It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Extension Passes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is the problem with this entire world. Heartless opinionated, self righteous flesh eating androids who are all striving for a pot of digital gold. Pitiful world I was incarnated into. Shameful beyond belief and absolutely, indescribably horrific and hellish.

Arrrrgh!!!!

And to add on top of all of that. My OWN flesh is a fool incapable of knowing what the hell is going on around here! I'm a trapped soul that sees the truth but is locked in a 3rd dimension hell!!!

I was thinknig that if I found the truth, some type of show tune would play and a big "GONG!" would sound. There would be a guy with a microphone that would appear and say "Congratulations you've won! Game over"

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Visitor2012]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

See, I don't disagree with you at all on your points in that post. And am sorry to hear that.

My gripe with this unemployment insurance is that it needs to have incentive to find or take work instead of the insurance. I am certainly not trying to villianize people currently on unemployment as the job market is absolute garbage currently

My gripe is the fact that once you start the UI benefits, there is no incentive to get off it and go back to work unless its a GOOD job; there is currently little reason to settle for something to "get by on". If you're getting 300 a week for doing nothing, there is no reason to take that job that pays 350 a week that you actually have to spend 6-8 hrs a day/5times a week, doing something you don't particularly care to do. Not to mention, the additional debt burdon because they would rather add to the trillion deep defecit then use their slush fund money from the worthless "stimulus" bill that did nothing except stimulate the formation of 2000+ page regulations bills in congress

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SlasherOfVeils]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I was thinknig that if I found the truth, some type of show tune would play and a big "GONG!" would sound. There would be a guy with a microphone that would appear and say "Congratulations you've won! Game over"

I know exactly what you found instead.
Frozon personalities, all with that," deer in the headlights" look on their face, in an absolute enslavement to silence.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I know exactly what you found instead.
Frozon personalities, all with that," deer in the headlights" look on their face, in an absolute enslavement to silence.

Yes. Deafening silence...and a tad bit of loneliness! I'm lucky to have someone close to me who feels the same way.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

I don't see anything wrong with people living off of the benefits they paid for and frankly it's none of my business.

What satanic pleasure do we get from wanting people to suffer for their plight in life? Is it the fact that we're miserable working, so we want others miserable too?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

I don't see anything wrong with people living off of the benefits they paid for and frankly it's none of my business.

What satanic pleasure do we get from wanting people to suffer for their plight in life? Is it the fact that we're miserable working, so we want others miserable too?

This is exactly it. "Well, I hate my job, and I have to go to it every day, so everyone else should have to suffer too."

I have seen it over and over, I had alot of friends that used to talk so much # about welfare and unemployed people, saying they should starve, they were lazy, people need to "buck up".

The worst one was in drywall. At the peak of the boom, he was making sick money for being a damn drywaller - which i admit, is hard work, but its not like its rocket science - then when the work went away, he didnt have anything to do for a whole summer. He was self employed (alot under the table) and didnt qualify for unemployment. It was sad to see him with literal tears in his eyes, wondering where his next meal was going to come from. Of course, he never quit smoking expensive cigarettes. He still owes me $20 too.

The thoughts that roll through your head when you believe it cant happen to you turn around real quick when it just did happen to you.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Dont you see the two labor classes here? One man sets in front of a press day in and day out like a good little robot. He works for a big firm that adhears to modern days ideas about labor like 40 hrs a week and overtime pay, safty considerations ect. He incures zero risk in the market factors the product he makes is subject to. But he gets laid off he gets a check. If he doesnt he gets profit sharing, insurence, workers comp, income tax return check most of the time, retirement plan, ect

The other guy doesnt play into the corporate marxist mind set, is independent, sells his skill on the open market, is subject to higher tax, higher risk and other conditions. Pays twice what the other guy pays if he wants insurence, harder to get a loan if he needs one, payes for his own tools, workes up to 60 hours a week when its good, subject to weeks off without pay ect. His world dries up and its all on him.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Synchrocity

I'm an American taxpayer too, and I hearby give my permission for the federal and state government to use the $50K+ I pay in taxes yearly to support 8 families for another year.

If it makes you feel better, give them your permission to spend it killing more Iraqis or whatever it is that scares you most and floats your boat.

I dont know....8 families without income....well one would be safer in Iraq at that point. And thank you...dont want them staring at my garden through the back fence.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join