It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran & Science

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

There are dozens to hundreds of examples of this from the Bible. Nothing real special about it.

I suppose a child molesting sheep herder would hear tales of history sitting around a fire with nomadic elders.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
[edit on 22-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by hinky

Heck it was Muslims who invented 0, without which there would be no binary, therefore you wouldn't be able to have that computer which you're writing your responses with.

...and since then muslims have continued to
invent zero.

remember the legend of the hare and the tortoise?

when this muslim hare took a nap that nap was permanent.

muslims pride themselves on centuries past glories while in the real present world they have zero to show for it.

I cannot think of a single modern technological invention that was invented by muslims.

Don't you think it is astonishing?

no muslim dvd players, no muslim iphone,blue ray player,mp3,plasma screen,tv,cellphone,lasers,trains,guns,missiles,rockets,fans,toasters,microwave ovens,nuclear power,atom bombs,satalites,windows xp.

no muslim computers,hard drives,cpu,calculators,lcd tv,phone,electricity.

all of it invented by western civilization.

astonishing.

if any muslims are reading ,which is unlikely, you should be ashamed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Originally posted by hinky

Heck it was Muslims who invented 0, without which there would be no binary, therefore you wouldn't be able to have that computer which you're writing your responses with.

invent zero.

muslims pride themselves on centuries past glories while in the real present world they have zero to show for it.

I cannot think of a single modern technological invention that was invented by muslims.

no muslim dvd players, no muslim iphone,blue ray player,mp3,plasma screen,tv,cellphone,lasers,trains,guns,missiles,rockets,fans,toasters,microwave ovens,nuclear power,atom bombs,satalites,windows xp.

astonishing.

I have to agree with you. No one "invented" Zero and binary code is a diversion from the truth. If the original poster doesn't realize this already, in the Quran you have Allah trumping his own word as time progresses. To be more specific... When the prophet becomes a very rich and powerful man with 10 plus wives residing in Medina. How many followers researched all the hadiths? Why don't more people delve into the character of man? It's pretty easy to tell when someone is being authentic vs. regurgitating stories.

To put it bluntly... God doesn't make mistakes. Our Creator doesn't even subscribe to time. Only a messenger with limited knowledge and questionable moral behavior decides God changes his or her mind. Furthermore, the major religions of today have been maintained as political systems bound to corruption. If you had the truly faithful, you wouldn't turn on your news to find a wedding party bombed, officers killed while waiting in line for hard earned wages to feed their families, or children violated by priests. Can you make a bigger mockery of God? I doubt it...

You're defined by your word, but judged by your deeds, so if you're seeking Heaven, you might rely on the integrity of your own moral compass... Just some food for thought.

As for science... Keep at it.

Additional reference material (youtube or google search terms):

Dale Pond - Keely, SVP
Marko Rodin - (look for a 44pt Lecture Series) Vortex Math Model
Nassim Haramein - Vector Based Geometry

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by lestweforget

Alright. I will play by your logic. I don't believe in any God. Allah is the Arabic name for God. Even Christians use Allah is prayer.

Even Christians use Allah is prayer

not true

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

looks like I just proved you wrong.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The supposed Muslim society of today is ruled by the West

May I ask to which of the Muslim countries you traveled and for how long, in order to arrive to such conclusion? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

May I ask to which of the Muslim countries you traveled and for how long, in order to arrive to such conclusion? Thanks.

I have been to Saudi Arabia, and I'm from Afghanistan, and I know 99% supposed Muslim countries are under Western influence, dictated by Western dictators.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

invent zero.

astonishing.

And for Muslim inventions, heck are you kidding me>?

All the Muslim brains are in the West, don't you know? Because their countries are ruled by Western puppet dictators.

Do you think the Western empire wants Islam to rise again?

Are you that naive?

Look at Iran dum dum, probably the only independent Muslim nation, and they are blocked from advancement.

They are can't even advance to learn nuclear science.

Iran is an example of a country that has made considerable advances through education and training, despite international sanctions in almost all aspects of research during the past 30 years. Iran's university population swelled from 100,000 in 1979 to 2 million in 2006. Seventy percent of its science and engineering students are women.[5] Iran's scientific progress is reported to be one of the fastest in the world.[6] Iran has made great strides in different sectors, including aerospace, nuclear science, medical development, as well as stem cell and cloning research.[6]

You're naive to not look at the political side of this story.

If Muslim countries were free, there would be great advancement in science and technology due to their Islamic duty which dictates men and women to pursue knowledge.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting topic, but something here seems amiss. Why should you religion determine if you are capable of generating advancement. As an academic myself, I work with many people who from all over the world, a number of which are muslim. In modern society, why I don't doubt that certain countries politics attempt to restrict advancement, many of the bright and intelligent people from the muslim world and other places move to the western world, as there are more oppertunities, facilities and resources available for this work to be undertaken.

In regards to ancient texts containing science, I am unable to comment as I have never read any of them, however if such things are mentioned, it is most likely they were merely the dreams and thoughts of people of the time that wrote said documents.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join