way back, when the CIA was created. It also seems to test an approach of changing ones belief, one subject at a time.

Categorizing everything and slowly progressing into brainwash of the subject. If you want to read more about it : letsrollforums.com... It talks about the conspiracy itself.

Doing a background check, you can find that the farm servers from GLP, are situated in the same area as those from ATS. (nslookup on ATS and GLP and you will get confirmation ) Coincidence, Probably!

: Zaiger : I wish to add to the debate, not just toss in a few phrases out. That’s what you do when you like writing, you write something and before you know it, it’s too long. But I guarantee that if you read it, it will make you react.

(I’m not going to say you’ll like it because I don’t know)

Oh and english is my second language so sorry for the obvious mistakes here and there

[edit on 23-7-2010 by KpxMarMoTT]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the GLP reference. I took a look. Boy, what a mess! It seems totally chaotic over there. It won't even render with MSIE, so I tried Chrome and it worked a little better. I also did some Nslookup work and I'm not seeing a connection. That stuff can be a little cryptic to interpret, though.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ok other thing, Google used to be great, but the connexion they have with the bilderburg, is unmistakable. Look at 2010 participants and you will know.

I would rather use Cuil as it is from the same creators of the original google but way better and under the radar.

And if I am not mistaken there is a connexion between tavistock and ATS

top topics

join