It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS's vast new ObamaCare powers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lost in Taxation.
If it seems as if the tax code was conceived by graphic artist M.C. Escher, wait until you meet the new and not improved Internal Revenue Service created by ObamaCare. What, you're not already on a first-name basis with your local IRS agent?

National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson, who operates inside the IRS, highlighted the agency's new mission in her annual report to Congress last week. Look out below. She notes that the IRS is already "greatly taxed"—pun intended?—"by the additional role it is playing in delivering social benefits and programs to the American public," like tax credits for first-time home buyers or purchasing electric cars. Yet with ObamaCare, the agency is now responsible for "the most extensive social benefit program the IRS has been asked to implement in recent history." And without "sufficient funding" it won't be able to discharge these new duties.

This part gets my blood boiling, To audit Americans to see who has and who doesn't have health insurance, This is just WRONG: That wouldn't be tragic, given that those new duties include audits to determine who has the insurance "as required by law" and collecting penalties from Americans who don't. Companies that don't sponsor health plans will also be punished. This crackdown will "involve nearly every division and function of the IRS," Ms. Olson reports.

Well, well. Republicans argued during the health debate that the IRS would have to hire hundreds of new agents and staff to enforce ObamaCare. They were brushed off by Democrats and the press corps as if they believed the President was born on the moon. The IRS says it hasn't figured out how much extra money and manpower it will need but admits that both numbers are greater than zero.
Source: online.wsj.com...
www.drudgereport.com...

I'd like to add, ObamaCare is going to be the death of so many businesses. Small, medium and large businesses will either go out of Country or just wither and die on the vine.

We don't need the IRS involved in our lives. The IRS is already involved more than it needs to be.
DAMN Government

[edit on 18-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And this from www.boston.com... With cost rising, small companies turning to state.
The relentlessly rising cost of health insurance is prompting some small Massachusetts companies to drop coverage for their workers and encourage them to sign up for state-subsidized care instead, a trend that, some analysts say, could eventually weigh heavily on the state’s already-stressed budget.

OK, The small companies are going to disappear, the Mom and Pop companies and the middle of the road companies are going to die.

This is not good, this will kill America

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Any chance this garbage can be abolished in 2012?

The plan is to have everyone working for the government or big business (they are really the same anyway). What better way than to keep pushing policies that will lead to more unemployment while at the same time creating new government jobs with our own tax payer money. Genius!

Get these clowns out of office.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
About the only hope we have is that the people elect representatives that repeal that dastardly law,and all the other anti-constitutional laws that have been passed in the past 10 years or so.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Numerous investors, businesses and solar industry consultants involved or familiar with Chinese and other foreign investments in Arizona’s solar landscape declined or refused to comment on the nature of that financing and why many of the deals are kept private.

www.bizjournals.com...

Seems China is taking part in ATS to Guohua. that is a Chinese name right. So what is your agenda?

Confucius Institute at Arizona State University
The Arizona State University Confucius Institute offers a sustained source of knowledge about China for Arizona citizens through the following programs:

* Faculty exchanges between ASU and Sichuan University

* Public, socially embedded Chinese language and culture programs

* Symposia and lectures related to China

* K-16 Chinese language programs

* Professional training programs for teachers of Chinese in Arizona

* Support for overseas study for graduate students

* An intensive Chinese language summer program in Chengdu, Sichuan

ASU CI extends connections to the business community and actively seeks partnerships with local business professionals and corporations to offer Chinese culture and language training.

themandarincenter.org...

Is Arizona going Chinese?

Right-wing absurdly claims U.S. "apologizing" to China because of Arizona immigration law
May 17, 2010 7:19 pm ET by Kate Conway

Right-wing bloggers and Rush Limbaugh are pushing an absurd distortion of an AP report on a meeting on human rights to claim that the U.S. "apologized" to China over the Arizona immigration law. In fact, nothing in the reports indicates that the U.S. "apologized" to China.

mediamatters.org...

Whats up with China and Arizona?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

yeah...minimal health care for american people...we need the money for more military spending...more corporate profits...F the regular american person...let him pay for health care out of his own minimum wage paycheck...if people get sick...just let them die, their weak anyway, right?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by guohua

yeah...minimal health care for american people...we need the money for more military spending...more corporate profits...F the regular american person...let him pay for health care out of his own minimum wage paycheck...if people get sick...just let them die, their weak anyway, right?

That's such a powerful argument because it actually works.

Giving the government more power isn't the only way to better ourselves as a civilization. It might seem great at times but it will only lead to corrupt individuals getting in office. And who is really getting taken care of by government working with big business?

Military spending has NOTHING to do with this, period.

The government will soon have the potential to tax people for being fat, for smoking, for eating unhealthy. I'm sorry if someone feels they need big brother to come show them the way, but I'll do fine thanks. And I'm not fat and don't eat unhealthy, but I support the rights of others to be fat and eat unhealthy.

More faceless federal agencies that you'll never see isn't going to help.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I see this is the Third thread of ours you have posted this to, are you Stalking my wife or just not sure of yourself?
I see my wife had already reply to you in another thread here at ATS that you posted the exact same thing on.
Your weird, you think A S U is the only University that does that.
This as nothing to do with the thread, are you a Troll or a Stalker?

Besides, if you'd had been a FireFly fan you would know, it's best to learn Chinese now rather than later.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

It needs to be repealed before the American people believe it is a give me program, a freebie from the so called rich to the poor.
I truly believe every working person in America will be effected and in a Negative way.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Come On! No one is left out in the cold to die now, there is health care, no hospital E.R. can turn you away.

Don't worry about giving extra monies to the military complex and not being able to afford health care, join the armed forces and get your health care for free. Get an education in the military and get a good job and you'll be able to afford health care like the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think your reply on the other thread is interesting. So I figured I would post it here. So China wants the Republicans in office?

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes, Guohua is a Chinese name and yes I am Chinese by birth.
Until I meet my husband, if you'd taking the time to read our profile, I'm sure you'd see I have no agenda other than being an American which I'm very proud of being now. I will be the best American I can be and now I can vote, you should be assured I will not vote for Obama and nor will my husband.

I really hope you were asking that stupid question about my agenda as a joke, you really don't need to be afraid of little old me
just ask my husband.

Years ago, I will admit I had an agenda when I worked for the Chinese Peoples party, But no different than my husband who had an American agenda working for the American Government at the time we meet.

I Love America and hurts my heart to see what your Liberal Party and Obama as done to it.

And by the way, your Obama Administration did apologizes. The United States and China met over the weekend for a 2-day round of talks meant to move the Chinese government toward improving its human rights record. The talks had no real result except for laying the groundwork for more talks to come – and the bombshell that the American delegation brought up the Arizona immigration law as an example of American human rights abuses. From the AP:

Posner said in addition to talks on freedom of religion and expression, labor rights and rule of law, officials also discussed Chinese complaints about problems with U.S. human rights, which have included crime, poverty, homelessness and racial discrimination.

My father who still resides in China and still works for the Chinese Government, also heard about this Apology.
I will not say anything else other than America is my home and after every thing my husband went through to get his family to America, I can Dislike Illegals Very Much.

Source:wellsy.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I think your reply on the other thread is interesting. So I figured I would post it here. So China wants the Republicans in office?

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes, Guohua is a Chinese name and yes I am Chinese by birth.
Until I meet my husband, if you'd taking the time to read our profile, I'm sure you'd see I have no agenda other than being an American which I'm very proud of being now. I will be the best American I can be and now I can vote, you should be assured I will not vote for Obama and nor will my husband.

I really hope you were asking that stupid question about my agenda as a joke, you really don't need to be afraid of little old me
just ask my husband.

Years ago, I will admit I had an agenda when I worked for the Chinese Peoples party, But no different than my husband who had an American agenda working for the American Government at the time we meet.

I Love America and hurts my heart to see what your Liberal Party and Obama as done to it.

And by the way, your Obama Administration did apologizes. The United States and China met over the weekend for a 2-day round of talks meant to move the Chinese government toward improving its human rights record. The talks had no real result except for laying the groundwork for more talks to come – and the bombshell that the American delegation brought up the Arizona immigration law as an example of American human rights abuses. From the AP:

Posner said in addition to talks on freedom of religion and expression, labor rights and rule of law, officials also discussed Chinese complaints about problems with U.S. human rights, which have included crime, poverty, homelessness and racial discrimination.

My father who still resides in China and still works for the Chinese Government, also heard about this Apology.
I will not say anything else other than America is my home and after every thing my husband went through to get his family to America, I can Dislike Illegals Very Much.

Source:wellsy.wordpress.com...

As my husband would say, That's None Of Your Business

I don't really have a party I'm affiliated with as of today. I will vote for whom I think is the best person to lead America back to greatness and repeal much of what Chairman Obama has put in place to hinder the growth of America.
That's how I see things and I will be watching and studying and looking into the back grounds of the people I want to vote for.

Do You Have A Problem With That?

Edit to add: Please stop trying to derail thread fro your on agenda.

new topics

top topics

join