It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Ending!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Why do all prophecies have to be about doom and gloom, end of times stuff. Wasn't there any happy ones, or ones with good out comes. Ones where nice things happened for a change. Can some one find me one, and you cant make it up it has to be a real one. I would prefer if it came true but that would probably be asking to much so just a happy one.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

Just read the last two chapters of Revelation.
The ultimate happy ending.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Jedite

Yup. You're right (unless you were joking)!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Not quite what I had it mind, and most of Revelations has alot of doom and gloom. Even more so for me since I'm on the fence about religions and gods.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EisLeo

reply to post by Jedite

Yup. You're right (unless you were joking)!!!

I was most decidedly not joking.
The whole central message of Revelation is "Don't be afraid, there's going to be a happy ending".

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
Not quite what I had it mind, and most of Revelations has alot of doom and gloom. Even more so for me since I'm on the fence about religions and gods.

You can't have a successful operation to remove a cancer without going through the operation. When the operation's over, you've got a happy ending.
Unless you happen to be the cancer, in which case being removed is not a happy ending.

The "doom and gloom" in Revelation is about the operation to remove the sources of evil. The result is a happy ending, except from the viewpoint of the sources of evil.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hmm ok that is true, and I did ask for a happy ending, alright. Well what about a prophecy that didnt have the end of everything as we know it. And didnt involve anything bad happening to anyone or anything, it was in all generality a happy prophecy is there any like that?.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Why do all prophecies have to be about doom and gloom, end of times stuff. Wasn't there any happy ones, or ones with good out comes. Ones where nice things happened for a change. Can some one find me one, and you cant make it up it has to be a real one. I would prefer if it came true but that would probably be asking to much so just a happy one.

Most prophecies have the same theme. A terrible weeding out of evil people will be effected here on earth. A third of all people will die instantaneously and alot more will die in the seven year tribulation following the great catastrophe.

After seven years earth will become a paradise in comparison with today, trees will blossom and give fruits all year around and people will not be sick like today. There will only be one religion and all wars are over with, people know the meaning of life and many will have supernatural powers like levitation and telepathy.

This scenario is quite magnificent. I have chosen to cultivate myself in Falun Dafa since I believe that is the big thing and the future world religion we all waited for during the thousands of years down here. Check it out if you find such things interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well what about a prophecy that didnt have the end of everything as we know it.

A prophecy that doesn't have the end of everything as we know it cannot be a happy one, because everything as we know it is hell. Earth appears to be getting worse and worse by the day, and unless that stops how can there be a happy ending? The happy ending is the end of everything as we know it, in this case.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hmm ok that is true, and I did ask for a happy ending, alright. Well what about a prophecy that didnt have the end of everything as we know it. And didnt involve anything bad happening to anyone or anything, it was in all generality a happy prophecy is there any like that?.

Do you really think with the way things are now ( where people die every day, greed and corruption is overflowing, and things seem to be getting worse as these things aren't letting up ) that a happy ending can happen without SOMETHING happening? Thats like assuming the world is a perfect happy place now with no need of a drastic change.

Do you see what I'm saying here Jedite?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by EminenceofAeon]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Doom and Gloom is relative:

www.youtube.com...

The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.

If you want positive read

THE CASE FOR THE SECOND COMING AND NEW JERUSALEM

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

well, here is another verse from the bible that cuts out all that mysterious crap and cuts right to the chase:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

we might not always understand - and really, most of the time we totally skew the message from deity - but GOD knows what the plan is, evidently.

to give us a happy PEACEFUL ending, sans "evil".

and we are to expect it, it seems.
so i do.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What do you mean by the end of everything we know? Because free energy would also mean the end of everything we know as well. But then again what do we REALLY know? The best advice I was ever told is: figure out who you are and then decide who you're gonna be and then BE it. At the end of the day thats all we can do, imo...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Happy Ending!

your choice of title for this thread got my attention. nice title.

Wasn't there any happy ones, or ones with good out comes. Ones where nice things happened for a change. Can some one find me one, and you cant make it up it has to be a real one.

Well, i was in Manama in Bahrain on a business trip. i went to this beach resort with a lot to do for recreation and relaxing. nice resteraunts, game rooms, pools, and a very professional and luxurious looking massage parlor where they offered alot of different massages. i payed 60 dinars for my first ever professional massage. which was the equivelent of about $220 dollars at the time. the massage was into the half hour mark and this pretty lady from some far east nationality was sure telling alot of good funny jokes while she helped me relieve tension and relax. at the one our mark she made some comment about me being less dressed than her and removed her shirt and bikini top. three hours later at one of the resteraunts and sports "pub" lounge she came up to me and my friends/associates and joined us. We ended up talking about who we were and what we had experienced growing up in distant and far removed locations. our conversation didn't seem too long, but in fact we ended up talking about a lot of intriguing things about eachothers local communities and where we came from and alot of stuf for 3 more hours, knowing we probably would never see eachother again afterwards we still invested pretty much an entire day to eachother flirting joking and talking. Oddly, we never bothered to give eachother anything other than our first names. so, i think this was happy ending.

I would prefer if it came true but that would probably be asking to much so just a happy one.

i know your thread is about doomsday end of the world massive extinction level events. if you want a happy ending, make it happen.

how many people in your city treat their city like it is the capitol of the world?

how many people in your city point the finger at the leaders in some city far away and say thing in their city are their fault?

need a happy ending? keep your sense of humor &

Treat where you live as the capitol of the world.

just a suggestion,
et

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Happy Ending!

a very professional and luxurious looking massage parlor where they offered alot of different massages. i payed 60 dinars for my first ever professional massage. which was the equivelent of about $220 dollars at the time. the massage was into the half hour mark and this pretty lady from some far east nationality was sure telling alot of good funny jokes while she helped me relieve tension and relax. at the one our mark she made some comment about me being less dressed than her and removed her shirt and bikini top.

et

I laughed at this part I was starting to expect a "happy ending" literally.. yeah I guess so but i've just been looking at alot of prophecies and notice the end this, war that, death from above this. I was just wondering if any of those people came up to some one and say in Three years you're going to do some great things... or say that the world will experiance a wonderful miricle. You know stead of their normal ones like one of your family will die and then you will do good things, or fire will rain from the heavens and then we know peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I was just wondering if any of those people came up to some one and say in Three years you're going to do some great things... or say that the world will experiance a wonderful miricle.

Prophets of this kind do exist.
They're called politicians.
There are misguided people who actually believe them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

I believe most people agree on one fact, there is need for weeding out alot of evil people from this world. That matter will be taken care of first by the Lord.

Then a wonderful world can start.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
hmm I guess so, even in fortelling our future you can't have good with out bad, kind of sucks a bit.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Unless you happen to be the cancer, in which case being removed is not a happy ending.

This is a very good point. Sometimes i don't know whether or not an ultimate ending for us is a good or bad thing. Nature itself, can be quite violent and ever-changing, and sometimes contains its own mallice, but perhaps its own 'technology', and the way it survives and survives itself is a lot more efficient than our [so-called] conscious level of over-consumption, and our blotting-out-the-sun effect. If the people in power really cared they'd stop now, but they're not stopping, so whatever prophecy is in store that may or may not be true, either way there's going to be some sort of ending however you take it.
There is no way the planet can survive this way. I live in a small town and I am amazed just by the numbers in a small town - there are hundreds of people walking the highstreet, thousands in a city, now times that thousands of times; it's just ludicrous.
Maybe the 'doom and gloom' ones it just a process of evolution that the earth has to go through and unfortunately our fearful egos have to accept that we die one day and it is inevitable.
I don't want to scaremonger or try to spook or get a reaction, but I can see only logic in cleansing everything.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Actually, the Council of Mayan Elders in Guatemala announced long ago that only good comes from their prophecies of 2012. However, no one seems to be listening. It will be the great shift into the golden age of enlightenment. Universal consciousness will make itself known to all and people will have an awareness of everything being interconnected to the ALL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join