It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Unemployment Extension Passes

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
here is something i never hear about unemployment... why cant I choose my unemployment insurance company.. like I do my car insurance etc.. why does the government have to be involved in my unemployment insurance choice?

Why does no one ask this question?




posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If we were worried about the deficit we would be putting more people on the unemployment roles...by laying off a bunch of defense contractors and ending both wars!



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils
 


112 weeks is a fallacy. Very few people receive 112 weeks. Payment amounts are based off a formula. Each extension cuts the amount of weeks down. A person starts with a base amount, then an acceptable weekly amount. So let's say I paid in $6,000 for a year. I get a certain amount of that per week until it is exhausted. Then I get a first extension. They take the base amount and I get 80% of that base amount. My payment amounts weekly would remain the same so I will go through the first extension quicker than I did with the original UI benefits. The second tier cuts the amount even lower I think to 60% of the original amount. The pay weeks get shorter. The third extension I get 50% of the original amount. The pay weeks get shorter. The fourth extension is generally a joke...with only a few weeks of pay.

While it's possible to get 112 weeks, that would only be for the really well off people that have contributed tons into the UI benefits. A McDonalds employee will probably receive small checks but will run out of UI benefits well before the 112 weeks.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The cost of the unemployment bill that passed the senate today - $34 billion

The cost of the US Government:

Total Outlays (Federal Funds): $2,650 billion

MILITARY: 54% and $1,449 billion

NON-MILITARY: 46% and $1,210 billion

I think $34 billion to keep people in their homes and food on their tables is small potato's if you consider how much is actually spent on government. I will gladly pay for that any day of the week. If you think about it, just a few small cuts in the military or in government alone can easily pay for the unemployment insurance that people desperately need right now, because there are no jobs. For those of you who say "Oh just go find a job" you should think about rephrasing that to "Are you able to find a job that will feed your family and keep you in your home?" Most of the jobs out there are very low paying because of the demand. There are numerous ways to pay for this bill without raising taxes. Unfortunately, government is getting larger instead of smaller.

~Druidae



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint
 


That's right hotpink! If we were really concerned about not spending, we would stop spending overseas first before cutting off our own people.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint
I'm not sure I understand your post but I starred it


While true that ending both wars would put more people on the unemployment line it would be offset by building in infrastructure as America's infrastructure is crumbling.

It would take about 2.2 trillion dollars to repair America's infrastructure and instead of wars, money should be spent on this, hiring people to fix up their communities.

Oh wait, I forgot... It doesn't fit in the Elite's Satanic plans... Oh darn.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No jobs in your area? No jobs in Las Vegas? Well WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

How about you get off your butts and move to areas where there are jobs instead of sucking on the nipples of the American taxpayer? Or is that just too damned inconvenient for you whiners?



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Synchrocity
No jobs in your area? No jobs in Las Vegas? Well WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

How about you get off your butts and move to areas where there are jobs instead of sucking on the nipples of the American taxpayer? Or is that just too damned inconvenient for you whiners?


You do realize it costs money to move right? Where do you suggest people get the money to move to another state from? Are you willing to help pay for someone to move to your area, since there seems to be a plethora of jobs there? Give up some contact info, and I will start sending the unemployed in your direction.

~Druidae



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Synchrocity
 


why don't you take a flyin ------- I will come to you and you can give me the money I need o.k.? This happens to be our dam money by the way not yours jacka---



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Synchrocity
 


Sure...because it's so easy to move.

You want to pay a bit more unemployment?

Or do you prefer to pay welfare PLUS allowing another 7.5 million foreclosed homes which (horror) might affect the price of your home or have that many more people not spending another penny which might affect your job?

Let's be totally short-sighted about this.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4
 


With Democrats in charge you have people who are half human

The republicans are in-human!



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
After 29 weeks, it is not insurance it is welfare!
2.5 million more on welfare!



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by condition9
reply to post by Synchrocity
 


why don't you take a flyin ------- I will come to you and you can give me the money I need o.k.? This happens to be our dam money by the way not yours jacka---


I'm an American taxpayer. You're damned straight this is my money that's going to the umemployed pigs. Because they won't get off their butts and find jobs, people like me, that choose to actually go out and work for a living get to prop up those of you who think the government should be supplying you with a check for the rest of your lives. Just because you're alive right?

Seriously, some of you people make me physically sick to my stomach.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Synchrocity
 


Sure...because it's so easy to move.

You want to pay a bit more unemployment?

Or do you prefer to pay welfare PLUS allowing another 7.5 million foreclosed homes which (horror) might affect the price of your home or have that many more people not spending another penny which might affect your job?

Let's be totally short-sighted about this.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by ~Lucidity]


People can't muster the money to move but they still manage to buy alcohol and smokes, eh?

Let's be serious about this subject. If all you are getting is a government handout with no real job then chances are you aren't going to keep that house much longer, anyways. The housing market is already in the thresher and you are trying to tell me that more of my tax money going to these leeching pigs is going to make it all better? Fat chance, bub. All this stupid extension does is allows millions of Americans to continue being lazy. Yeah, I said it - lazy!

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Synchrocity]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Synchrocity
 


With all due respect

Your attitude is primitive, selfish and anti-human and anti-American

Where you people worried about the budget when they were killing brown Asians in Iraq, and our troops for an illegal and immoral war?

You don’t care about human beings in your own country.

There are no more jobs!

DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!

We will see when you get kicked out of work or loose all your money and see how deal with it..



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Synchrocity

I'm an American taxpayer. You're damned straight this is my money that's going to the umemployed pigs. Because they won't get off their butts and find jobs, people like me, that choose to actually go out and work for a living get to prop up those of you who think the government should be supplying you with a check for the rest of your lives. Just because you're alive right?

Seriously, some of you people make me physically sick to my stomach.


You have misplaced anger. Would you like to see what should make you sick to your stomach? You should take a gander at this and then go ahead and ask for your money back. I pay taxes as well, and like it or not bud, there are worse things than helping people feed their children and keep a roof over their heads, which is just about all that UI can do for you. You should also be more angry at the fact that the government has done nothing to help stimulate the economy other than put us in even more debt. Remember this; with all of the unemployed people out there now, its only a matter of time before your job is in jeopardy as well. Unless you know.. you are in the war business.

~Druidae



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by Synchrocity
 


With all due respect

Your attitude is primitive, selfish and anti-human and anti-American

Where you people worried about the budget when they were killing brown Asians in Iraq, and our troops for an illegal and immoral war?

You don’t care about human beings in your own country.

There are no more jobs!

DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!

We will see when you get kicked out of work or loose all your money and see how deal with it..


No more jobs? BEEEEE-ESSSSS!!!

There are plenty of jobs if you know where to look. Like I said, people don't want to get out of their comfort zones and actually find work. They want to wallow in their own self pity and this government bill will help them do just that.

And you know something else? I have been opposed to these stupid wars ever since that jackass of a president George W. Bush started talking about shock and awe, so you would do best to watch your mouth, bub.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druidae

Originally posted by Synchrocity

I'm an American taxpayer. You're damned straight this is my money that's going to the umemployed pigs. Because they won't get off their butts and find jobs, people like me, that choose to actually go out and work for a living get to prop up those of you who think the government should be supplying you with a check for the rest of your lives. Just because you're alive right?

Seriously, some of you people make me physically sick to my stomach.


You have misplaced anger. Would you like to see what should make you sick to your stomach? You should take a gander at this and then go ahead and ask for your money back. I pay taxes as well, and like it or not bud, there are worse things than helping people feed their children and keep a roof over their heads, which is just about all that UI can do for you. You should also be more angry at the fact that the government has done nothing to help stimulate the economy other than put us in even more debt. Remember this; with all of the unemployed people out there now, its only a matter of time before your job is in jeopardy as well. Unless you know.. you are in the war business.

~Druidae


You're damned straight I have anger. But its not misplaced. I'm pissed at anyone that takes advantage of the government but I'm also pissed at the current administration for selling us out to the Chinese so these damn wars can go on and for mismanaging our nations money, like this stupid piece of legislation. Every person taking money from this extension is a welfare recipient by choice.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Synchrocity

You're damned straight I have anger. But its not misplaced. I'm pissed at anyone that takes advantage of the government but I'm also pissed at the current administration for selling us out to the Chinese so these damn wars can go on and for mismanaging our nations money, like this stupid piece of legislation. Every person taking money from this extension is a welfare recipient by choice.


I live in a tech heavy area and I can tell you from first hand experience that the competition for the jobs that ARE out there that do pay well, is fierce. Before I started my current company, I was standing in lines of 100's of people that were all interviewing for 1-5 positions that were available. It is not as easy as it used to be to find a job that will support you and your family, even when you do make concessions and move to a smaller house. The job market is pretty crappy at the moment any way you look at it. Yes there are jobs out there, but not as many jobs as there are unemployed. Have you looked at the #'s that explain this? I am lucky enough to be a business owner in one of the only industries that is not contracting at the moment, and is actually growing.

Some questions for you:

You stated earlier that people should just move to where jobs are. How do you suggest people come up with the money to move if they are already unemployed and are "barely making it"?

Do you feel that the government could do more to help in other ways besides UI? If yes, what?

What is your opinion on tax breaks for companies that move work outside of the US that could be done here?

Are you willing to pay more for your goods and services to help put americans back to work? explain why or why not.

My mothers boyfriend is a contractor that works on new homes. With the housing market the way it is, and with no new homes being produced, what would you suggest someone with his skill set do for work?

**Edit to add 1 more question.

If the UI that was passed today does not get passed in the house, how do you think it will affect your job, seeing as that many people will no longer have any money coming in to be spent in your local economy?

~Druidae

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Druidae]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Synchrocity
 



I hate to tell you, but in your haste and anger to register a sock-puppet account, you've misspelled your username........

synchronicity

Can't take someone too seriously when they can't even register an account properly....sorry



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join