It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Wants to "Track My Physical Location"??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
That's why it's always handy to keep a pair of scissors nearby when using the internet. If you feel sensitive data is leaking to the internet just grab the scissors and cut the Ethernet cable. An extreme measure, yes. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Haha! Hilarious

ELF communication and interception, eh? So you must work at the facility in Gakona, AK, huh?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xLogic

i guess maybe a pair of scissors would come in handy if you were actually still using ethernet cable.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xLogic
That's why it's always handy to keep a pair of scissors nearby when using the internet. If you feel sensitive data is leaking to the internet just grab the scissors and cut the Ethernet cable. An extreme measure, yes. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

well, the internet cable is faster than you, so you wouldnt be able to cut it in time @ lol

I would recommend just shutting down your computer ... modem/router, whatever

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
Now, I realize that this is the standard message that Chrome gives you when a site requests your location information... but why is ATS even requesting it?

We are initiating no such request from Google Chrome, or any other browser for that matter.

I'm not sure why you see such a message as there is no code on ATS that would do that. (We used to use the GeoIP look-up data to cross-reference IP information with country codes, but that was all on our server-end.)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I haven't seen it either. I wouldnt worry about it, just click deny.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
just in case you didn't know :
chrome tracking

and :
geolocation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join