It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro appears again, warns of nuclear war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro took his warning of impending nuclear war to Cuba's Foreign Ministry on Friday, where he explained the reasons for his dire prediction in his fifth public appearance in 10 days.

Castro's sudden re-emergence after four years in seclusion for health reasons has raised questions about his intentions, but his message has been consistent -- a devastating war is at hand if the United States, in alliance with Israel, tries to enforce international sanctions against Iran for its nuclear activities.

He also has predicted the United States will attack North Korea.

"The United States finds itself now in an unsolvable dilemma (in the Middle East). It cannot get out, nor can it stay," Castro told 115 ambassadors, who listened with rapt attention.

"It won't get out of that situation through diplomacy, but through the power of its arms," he said, pointing his finger in the air and pontificating at length as in the old days.

Castro, 83, spoke for more than an hour as he sat in front of the ambassadors. He looked fit, relaxed and fully in charge as he took questions and read numerous news reports to back up his position.

www.reuters.com...

Castro writes opinion columns, or "Reflections," for Cuba's state-run media that in recent weeks have focused on his prediction that nuclear war will soon break out, sparked by a conflict between the United States and Iran over international sanctions against Iran's nuclear activities.

"The empire is at the point of committing a terrible error that nobody can stop. It advances inexorably toward a sinister fate," he wrote on July 5.

The "empire" is how Castro usually refers to the United States, his bitter foe from the time he took power in Cuba in a 1959 revolution.

In a column published on Sunday night, Castro said the "principal purpose" of his writings has been to "warn international public opinion of what was occurring."

He said he has reached his dire conclusion based in part on "observing what happened, as the political leader that I was during many years, confronting the empire, its blockades and its unspeakable crimes."

The columns have attracted little attention internationally and caused little reaction in Cuba, but Castro promised to continue his lonely fight to warn the world of the coming disaster.

"I don't hesitate in running risks of compromising my modest moral authority," he wrote on Sunday. "I will continue writing 'Reflections' about the topic."

I wonder if we should take him serious on this, I mean I think we should listen to Castro's warning. What do you all think?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I don't know if we can take him seriously or not. He has been very consistent on many of his views but I wonder how he comes to the conclusion that nukes are the weapon of choice.

Will we attack Iran and North Korea? I'm pretty sure that will come about, but why the nuke? Either he has good information, keen foresight or he is way off.

I hope it doesn't come true but I actually believe this is possible.

If you believe in God, I would be praying right now!

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 18-7-2010 by sheepslayer247]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura Navy seal, and state Governor, who interviewed Castro at one time, said he was an extrememly intelligent and perceptive man.
He gave examples, including pointing out that Castro had stood up to the US for several administrations successfully.

I would think that if Castro is making this point repeatedly it is because he feels the evidence supports this. Why bother to make the point otherwise?

It wouldn't be the first time the US and co. has jumped a little country that wasn't it turned out, guilty as charged.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I wouldn't writeoff his words...

Maybe if the internet was around back in the 60's and 70's we would have heard the truth about Cuba and today hold a different view of Castro...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Castro probably should not have used date clues as to when he felt this was all going to go down. The World Cup is now over, and there was no joy to his prediction that the crisis would come before the final.

So, he simply joins the long list of people who have set a date for the end of the world as we know it...only to be proven wrong.

He is likely right that the US and Israel will pound Iran in the not too distant future. Will they use nukes? Don't think so.

Will they attack North Korea in the short term? Don't think so...they will wait to see how the successor to Kim Jong Il turns out.

I think that his recent outbursts are more about him wanting to still be relevant, than about him actually having any special knowledge or insight.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
www.periodico26.cu...

Here is Castro's letter.
He makes no definitive prediction for this to occur during the world cup
He just observes the conditions that exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Castro is going senile. He is a paranoid old man that seems to have forgotten that the cold war ended. I don't take anything he has to say seriously. There won't be another war, no one can afford to go to war. And using nukes? Everyones knows that if a nuke is used, even once, all of them will be used. It's nuclear winter, good night for the entire world. It will never happen, simply because it can't. Our world leaders may be corrupt and greedy, but they are not insane. Nukes are only used as scare tactics. They will never actually nuke someone.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Castro is going senile...

...Our world leaders may be corrupt and greedy, but they are not insane.

Good thing senility does not inflict leaders with nuclear weapons. I guess it is also good no one in Iran is crazy.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Our world leaders may be corrupt and greedy, but they are not insane. Nukes are only used as scare tactics. They will never actually nuke someone.

Umm, Hiroshima and Nagasaki ring a bell?????

And if you read up, some say the US didn't need to drop them..

Japan was finished anyways...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Mr. Casto is frankly a nutjob. Nuclear War may or may not happen, but I doubt he'd be one of the 'informed' prior to the event.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
if you are to take anything seriously, take it from a dying man who literally has nothing to lose from telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I dont know,he was smart enough to not let the powers that be kill him on numerous times,why say it if its not true.If a country was building special cancers to put in my food,id want to tell of there plans and this is the second time he has said it.Anyone see that meeting with russia/venezuela and iran.Its looking like there going to stick it to america this time.
I know chavez and castro would be in contact and possible good friends? maybe ,maybe not? But with the Americian troops spred so far and wide,would this be check mate on America? I think you can forget the english army this time and how many countries will stand beside america if there destruction is assured? My final point is nukes is all whats left to drop. But them again what do i know?
There probably all good mates behind closed doors but going by that meeting id be freaked if i lived in america

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
russia has placed bombers in venezuela as well,this is geting intresting with build up of military and all!! I for one think castro might be right!

new topics

top topics

join