It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Left Creating Fake Religious Sites.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Again I'm misunderstood

This is not the same at all. You did not notice their attack on the Tea Party or anyone that does not agree with them? This is just another site pushing Obama's agenda under disguise. It reads like his talking points in fact.

We are all free to exercise our consciences when we vote, but to use religion out of context to influence peoples votes, while pretending to be primarily a religious site is just wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Again I'm misunderstood

No, I get where you're coming from, and I agree that the site is baiting the "faithful" in order to sell them a bunch of Liberal claptrap, as usual.

My point is, we can't dismiss religion from political discussions, and we can't filter religion out of politics in general. It's impossible.

The best we can do is counter the Left's chicanery with an equal degree of Truth, and hope that the American public has enough discernment to make the proper decisions this November.

Face it, those who are actually so mentally deficient as to buy into the Left's unsubstantiated rhetoric in the first place probably have no business voting, either

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I know it was childish but I just couldn't take that website seriously. It was the most thinly veiled propaganda I've ever seen, I couldn't resist.

Plus I figured that no human would ever lay eyes on it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Firstly, I agree with you completely, Blaine. Religion and politics should not mix.

I am myself a Christian and I would publicly speak out against any Religion becoming politically active.

Becoming publicly active? Religion has been publicly active for YEARS, and was at its height during the Bush years. Focus on the Family, The Moral Majority, the Christian Broadcasting Network... they're all well-known religio-political organizations. The Religious Right is a movement in itself. I don't know why it suddenly looks like this is a new thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Why is it that when we see religion paired with Conservatism many people don't think twice, but if the far left starts up a religious site uh-oh look out.

The fact is that religion and politics shouldn't mix on either side of the aisle but they do unfortunately end up mixing, there are liberal people of faith and conservative people of faith. The issue is when the politicians themselves use this to get elected and sway the gullible masses. After all if people are willing to believe the world was made in six days they will likely believe any words from a politicians mouth if that politician professes the same faith.

The problem is that this site is another Soros runs BS propaganda site that doesn't even mention Jesus. If this was serious religious diversity they would at least use the name Jesus one time. They're just using "faith" to further their agenda.

I guess the progressives felt it necessary to co-opt religion for their cause too. How....expected.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by melatonin

You are completely misrepresenting me here. Had you read my other posts you would have noted my venom extends to those on the Right using Religion in the same manner. Right or Left it is wrong.

Religion in government divides nations and government in religion divides religion.

Please don't place words in my mouth or thoughts in my head.

Even though I do subscribe to the Christian Faith you will find its membership is as diverse as America in its beliefs. These travesty's are the product of politics and false links to Religion for the purposes of propaganda to gain votes.

These people are fakes and phonies and it matters not which side it comes from. Anytime anyone, Left, Right or in between uses Religion as a political tool, my opinion will be the same.

"Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

I believe this mixes quite nicely with what our Constitution says.

I disagree religion does have a place in politics.The United States was founded on religious beliefs. People think religion is banned from government but in reality the constitution was meant to stop the federal government from establishing a religion thus allowing public officials to practice whatever religion they like.Knowing a candidates beliefs can give you a glimpse in to there personality.

Bottom line religion was not banned from interfering with government just the opposite government was banned from interfering with religion.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
After reading the posts and looking at the websight, here is what I can conclude.
In its purest idea, where there is a great injustice or an obvious inequality, the ideal of social justice is correct and should be used, not to terrorise or to cause discomfort among the general population, but to show that inequality in society that needs to be corrected. This concept is based in historical refernces from Mahattma Ghandi and Dr. Martain Luther King Jr, where the solution was a peaceful civil disobedience. They both understood that those in power would do everything in their power to discredit and show that what the movements were about would bring about the downfall of society. The other side would try to use everything to justify the immoral actions and try to stop the movements that were growing.
The concepts of seperation of church and state is one that goes back to the founding of the country, not cause the founding fathers were against religion, far from it, rather they were afraid of what they saw in Europe and in the early history of the colonies. France had set up colonies in Canada, but forbidd the hugonaughts from travelling there, during the reformation of the Roman Catholic church, many people were killed or imprisioned, the Inquisition would often superceed the normal due process of law, all in the name of doing it for the moral and spiritual well being of the country. Often, as they observed, the churchs would hold sway in a country where many of the laws would be set up to keep the common people down, to include having to tax people multiple times in the year, as one would go to the monarchy and the other would go to the church, with the church officials holding high offices in the government, and could bring about laws, and subjucate the population.
When ever there is a merging of politics and religion, there is a blending of something far worse than either parts. Religious ideas are often used to inspire laws, and in this modern day and age, used to justify on a moral level everything from policy to discrimination and persecution. This has been proven time and time again by many different laws from history to the modern day.
Most of the people who are 40 and younger were raised with the idea of equal justice for all, and the firm definitative idea of seperation of church and state. Every so often there are those who will try to combine the 2, but normally it is from the pulpit with some preacher or minister stating a view on one issue or another, but never has a politician used his office to try to manipulate the pulpit and churches. Religion and religious belief has often been a private affair with the people and the only time it has come up in politics is what the politician believes, and politicians will use their association with a particular group or faith to try to gather votes. This has been done by both sides. But it was the Bush adminstration who started to bring religion into the fold with his points of light and faith based inicitives where different religious organizations could get grants to help different communities and out reach there. While the idea is noble in its nature it was wrong then. Now that the other party is in office, they are taking a bad idea and twisting it to where it is now even worse and using the churches to push their agendas to try to get them to back such up on moral grounds. That is an abhorrent thought and idea on both parties side and they all need to take a step back. We can not have that wall between church and state broken, cause if it is, then the question then should be asked who is running the government, is it we the people or some minister or group of ministers, reminiscent of say Iran or any country that has a group of religious heads stating what is and is not permissible.
If you think about this, then it is opening that door where then a church can turn around and a minister from the pulpit promote some political idea, and there for can be protected, as long as it promotes the ideas of the current adminstration, but will that same protection be extended to those who would use the pulpit to speak out against said ideas. Is it equal justice that we seek or a perverted sense of social justice?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The Founders fully expected men to be guided by their Faith FIRST

That's why the went out of their way to create a non-religious secular government

They wanted a religious nation but they knew the tyranny that unity between Church and State could bring because they all knew European history.

Anyone who's read the Constitution knows that the Founders were NOT guided by their religion or "Faith", if they had been Freedom of Religion wouldn't exist as it goes against the first commandment in the Bible. And why exactly aren't we stoning Witches in America? Exodus clearly states they shouldn't be allowed to live.

Faith should NEVER guide a politician, REASON should. Faith is what led to the 911 attacks. Faith is what leads men to pray instead of take appropriate action.

If we were to strike religion completely out of the halls of government, then only secularists would hold forth there.

And this is a problem how? As long as a politician doesn't use their religion to manipulate voters or violate the Constitution I could care less what faith they profess and I think most of America would agree. The issue isn't with what personal faith these men actually harbor but with how they use it to sway people into supporting them. Its also sad because most politicians have to pretend to be Christian and go to Church every Sunday just to earn their religious brownie points with the religious voters.

Keep politics and religion separate, each form of madness is bad enough by itself.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

oh..you mean like fake names for republican laws passed...like the clear skys inititive, or the clean water act, that didn't do either...you mean like those??

What part of the fact I'm just as upset at the Republicans don't people understand? No way did you read anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yes I agree, but not in this manner. This is a step too far over the line for me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Your likely right about not many actually finding it, but how many of these are being peppered throughout the Internet; by both Parties for that matter? When either Party stoops to deception like this it gets under my skin.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

They are all wrong. I just don't think any Religion should pick a Party or be directly involved in influencing elections. For me I don't care if a Candidate worships Turnips if they are honest and work for the good of everyone and stay inside the bounds of the law and the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Exactly my point

Who knows how many ways they are using this by implying connections where none exist.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Even though I am a Christian, I would not want to live in a Christian Theocracy or even a US controlled by only one thought. We have lots of History of where that leads. Government needs to be separate and distinct. Yes we can consider Candidates personally based on our Faith but I don't want any Faith to use its influence this way.

However, in this case its a fake connection and a misuse of the word Faith.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What many of you are missing is that the two examples given by the OP are NOT mixing politics and religion.

They are political sites, POSING as religion. When you enter them you will see that their "mission," first and foremost, is furthering Obama's agenda.

Obama, however, is using religion to bolster his constituencies! He clearly seeks to co-opt religious leaders to abandon religion and faith for more secular objectives: incorporating his agenda into their own preaching and their own missions.

When religious leaders abandon trying to "save souls" in favor of saving elections, they've betrayed their church members and their God for the favor of another, false, god.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
This concept is based in historical refernces from Mahattma Ghandi and Dr. Martain Luther King Jr, where the solution was a peaceful civil disobedience. They both understood that those in power would do everything in their power to discredit and show that what the movements were about would bring about the downfall of society.

In this case, the Progressives often wrongly cite MLK. He was clearly the furthest thing from a Progressive. This is a orchestrated attempt to rewrite history. Imagine for a moment King being involved with a group like ACORN, SEIU or adopting any part of the idea of a Collective punishment or redemption.

This bunch is not even Liberal in the sense of the Democratic Party of my Parents. Imagine if President Kennedy were to run today. He would not be allowed within a mile of the door to the DNC. It was once a great Party with a strong sense of morality and justice, who fought for a true Social Justice. Not this bastardized version that want's to control everyone and everything they touch.

My Father if still alive would be in a rage about what happened to his beloved Party. He would not recognize it. The very thought a Democrat would lie in the manner we see today would have sent him through the roof.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Thank you and I see a couple have gotten the point of it all.

I'm guessing we will see many more of these pop up in the near future. It will become a tool of choice I'm sure.

It would be interesting to see their financial report and IRS status to see just how they are organized and the other names involved. I'll email them and ask. I've had a couple like this respond to such requests. The more radical ones tend to never answer requests though.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Religion has been publicly active for YEARS, and was at its height during the Bush years.

Um, I beg to correct.

The Religious Right rallies during the liberal administrations, that's why you see the pendulum effect of conservatism and liberalism in Washington. During Clinton's administration, for example, the Religious Right was on fire, declaring a War for the Soul of America.

During the W. Bush administration, the Religious Right was complacent and even distanced itself from the increasingly moderate Bush administration and the GOP turncoats in the Senate (such as John McCain).

See, during the Bush administration, it was the Liberal Left's turn to rally, to spew their hate-filled propaganda and "blame Bush" for everything until it just became ridiculous.

The Religious Right rallied under Clinton. The Liberal Left rallied under Bush.

See? That's the pendulum effect.

And you can bet your ASS that the Religious Right is gearing up for the mid-term and general elections during the Obama administration. This guy just gives them too much ammo. It's gonna be sweet.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
That's why the went out of their way to create a non-religious secular government

To create a secular government, indeed.

A secular government to protect the rights bestowed by a Creator? As stated in the founding documents?

No, government is not supposed to be devoid of religion or Faith. It can be brimming with religion, but the Constitution forbids that government from making any law that infringes upon the Freedom of Religion. So, one religion cannot usurp another by legislative or executive or judicial action, you see. The practice of religion cannot be banned, and it shouldn't be banned from government.

Our Freedom of Religion is to be protected from government interference, and the spirituality and Faith of those in power is not only permitted but encouraged.

Think of it like this. The brain controls the body, but the moment the hand reaches up and starts poking its fingers into the brain, you have a real problem. The brain SHOULD control the body, but the body SHOULD NOT tamper with the brain.

Now you may start to see the relationship of Religion to Government. Spirituality and Faith SHOULD permeate our halls of government, but the government SHOULD NOT tamper with Religion.

Thus the Separation of Church & State.

The Constitution castrates the Government's ability to legislate against Religion, as it SHOULD be. The Founders respected religion and man's spirituality and they understood full well the necessity of a higher authority than Man — even if that higher authority existed only in the mind of Man.

The IMPORTANT thing was to maintain reverence, to acknowledge Immutable Law, because Man's secular attempts at law were so contrived and transient.

Religion is essential in Government, because the buck really does stop with God.

Mankind will keep passing the buck and twisting and fabricating law until it's a hopeless mess, and we'll be in court arguing every goddamned decision for the rest of our lives. But if our foundation is Immutable Law, then we can make swift and sure decisions and keep moving.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The Religious Right rallies during the liberal administrations

True, but I am not talking about how much they rally. I'm talking about how powerful (or seemingly so) they were. During the Bush administration, the religious right was in its "hay day" (or seemed to be - actually they were being used by the Bush Administration). Their guy was in office. He wore his religion on his sleeve. He went to war for God. He was outspoken against abortion and stem cell research and he funded religious causes and catered to the religious right many times. I said the religious right were in power, not rallying to get into power.

Just as Obama's appointees generally reflect liberal and social values, Bush's reflected religious values. Influence of Religious Right on Bush Appointees

The Religious Right rallied under Clinton.

Yes, because they were "down". But liberalism prevailed under Clinton and Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join