It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convert Stocks to Gold? Need a straight forward answer please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Honestly, I go from totally buying into this New World Order stuff (it seems obvious enough to me) to waking up the next day and hoping it isn't true. I just want to enjoy my life, for crap sake. But the whole thing kind of wakes me up at night and I think, am I prepared?

I'm trying to do my research, but I find the whole monetary aspect of this a little above my head, as I'm sure a lot of people do. I need an honest answer from someone who has some credibility. Has anyone who is on "our side" with some financial acumen told us to sell stocks and invest in gold, land, etc? Is there someone whose name my husband might recognize to lend my argument credibility so I don't look like a total idiot in front of my husband?

I recently converted some money from bonds to stocks. (Thanks to our financial advisor). We don't have a whole lot (four kids in college at the same time. feel sorry for me yet?) but what we do have feels unsafe to me at the moment in stocks.

So, am I supposed to walk downstairs and tell my husband (who has learned about the NWO from me and it takes only half-seriously) that we are selling our stocks and investing in gold? Will I just look like the star of Conspiracy Theory to him?

I just watched Alex Jone's "Obama Deception," and despite what you might or might not think of him, that was a pretty convincing documentary. I'm thinking I only have my feet half into this conspiracy water. I don't want to think someday that I was warned and just sat on my hands, hoping it was all a big joke.

What would you do here?

Thanks....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm 17. And although the NWO may or may not be true, don't take anything to heart.

Once you take something to heart, you now have created expectations for that particular thing. Once expectations are created, you now have created the space to be let down. When you are let down, its depressing.

If you are going to take it seriously, sell everything and move onto a small secluded piece of land and get a few people (docs, construction worker, cook, so on) and get them to come with you.

Create you own little self sustainable community.

If you are just going to stay in your current area and only invest in gold, you will be let down.

Go the whole way or don't go at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Divorce him. Nah just kidding I watched that documentary too and it has some compelling information in it. Honestly what I think in this whole New World Order thing, money is the least of your worries. There is a reason why they are pushing towards a certain design/structure it will just be the elite rich, then the rest of us. My thoughts are it makes no difference how much gold you have, as in place will be a different system altogether. There will be opportunity for everyone to work, and to make a "living" My question to you and everyone else is Why do you want to live in their world? Do you think it will be worth it?
Really it comes down to 2 things. Submit or Die. If you submit, they'll find work for you.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No financial expert but isnt gold at a near all time high? If so you can expect it will lose value rather than gain value as your stocks and bonds may or may not be. I would advise against buying gold right now if your worried about a collapse buy alot of food that you normally eat but keeps well,ie penut butter,rice,beans,flour,salt etc,these will serve you much better in a collapse. Maybe buy a portion of your portfollio in gold but really I personally look for gold to go down,lets see what some others say though.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have been investing in gold since 1975 and have been very astute financially as a result of it.

First of all , one should always have diversity in their portfolio. It has always been recommended to have at least 10% invested in Gold.

Gold is a great inflation hedge.

What is often times overlooked is that Gold isnt man made and will always be in limited supply and will always maintain its value where as paper money and stocks can potentially become worthless.

Gold is actually what the Worlds central banks use to hold their wealth. The central banks print the worlds money.

Gold will not lose value as long as more and more paper money is being printed in tremendous amounts to keep our government as well as other Governments (such as Greece) afloat.

Gold is nowhere near its top , unless a chunk of gold suddenly fell out of the sky thereby drastically increasing supply which is unlikely to happen.

I invested in significant amounts in June 2006 when the price of one ounce was $580. and have since doubled my investment.

How did your stocks in general fare during that period ?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
BUY BUY BUY or maybe buyer beware! If you buy gold you will more than likely be buying a piece of paper saying you own gold, when in fact Wall street has done the same with gold as they have with credit. For every dollar they actually had in the vault they lent out 100, and for gold it was also 100oz sold for every oz in the vault.

What is worse is that they started charging people storage fee's for gold if you actually wanted to buy the real thing and have it stored safely. Problem was they used this same philosophy as they could then charge for the gold storage without having to pay storage themselves. They made MILLIONS!

If you buy real gold that is actually in a safe, (safety deposit box) then you also runt he risk of the US government confiscating it when the collapse actually arrives! READ

I would buy gold jewellery 22 or 24 carat only. 9c is tin the best bet is to buy land overseas! central or South America.

Oh and do NOT buy diamonds, they are worthless, pretty but worthless!. The market is totally artificial.

[edit on 18/7/2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Yeah but are you buying gold right now,while its what nearly $1300 an ounce? They very well could find a new deposit of gold plus what if the economy does recover,gold will definantly go down if it does and it could go way down. Do I advise entirely against gold no way it'll always have value but is RIGHT NOW the time to get in? I like what the other poster said and its what I do,buy some jewelry or gold and silver coins,silver is also an alternative to gold more readily available with many industrial uses. My advice to the op be very very careful should you get in the gold world. A gold stock is not gold only gold is gold I wouldnt buy any gold I couldnt keep at home.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You must make your own financial decision.

Advice is not gold but silver. No paper, just hard metal in your hand.

Several reasons, first easier to obtain, cheaper, but most of all it is used industrially. So Selling is much easier you actually already have a buyer.

TRENDS RESEARCH INSTITUTE - GERALD CELENTE
www.trendsresearch.com
this is a good place to start.

First, Water then food, then BARTER Items , then asset protection.

new topics

top topics

join