It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran & Science

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I hope this is the right board for this thread. I've been wanting to post a thread about the Quran & Science. Now I'm not a Muslim or I'm trying to make them any better then anyone else. Just this is mind boggling to say the least. Many already know Gabriel helped the prophet Muhammad in writing the Quran. As well the other prophets in Islam; Abraham, Issac, Ishmael and Jesus.

Gabriel (جبريل, Jibrīl or جبرائيل Jibrail) is one of God’s Archangels, a special Angel from amongst all of God’s Angels. Angels – like Jinn – occupy a separate realm of creation; they are created by God from light. Their purpose is to act as messengers from God to the human world, and to uphold God’s majestic throne by singing his praises in Heaven. Angels do not possess free-will, a difference which marks them from humans. Gabriel is the “trusted guide for the prophets” in all three realms: that of the Jinn, Heaven, and Man.
Gabriel is thought of as “the divine intercom” because he is the Angel who relayed The Qur’an to Muhammad from God]. Gabriel first appeared to Muhammad when the Prophet was a child. In one account, the Angel appeared to Muhammad at night and removed his heart in order to cleanse its clot of sin so that Muhammad would be pure and able to receive God’s revelation – The Qur’an - later in life. When the Prophet was 40 and meditating at Mt. Hira, Gabriel returned to him in a blaze of light. There, Gabriel revealed to Muhammad the nature of the Prophet’s divine purpose, and began inspiring him with the revelations of the Qur’an. For the extent of Muhammad’s life Gabriel communicated God’s wishes and words while acting as a guide for Muhammad; Gabriel performed this function for all of God's Prophets.

With the introduction out of the way. I can present a way how there's a large and actuate of science in the Quran. I will post some pictures, and verses from the Quran that are surprisingly actuate to today's modern science. Here's where I'm getting all my source. There is much text and pictures to post. If a sole article interest you then go to it.
www.quranandscience.com...

All Swimming In An Orbit
www.quranandscience.com...

Modern science informed us that the moon is moving around the Earth in an oval, or elliptical orbit. Also the Earth and the rest of the planets, revolve in oval, or elliptical orbit around the sun.

In the holy Quran this movement is described as follows: (And he is the one who created the night, daylight, sun and the moon, all swimming in an orbit). (Quran, The Prophets: 33).

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Too bad there hasn't been much in the way of technology advancement since the sixth century. This is what the muslims want to return. The height of human achievement happened in the sixth century! According to these folks.

This is already practiced in religious control over the people they have in their conquered lands. Sixth century justice for those infidels and women.

Talk to me about how great this society is... again.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Too bad there hasn't been much in the way of technology advancement since the sixth century. This is what the muslims want to return. The height of human achievement happened in the sixth century! According to these folks.

This is already practiced in religious control over the people they have in their conquered lands. Sixth century justice for those infidels and women.

Talk to me about how great this society is... again.

The supposed Muslim society of today is ruled by the West, and most of those state are culturally motivated therefore backward.

It is culture, not Islam which is backward.

But depends which part of your culture you choose.

Islam makes it a duty for every man and women to aqcuire knowledge.

That is a duty.

Muslims of the past created the foundations of today's scientific achievement.

Heck it was Muslims who invented 0, without which there would be no binary, therefore you wouldn't be able to have that computer which you're writing your responses with.

The Educational institutions like universities etc was also passed on by Muslims, seen the cloths you wear when you graduate? That is the same Muslim culture passed on to you.

Say thanks.

Muslims of today are addicted to their culture, the true Islam will rise from the West.

Look at Britain for example, it is following almost all the laws of Quran, soon it will be an Islamic nation without even knowing.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

1. Quran is not a scientific book, but it does have knowledge which the people of the past could not have know about without technological advancements.

2. Quran is a revelation, guiding us individually and collectively.

The example of such knowledge in the Quran would be Human Embryonic Development:

23:14 (Asad) and then We create out of the drop of sperm a germ-cell, and then We create out of the germ-cell an embryonic lump, and then We create within the embryonic lump bones, and then We clothe the bones with flesh - and then We bring [all] this into being as a new creation: [5] hallowed, therefore, is God, the best of artisans! [6]

These are the descriptions given to the embryonic development.

This brief passage is outstanding in its precise description of the actual process as well as its freedom from all of the incorrect theories and views that were prevalent at the time of Muhammad. As noted in the translation, the Arabic word alaqah can imply leech, suspended thing or blood clot. In reality, all of these terms are descriptive of the embryo. In fact, in its earliest stage, the embryo not only actually physically looks like a leech[3] but it “obtains nourishment from the blood of the mother, similar to the leech, which feeds on the blood of others.”[4] Alaqah, again, can also mean, “suspended thing,” which is also true of the embryo in this stage as it sits hanging in the womb of the mother.[5] Finally, alaqah can also mean blood clot. Again, the relationship to the actual physical process is miraculous

For more descriptive analysis:
www.islamreligion.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Well, actually, if you studied a bit of history, rather than the opinions of certain Western media pundits, you'd realize that the Islamic world was actually one of the most advanced scientifically, mathematically, artistically, etc etc through most of the middle ages, a time when our glorified European society was stagnant or moving backwards. In fact, much of our modern medicine, science, math, etc are based upon Arab advancements in each field.

Most of the barbarity and "backwardsness" that is today associated with Islam is essentially the product of a few influential extreme fundamentalists who have gained traction in the last 50-100 years. One could argue that Islam is today facing the threat of entering its own "dark age" as adherents of these fundamentalists are in power in many Arabic countries, even though the vast majority of Muslims are far more moderate and accepting of other cultures. Just imagine if Pat Robertson or another of his ilk was making the laws in the US, would this be any better? Further, would it justify the outright dismissal of Christianity (since he claims to be Christian, just as the extreme fundamentalists in the middle east claim to be Muslims)?

Besides, if you think returning to 6th century justice would be bad, how about returning to 20th century BC justice a la Leviticus?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is just one of the many reasons I have respect for any ancient text.
At the very least in an academic literary sense. I simply don't understand anyone disrespecting these treasures. That for me prove that ancient man had way more going on then todays acadeically privledged are
willoing to admit.

Lets imagine for a second, your choice The Bible or The Quran either one.
Imagine that it was never with us. It was locked away in a tomb all this time until tomorrow, when it is found in that tomb they've been excavating, the past three months.

OP can you finish this little hypothetical for me?

SnF big time

[edit on 21-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's not just scientifically miraculous, but also literarily:

[edit on 22-7-2010 by muftanan]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by muftanan]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Like I said in my first post in this thread. I'm not promoting Islam. Just the science in the Quran. Also, I only posted one video about this topic. Can't you stop being arrogant to others?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Not a muslim, give us a break!!!
If im wrong prove it by writting here
allah is not god and mohammed not his messenger.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Alright. I will play by your logic. I don't believe in any God. Allah is the Arabic name for God. Even Christians use Allah is prayer.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
ATTENTION

I strongly suggest that participants remain ON TOPIC to avoid removal of posts.

Thank you.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I apologize! Nothing will happen again.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I just have a genuine interest in theoligy and a general concern
with the spread of islam in the west. Especially from those who
claim not to be muslim.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Well there is a thread I can share with you. This thread has to deal with the Islamic influence in the West. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm not entirely convinced by the connections between Islam and science.

I was given a copy of the Holy Quran to read by a friend - I also found some books about the content of the book and the science involved.

I often found the suggestions to be circumstance based, and whilst there would be explanations for perhaps 80% of a paragraph the last 20% would be left hanging with no real scientific basis or possibiblity.

Especially interesting is the paragraphs early about the birth process. There are some interesting ones about weather, and how the solar system works but again ... I can't really 100% say that a person in those centuries couldn't have described these things the way they do.

Even someone just guessing but writing in a poetic language is bound to find some level of accuracy with the assistance of interpretation.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Trying to get back to the topic...

muslimmatters.org...

This article I linked to discusses ruins of an ancient city (over 4,000 years old) called Iram that was only recently discovered in the Rub al-Khali desert region in the Middle East using space-based radar.

What's interesting is that the Quran discusses this city (even using the name Iram) and its people.

en.wikipedia.org...

^more info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join