It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Left Creating Fake Religious Sites.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Additionally, this site was founded in 2004:

About

Faithful America was founded on June 15, 2004, when Americans of faith raised $36,000 to place an advertisement on Arabic-language satellite television expressing regret to Muslims for the abuse committed by Americans at Abu Ghraib prison.

Since its foundation, Faithful America has mobilized its tens of thousands of members to take action on issues ranging from poverty to health care to Iraq. Our campaigns have provided African children with malaria-preventing mosquito nets, gathered thousands of signatures on petitions to the White House, and enabled thousands of people of faith to lobby their elected representatives in Washington to make moral decisions on issues from Guantanamo to Darfur.

I'm not sure I see the problem with it after reading over it more carefully. No, they don't talk about Jesus or God, but they talk abut FAITH. Many religions don't give a hoot about Jesus and don't call their deity "God".

People are confusing FAITH with Christianity. There are more faiths than Christianity. And as liberals, it seems natural that they are inclusive, reaching out ot Muslims and Jews, etc. Don't assume that "Faith" automatically means Christianity and that they must preach or say "Jesus" so many times per paragraph and have symbols of Christianity covering the page. I think they're being fairly straightforward. They're people of various faiths pushing humane causes around the world.

Religion used to be about helping other people. That's what this website seems to be trying to do. It's faith-based activism. These seem to be simply people of faith (different faiths) who are organizing for what they see as a better world.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think we are going to see many more of these transparently political sites being passed off as Faith sites. I suppose they soothe their consciences by telling themselves that the word "Faith" has many meanings.

they love to play with semantics, and im sure they will drive home that faith message, untill they start using more blunt words, like religion, king, god, political, etc etc, and mix into a state-religion

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jesus was actually an American, and to be more specific, he was a Texan. He spoke English, loves the Dallas Cowboys, and drives a pick up truck. Jesus did not drink either. He did not even take a baby sip when he turned all that water into wine.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The Founders fully expected men to be guided by their Faith FIRST

That's why the went out of their way to create a non-religious secular government

They wanted a religious nation but they knew the tyranny that unity between Church and State could bring because they all knew European history.

Anyone who's read the Constitution knows that the Founders were NOT guided by their religion or "Faith", if they had been Freedom of Religion wouldn't exist as it goes against the first commandment in the Bible. And why exactly aren't we stoning Witches in America? Exodus clearly states they shouldn't be allowed to live.

Faith should NEVER guide a politician, REASON should. Faith is what led to the 911 attacks. Faith is what leads men to pray instead of take appropriate action.

If we were to strike religion completely out of the halls of government, then only secularists would hold forth there.

And this is a problem how? As long as a politician doesn't use their religion to manipulate voters or violate the Constitution I could care less what faith they profess and I think most of America would agree. The issue isn't with what personal faith these men actually harbor but with how they use it to sway people into supporting them. Its also sad because most politicians have to pretend to be Christian and go to Church every Sunday just to earn their religious brownie points with the religious voters.

Keep politics and religion separate, each form of madness is bad enough by itself.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

John Adams and John Hancock:
We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus! [April 18, 1775]

John Adams:
“ The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principals of Christianity… I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.”

•"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --October 11, 1798

last quote is the important one.

'separation of church and state', to paraphrase someone else, was intended to protect the church from the government, not vice versa.

(didn't we cross paths on an evolution debate? I'll have to put you on my Respected Enemies list thing.)

ps; Christians live under a new post-Exodus covenant. Witch burning is out. Salem represented zeal without knowledge. Both sides can agree on how dangerous that can be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join