It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wachovia, Bank of America into huge drug money laundering scheme....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Wachovia, Bank of America into huge drug money laundering scheme....

www.globalresearch.ca

We are talking about a third of a TRILLION,(thats right 350,000,000,000 $ !!!!
This is on Wachovia alone....
A must read oif you are interested in corporate criminality, and how it effects us far more than we realise.
These two banks and others, are doing business with pretty reprehensible characters, and are guilty of such blatantly hypocritical actions it calls our entire banking practices into question....
What did these corporations ever do that they are allowed virtually free reign ?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This travesty of the banks being honourable businesses is getting thinner all the time.
As the knowledge of how they (the bankers) have promoted both sides of all major conflicts in the last 200 yrs...and the realisation that money can do no wrong in their eyes,(they have been more than willing to aid the gangsters .(who corrupt our children, and fill our streets with death and misery)
As well as how they profited from the collapse of the economy(even helped indeed engineered this collapse)
It is my ferverent hope that above all else, the people will finally take these bloated leeches to task and that there will be a signifigant wealth ditribution readjustment, in favour of the people.
The absolute blatancy of the pillaging is getting louder and more aggressive.
can we the people actually take much more of this obvious rape case scenario before resisting strnously in backlash?
It is my observation, that the longer this backlash takes, the worse it will be.....

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Laws are for the little people. The truth is, if you can break the law in a big way, (make enough money to buy influence) you can legitimize anything. Murder. Drugs. Theft. Genocide.

As long as your crimes are directed at the innocent, and not at other criminals who can also buy influence and legitimize their crimes. That, might get you in trouble.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Most informed Americans understand that the CIA and elements of our government bring in the drugs and are running the whole show.

The drug cartels are being controlled by the CIA but with so much money to be made, the CIA is currently using this existing drug war to consolidate routes, organizations and what is needed to ensure that only CIA drugs operations are conducted. Only those independent drug czars that do not want to work for the CIA are being defiant. These are the drug groups that are at the top of the list to kill.

The competition is being killed and if the CIA is successful in consolidating their drug empire with new players loyal to the "beast", they will once again be able to monopolize profits and stabilize costs necessary to bring it in and sell it.

The open knowledge fact that the banks are laundering the money is no surprise. What we as a nation are waiting for is some meaningful legislation that makes the banks accountable for their criminal cooperation with drug dealers.

Since the banks represent the profit end of the whole drug world, one would think that if we really wanted to stop the drug cartels that we would go to where they keep their money and immediately confiscate their wealth and immediately shut down the banks assisting in laundering money and then confiscate the banks involved as a means of sending the message that we will not tolerate anymore CIA drug running operations just because it serves the money needs of the CIA.

Time to bring the banks and the drug dealers with all that money to justice. Once we take their money and return it to the federal treasury we could do a lot with that money.

Lastly, we mush also deal with those politicians that allowed or supported the drug bankers. Bring them to justice and take away everything they own. All of it. Only then will we see a move towards sanity. If we do nothing like we are so good at then we deserve what we get.

This drug problem is a CIA government problem and to just blame the drug dealers is to deny this key point. Bankers are part of the problem but not all of the problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Laws are for the little people. The truth is, if you can break the law in a big way, (make enough money to buy influence) you can legitimize anything. Murder. Drugs. Theft. Genocide.

As long as your crimes are directed at the innocent, and not at other criminals who can also buy influence and legitimize their crimes. That, might get you in trouble.

Right on. you are 100% correct. I have known this from childhood. There are 2 types of Mafia. 1st class that doesn't bother small and powerless people. 3rd class that cannot tangle up with powerful but they hurt small and weak ones. Bush and his clowns is in this category. I have seen them all. And see it every day in USA. If you have the knowledge, you can detect who is mafia. People get caught with large amount of drugs. They meet the right people in the Government and they go free. This is why the middle Class in America is suffering because the offspring of Mafia of twenties grew up with Education and they moved in big offices. Unless we fight them, we will suffer. No question about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Mike Ruppert's documentary released about 6 years ago gave a lot of details on the CIA's involvement in the drug trade.

According to Ruppert, Wall St. Launders 500 Billion to 1 Trillion per year in Drug profits.

LAPD Narcotics Detective Mike Ruppert confronts CIA director about Drug Smuggling on CSPAN. Watch the first few minutes.

Google Video Link

[edit on 22-7-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Whats the big deal? Drugs should legal anyway, the banks are just doing there part out of principle to show that hey drugs are no different than automobiles or tobacco or mp3 players.

Im proud that these banks stand up for their principles and are trying to bring about an end to this most backwards of policies against drugs.

I think we should have a day celebrating the non-hypocrisy of the banks and the govt. -sarcasm off-

Seriously though drugs should be legal like tobacco and Alcohol so dont hold it against them to much.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Seriously though drugs should be legal like tobacco and Alcohol so dont hold it against them to much.

I should be allowed to play by one set of rules, and make tons of money off a business you are not only not allowed to participate in, but if you get caught trying to participate in, can land you in jail for a very long time.

Does that seem right to you?

Its not about whether or not the business SHOULD be legal. Its about the fact that they are making scads of money doing something that you cannot do, and if you try to do, you could lose your freedom.

They are cheating. Its a rigged game. You should care, its rigged against you. One set of rules and consequences for them, that allow them opportunities to gather wealth, and use that wealth to buy more rules that benefit them and prevent you from competing fairly.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Yeah, that was pretty much brushed aside. I have seen that whole documentary before and it is pretty damning.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

You beat me to it, nice work. As Ruppert writes: "The CIA is wall street, and drug money is king". People still act like I'm nuts when I tell them intel agencies run drugs and they are laundered through all the big banks and corporations help as well. Until they see the video where he confronts John Deutch, where Deutch looks like he was caught off guard and red-handed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've said for years that the government are the biggest drug dealers. Let's face it, if they wanted to stop it, they would.

It makes sense that they are the importers as it benefits them in money and also contributes to the vast de-popularization schemes.

The amount of armed forces that are out fighting pointless battles, they could easily be in the homeland protecting & serving the population both here (GB) and the US. Put the armed forces in every port and on every coastline and prevent the importing of drugs and the illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Think about all the small time operators in prisons for the rest of their lives while these facilitators of death get nothing but a slap on the wrist.
Where is the justice?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The drug wars are among the critical tactics being used to take away our rights. This is why we have our huge prison population, and why authorities can do what ever they want to you.

If drugs were legalized, the profits would go way down, along with public usage.

Most crime would be wiped out, without the funding drug money provides to the drug runners, and the government units in charge of dealing with drug prohibition.

The drug wars main purpose is the creation of crime which fools people into supporting a police state.

Drug usage was clearly marketed to kids in the sixties, seventies, and eighties. Big media went out of its way to portray drug usage as awesome. They are still doing it today, but people have wised up to this game. Those of us who grew up in the drug crazed seventies and eighties are wise to the ways, and we are able to teach our kids how to escape that trap.

Young kids don't see drugs as cool anymore, they see crack heads and meth heads as whacked out losers. Even inner city kids are wising up to the con, and steering away from usage.

Spread the word, drug usage is pushed by control freaks in the government and big business in order to increase their power over the public through the creation of a police state. Drug usage only makes you a tool of the real control freak sickos of this world.

Doing drugs is just what "The Man" wants you to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This documents the ever growing irrelevance of government and the concept of the state governing individuals.
We are sliding into a feudal corpratocracy and the individual is only a unit of production/consumption.
It was learned through history that actually owning the slave was costly. So this system has been cultivated to make the slave not only pay it's own way but also pay for the right to pay their own way.
The irony struck me hardest when as a child I realized we GIVE healthcare to our food, yet charge the consumer of the food for the same and at a high premium.
I wonder what thinking person is the least shocked? Who among us has not pondered how all those billions in drug money is legitimized?
"hey senator X there is a convoy of armored cars delivering our agreed contribution"
It has ALWAYS been a dirty, unfair exploitation of power since we gathered into societies. That this is finally being broached should be suspect of another agenda entirely. One might suspect a feigned investigation and perhaps more of those funds going in other directions but business to remain the same.
N.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am against wealth redistribution plans in most cases, but since the banks robbed us in the start, we deserve our money back. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I guess one of the main questions that needs to be asked is how much of this money is being funneled unknowingly, and how much is being funneled knowingly. What do I mean by this?

If you wire funds from your local bank down to Mexico, does that necessarily constitute a drug transaction? Maybe, maybe not. It should, however, raise suspicions and red flags. The bank doesn't know if you're simply wiring money to your family for food, or whether you are wiring money to a drug lord.

If the bank is turning a blind eye to criminality, that's one thing. And, while it's not good, that doesn't make the bank a conspirator, but simply an unaware accomplice to the crime.

The bank, to a degree, is caught in a bind of sorts. If it is too intrusive, it will lose customers. No bank customer wants to be harassed. If it is not intrusive enough, then it turns a blind eye to criminality. Fine line.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

add Riggs National Bank, up in DC...as being a conduit for making money legit (as much as possible)...
to drop a name: 'Bill' Heard,
the location---right at Dupont Circle,
where hippies used to hang out back in the late 1960s

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
I guess one of the main questions that needs to be asked is how much of this money is being funneled unknowingly, and how much is being funneled knowingly. What do I mean by this?

If you wire funds from your local bank down to Mexico, does that necessarily constitute a drug transaction? Maybe, maybe not. It should, however, raise suspicions and red flags. The bank doesn't know if you're simply wiring money to your family for food, or whether you are wiring money to a drug lord.

If the bank is turning a blind eye to criminality, that's one thing. And, while it's not good, that doesn't make the bank a conspirator, but simply an unaware accomplice to the crime.

The bank, to a degree, is caught in a bind of sorts. If it is too intrusive, it will lose customers. No bank customer wants to be harassed. If it is not intrusive enough, then it turns a blind eye to criminality. Fine line.

If Wachovia alone did 350b in business that is suspect it seems ludicrous they had no clue about the source. Hell a bank dredged up an article on herbicide spray in the forestry land home I financed and wanted a disclosure on the place. They may be more inclined to turn a blind eye over billions though? They are in the business of covering their assets (pun intended) they know where their bread is buttered. They know enough about sources to avoid dealing in NK or Iranian money but don't know if the cash came via Medellin. I am sorry buuut...rotfalmao
N.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

Stop spreading lies.

Government remains completely relevant, and when enough people wake up to the reality, and the power they have over government, they can use government as the tool to do the job the public wants government to do. The system works, which is why each new generation has obtained greater levels of freedom. Right now we may be losing ground, but the U.S. public will find another way to defeat the power mongers, as they have done generation after generation.

No, the drug war tactics have not been going on forever, it is a tactic developed in the sixties.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You'd be even more surprised to see how much of that "laundered" money is funneled into corrupt federal agencies through a series of proxies and covert allied organizations.

Stop snooping around, its dangerous.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join