It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible quiz time people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I have a few questions that I hope that the "enlightened" ones will answer:

How did the creator come into existence in the first place?

The holy bible sorta confuses me, I mean in the old testament god is shown to be a badass punishing nasty evil humans but in the new testament he is shown to be loving, benevolent and all.

Which one is real and what do ya suppose the reasons for the radical makeover?

Why would god place such a wuss "humans" at the zenith of his creation? Also why did he not grant us awesome lighting powers or something?

More will follow....for the moment I will leave you to chew on this.

(Note:I am looking for objective answers and I do not wish to attack anyone's beliefs...thank you)

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Life is not created, it exists,
it means the god is born from us,
through us, but always exsisted,
because our souls grow through history,
but history is a place in Truth (God),
that can never be erased.
but can be forgotten.

It means life can only be created from life,
and never from non life.
We come from God, but God comes alive through us,
at the same time.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasttheclouds
Life is not created, it exists,
it means the god is born from us,
through us, but always exsisted,
because our souls grow through history,
but history is a place in Truth (God),
that can never be erased.
but can be forgotten.

It means life can only be created from life,
and never from non life.
We come from God, but God comes alive through us,
at the same time.

All you are trying to do here is obfuscate the question. where did god come from?...do you expect me to believe he just magically appeared from nowhere?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
no, ofcourse i dont expect anything, that is your thing to do,
i just give u some things to think about, and i dont expect you
to understand it straight away.

Truth is something that does not have a start,
because it includes, not excludes.
God is another word for truth.
God symbolises Truth as Alive and as One.
There is only one Truth,
because all truths even when contradicting on first sight
are part of One whole Truth.
That Truth is Alive in Himself. So both static as dynamic.
That Truthneeds to be complete, which is paradoxal,
and thats why division exsists for His glory.

But Truth also needs to include the lies,
so in the paradoxal world, the inversion,
god actually has a start and an ending,
a choice and an incompletness.

Thats why the holy books have 2 faces,
and are read out of context, when to
read them you have to read them from Gods
perspective of being One.
People cannot see the paradox in the books,
they fight the paradox, when life is paradoxal,
and by being paradoxal, life becomes one.
In this life God is born through you.
]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonardo01

I thought that bible clearly states that God is eternal. It's a hard concept for human being to understand. Ex nihilo nihil fit.

About the slight attitude change between old and new testament: It becomes quite clear that Job demonstrated to God that man is actually capable of being more supreme in a conscious way. Then God wanted to become man, thus J.C was born. But it was epic fail because J.C didn't born out of "human". Virgin Mary was free of original sin, typical to whole mankind, hence she was not a human being in that sense. And she got pregnant from spirit. So J C wasn't actually man. Well the story then evolves so that now every human being is capable to become Christ or even greater.

In almost every religious tradition there is the story of god becoming man. I think it is because we have symbolized god according to our own hybris.

I know, it's all story with few implications in reality. But it's still a good book if you want to introduce yourself in psyche of christian world.

-v

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

no, ofcourse i dont expect anything, that is your thing to do,
i just give u some things to think about, and i dont expect you
to understand it straight away.

Truth is something that does not have a start,
because it includes, not excludes.
God is another word for truth.
God symbolises Truth as Alive and as One.
There is only one Truth,
because all truths even when contradicting on first sight
are part of One whole Truth.
That Truth is Alive in Himself. So both static as dynamic.
That Truthneeds to be complete, which is paradoxal,
and thats why division exsists for His glory.

I believe that you're confused and you fail to understand the very idea that you have postulated.The truth can never be a paradox, nor a half-truth and must stand up to objective scrutiny. There is nothing in history or otherwise that proves the existence of a "god" or a designer and the very size of the universe that confounds us shows that such a entity is highly implausible.

Just like art is a reflection of the artist,the same could be said of the world and your belief in the creator. The truth is then perhaps that the world is a reflection of a insidious and malevolent entity....Is this the truth that you state?....I would like a objective answer.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ofcourse u think im confused.
Thats why God comes on the clouds.
the sun only shines behind them.

rain makes plants grow,
but rain comes by clouds,
and clouds take away the sight.

Life is paradoxal, understanding that
makes it back one.

God can never hurt himself,
without sense, or he is useless
to himself. This alone is a paradox,
because he has to be independant
of needs, and still is in need.

succes in your search, never stop questioning.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

I thought that bible clearly states that God is eternal. It's a hard concept for human being to understand. Ex nihilo nihil fit.

About the slight attitude change between old and new testament: It becomes quite clear that Job demonstrated to God that man is actually capable of being more supreme in a conscious way. Then God wanted to become man, thus J.C was born. But it was epic fail because J.C didn't born out of "human". Virgin Mary was free of original sin, typical to whole mankind, hence she was not a human being in that sense. And she got pregnant from spirit. So J C wasn't actually man. Well the story then evolves so that now every human being is capable to become Christ or even greater.

In almost every religious tradition there is the story of god becoming man. I think it is because we have symbolized god according to our own hybris.

I know, it's all story with few implications in reality. But it's still a good book if you want to introduce yourself in psyche of christian world.

-v

My parents are catholic and I am well versed with the bible. I do understand these concepts but I do not accept anything without question

Lets us assume that such an entity exists and is eternal but what led to the creation of such an entity and did it just appear out of seemingly nothingness?... If nothing comes from nothing then where does god come from? ..Once again I would request you for an objective answer.Thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Ofcourse u think im confused.
Thats why God comes on the clouds.
the sun only shines behind them.

rain makes plants grow,
but rain comes by clouds,
and clouds take away the sight.

Life is paradoxal, understanding that
makes it back one.

God can never hurt himself,
without sense, or he is useless
to himself. This alone is a paradox,
because he has to be independant
of needs, and still is in need.

The truth is that you live on a placid plane of ignorance.

How do you know that god is a "he"?

Just because you see things that you fail to understand you claim this as being evidence of a god. The truth is perhaps more prosaic and the universe is nothing but a tempest of chaos.

I am not asking you to prove to me god exists but tell me where he came from...I would like proper answer that is comprehensible in English which will show me that I am talking to an intelligible being and not some obscure limerick like Nostradamus.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

if someone gives you something,
use it or not, but dont start to fight that
what is not an obligation.

if you use your thinking optimal,
you would know that i call God a he
for cultural reasons rather then
absolute reasons. I told you
Truth is God and God is Truth and Truth
is one, meaning including both He and She
as One.

Look, pro-active thinking is important
in trying to understand God or Truth,
and nobody can do that for you.

My english is not important.
If it is good or bad is not important.

Truth does not have a start,
but without a start it is not everything,
thats why truth is a paradox,
and for that reason this life exists,
the inversion of god.

Its not a bad idea to think before you react,
but i always was the same as you,
unpatient
)
take care you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

if someone gives you something,
use it or not, but dont start to fight that
what is not an obligation.

if you use your thinking optimal,
you would know that i call God a he
for cultural reasons rather then
absolute reasons. I told you
Truth is God and God is Truth and Truth
is one, meaning including both He and She
as One.

Look, pro-active thinking is important
in trying to understand God or Truth,
and nobody can do that for you.

Thank you for your insight. But you haven't answered my questions.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I did answer your question.

you state:
The truth is perhaps more prosaic and the universe is nothing but a tempest of chaos.

unlogical
chaos still comes together in one truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I did answer your question.

you state:
The truth is perhaps more prosaic and the universe is nothing but a tempest of chaos.

unlogical
chaos still comes together in one truth.

I have a really hard time getting past your grammar. It is "illogical" and not "unlogical"

"chaos still comes together in one truth."
The statement does not make any sense at all. What is your idea of the truth?(If you state your idea if the truth as being god then what is your definition of god in simple comprehensible and coherent English)Chaos has no definite purpose and certainly does not come together in " one truth". Making obscure statements like these only show that you do not actually do not know anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonardo01
Lets us assume that such an entity exists and is eternal but what led to the creation of such an entity and did it just appear out of seemingly nothingness?... If nothing comes from nothing then where does god come from? ..Once again I would request you for an objective answer.Thank you.

Hey Leo!

I'm not sure you quite got what v01i0 was saying. God is eternal- ie. had no beginning and will have no end. God didn't "come out of nothingness". God was always there.

PS: We DO have awesome lightning powers. I am able to chat with you from halfway around the world almost instantaneously. I can travel around in huge lumbering boxes that propel forward (and even fly) based off this awesome lightning power. So much power!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

If truth as absolute doesnt exist, you dont either.

I wish you good luck in your discussions,
im not usefull right now for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I understand these concepts very well as I am a "former" catholic. I will elucidate on the fallacy of these so called "truths" tomorrow. For now I will take your leave.Thank you for your responses.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
While not a Christian myself, I was raised as one, so I believe I can answer your questions from that viewpoint...

He's stated as being the alpha and omega, beginning and end, so basically, he always existed. He didn't come INTO existence, he IS existence (or, of course, this is the belief)

The holy bible sorta confuses me, I mean in the old testament god is shown to be a badass punishing nasty evil humans but in the new testament he is shown to be loving, benevolent and all.

Helps to know the history here... In the Old Testament, it's pretty much before the coming of Jesus, but being a dad seemed to have cooled God's temper a bit (kind of tongue in cheek here). Really though, Christians realized that as times were changing, the old "Fear God" idea didn't work as well as the "Love Jesus" angle.

Which one is real and what do ya suppose the reasons for the radical makeover?

Both are made up of "real" books. The Council of Nicaea was convened to basically decide which books to include in the Bible, as well as which books to throw out. In addition, the Council ruled on the claim that Jesus was indeed the son of God (different sects at the time, believed otherwise). I feel the reason was simply the church needed to solidify and change with the times.

Why would god place such a wuss "humans" at the zenith of his creation? Also why did he not grant us awesome lighting powers or something?

We do, by means of our intellect. We're using "lightning powers" to type over the Internet (i.e. electricity). We have dominion over the whole planet. What's "wuss" about that?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

God is existence.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thank you for all your posts....

One final question

Do you believe God is good or evil or is an elemental entity and would you advocate the proposition that the concept of good and evil does not truly exist as it is a very human point of view?

another way of putting this question is

do you believe in the benevolent, all-loving father that the bible proposes as god?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonardo01
Thank you for all your posts....

One final question

Do you believe God is good or evil or is an elemental entity and would you advocate the proposition that the concept of good and evil does not truly exist as it is a very human point of view?

good and bad - and right and wrong - those are human ideas.

good and evil on the higher level of thinking is perhaps as elementary as light and darkness.

as for believing if GOD is good or evil or a benevolent father figure or anything else.....i personally just believe GOD IS

here is an idea close to how i perceive GOD but not exactly and not completely:

Abraxas

"There is a God about whom you know nothing, because men have forgotten him. We call him by his name: Abraxas. He is less definite than God or Devil....

"Abraxas is activity: nothing can resist him but the unreal.... Abraxas stands above the sun[-god] and above the devil.... If the Pleroma were capable of having a being, Abraxas would be its manifestation."
—2nd Sermon

"That which is spoken by God-the-Sun is life; that which is spoken by the Devil is death; Abraxas speaketh that hallowed and accursed word, which is life and death at the same time. Abraxas begetteth truth and lying, good and evil, light and darkness in the same word and in the same act. Wherefore is Abraxas terrible."
—3rd Sermon

Jung

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join