It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The failed predictions thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well here we go it would seem another disaster has been averted. We have survived another day! The predicted event did not occur.

We were not hurt, we were not rounded up and jailed.

None of our cities have been nuked.

Wall Street has not shut down.

A large planetary body (or meteor) has not slammed into us, or passed close enough by to flip us over.

The sun has not fried us like ants under a magnifying glass.

We have not repeated some awful catastrophe from ages past.

No extinction level event has occured.

So I now give you a place to bury these old failed prophesies. If for nothing other than entertainment purposes (and some are quite entertaining).

Please leave your favorite failed prophesy or prediction link here in this thread. Not all of them are in the prediction forums. Maybe it will help other members to think twice about posting predictions with dates.

I started a thread for placing predictions a few weeks back. If you feel the need to predict something, without proof or facts, or fear of recrimination, leave it here...

ATS Link

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I guess I missed it, how was the apocalypse coming this time?

Can you link to the relevant thread please.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Something was supposed to happen on the 19th?

Oh by the way there was another thread called the failed predictions thread somewhere.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EminenceofAeon

The last one was July 2009, I guess mine will stand for now. I did do a search before posting this. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Due to the unexpected success of the BP oil cap, the apocalypse has been postponed.

Work on the pole reversal is continuing, but those pranksters at HAARP keep stealing our power to create stupid earthquakes.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EminenceofAeon

Well no particular one comes to mind, it was just that so much was predicted to happen this last couple weeks...

Heres one

ATS Link

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't every single prediction ever made on ATS be in here? especially all the recent OIL-pocalypse threads?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Heres one for you as well...

ATS Link

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
How come nobody predicted this thread turning up?

Surely someone must have seen it coming seeing as they can see all other catastrophic events?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

Good point! I sure didn't see it coming. But don't you have a link to a prediction that didnt pan out, one that might have made you sit up and say "What if?"

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't every single prediction ever made on ATS be in here? especially all the recent OIL-pocalypse threads?

Exactly my point! There are a lot of threads that should be here but somehow do not. Ive seen them in Breaking News etc. I just wanted a place for the failed ones for now...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

Why bother??

Don't get me wrong. I don't have anything with these predictions but as long as they are posted in the appropriate forum I don't see why you would want to sub-divide them into correct/failed predictions.

A failed prediction is still a prediction. Just a forecast of possible things to come based on the experience or knowledge of the one making the prediction. And we all know where knowledge and experience comes from........that's right, from making mistakes.

So, in a weird way, every failed prediction stands for somebody's knowledge increasing. Isn't that great!!!?!?!!!

The more failed predictions we have on here, the smarter we are getting as a whole....

I know, it's a matter of perspective...

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

You make a very good point as well, but there are those on here that continue to make bad predictions with dates. It is one thing to think something may happen. It is another to say point blank THIS WILL HAPPEN.

I have nothing against predictions in general, as I stated above, I find them entertaining at best. You have been here awhile, and must have seen quite a few...Any really bad ones stand out?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
1) October 14th (2008) UFO
2) WWIII to begin on 8-8-2008 (at 8 am) in Georgia.
3) Cassini probe crashing on Earth (doomsday prediction for 1999)
4) NIBIRU to be seen naked eye from earth by may 2009. "PRROOOFF REAL FOOTAGE !!"
5) All computers behaving crazy on January 1st 2000.

It's been said there were at least 80 end-of-times predictions in XXth Century. I guess we're going to beat that mark by far this time.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by deathmetalofcourse

Great addition! Thank you for taking time out to contribute. Really just 80, I would have thought way more than that, and you may be right, the next couple years we will see many more...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Indeed I did come across a fair share of predictions here on ATS that, needless to say, never came to pass.

The blossom Goodchild drama still cracks me up...

But as much as there are prediction threads there are threads from people ranting about failed predictions. I am still not sure which one I find more entertaining....

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
am i correct in assuming this thread is basically a "suck it!" to the people who predicted the major events happening on the 20th?

I never believe predictions, you cant exactly predict the future, you can predict things set in stone, like orbits and such (no i dont believe in niburu or 2012 or any of that nonsense). but to say that a guy will do a thing on a certain date.... welll there is to much freewill to predict anything like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This list of failed ATS predictions could be the longest thread ever on the site. Or on any site for that matter.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Already did this a long time ago

Flares up every now and then

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join