It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about ESP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm usually skeptical, but I'm willing to give this one a chance. I really want to believe this, so i'm willing to try to learn it firsthand.

1. Can anyone learn this?
2. How long would it take to learn this?
3. Are there are good free websites for learning this?
4. Does it only work if I suspend all disbelief?
5. How accurate is it (basically, can I read a person's exact thoughts, or is it vague)?
6. Does it become more accurate with practice?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
I'm usually skeptical, but I'm willing to give this one a chance. I really want to believe this, so i'm willing to try to learn it firsthand.

5. How accurate is it (basically, can I read a person's exact thoughts, or is it vague)?

Hey how's it goin'. I really dislike that word skeptical as its context is usually used to announce that one posesses reasoning, which doesn't really need to be said. Everyone has reasoning, its just different! And that crosses into such a topic like this... so you know... in my own reasoning, such things happen, are integral to the big picture, and that reasoning is formulated from my experiences, and observation and repeated results. Sounds reasonable enough! However.. man.. there was a good thread on this... I won't get into that... realizing you can't really firmly grasp anything anymore as it serves as a block, an achor... you use what you can, experience with it, and let it grow... your beliefs and ideals, don't be afraid to let them expand... that being said.... reasoning..reasoning... only as it pertains to some life decision do I really care... I don't believe nor do I dis-believe, but its all open for interpretation, change, but some have a tendency to solidify more then others. Again, won't touch that one, the topic of convincing yourself of reasoning and your own sanity.
That's for everyone to figure out on their own!

Why am I even bothering bringing that up? Because IMO the whole topic you present is a way of life... its not just a skill but an integrated understanding.... that I could not explain linearly but if I were to draw my understanding or perception of things, it would be like spherical / multidimensional grid, with points branching off and looping back into each other... a paradoxical perfect system that you know, i'm surprised at the degree of which its scoffed at because this universal consciousness thing really ties up the loose ends. I'm being vague and I could discuss this for hours.

But in my experience... all of these questions are related to understanding who you are as a person... forget the world around you or such things... the understanding of that springs forth from the deeper understanding of what it really is to be YOU.. Make yourself a more healthy being, healthy of mind... I dont mean some religious purity but rather discipline, clearing house... decluttering the processor, training it... understanding the origins and reactions of a simple THOUGHT.. a feeling, an emotion and how that pertains to life.. Understand what seems like simple questions of existence and in time you may begin to pick up on ideas you already had but ignored, senses you ignored because you did not understand.

There's my opener. With that being said. I'll now get into something more concrete.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
To me ESP is more of your intuition, and your intutition is always growing. Its just wheather or not your paying attention. Everyone is different so I dont think you can actaully teach someone how to feel intutition. You just feel it, I observe facial expression, body language, tone of voice. If you can observe all that while listening to what they are saying you can then draw a conclusion on whats going to happen next. I also think it depends on how empathic you can be. I for the longest time I didnt know just how empathic I was or how sensitive I was untill I was 18 or so and actually understood what it ment to be empathic, and sensitive. When I was 11 I remember crying one night for no real reason, I couldnt understand why the tears we flowing, I didnt really have any reason to be so upset as I was, Untill the next day I saw my bestfriend at school and she told me how she was feeling so sad and had cried the whole night. Im so sensitive to other peoples emotions that I can literally feel those emotion almost as if they were my own. For instance, have you ever walked into a room and the tension in the air from two or more people can be felt? Almost as if its choking you? Well if not thats how I feel when I walk into a room after an obvious arguement of somekind. The air feels really thick and heavy and I just feel so uncomfortable.I cant stand watching horror movies, because I get so engulfed into the characters that if one of them gets stabbed in the throat, I will literally feel a sharp pain in my throat. Or if they get sliced in half at the waist, my stomache will start to hurt. I dont know if anyone else is like that, but I am and I use to think that I was crazy or that I was being to dramatic, but Ive finally come to terms that I do feel these things and I dont care how it makes me look. Its just the way I am. So with that being said no I dont think you have to give up on all your beliefs, I think you have to expand them... never stop asking yourself why. With more questions that start with why and the more answers you learn to be true for you the better your understanding.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

1. I'm not sure, as I don't know what everyone individually has to work with. I can speculate such theories of evolving equal consciousness interlinked, of which seems so true to me but my only concern is what I can do with such ideas... what practicality I can get from it and hope to impart that on others if it is true. So... I don't know.. sure.. everyone has different opinions like genetic factors, which I think arent' issues at all given what I have observed. I don't know you, but i'm going to go ahead and say I bet you could learn it, and accomplish quite a lot. Don't underestimate your ability to learn and self-discipline.

2. For me its been an on-going process. I've noticed there is a huge perspective and sensory change over the course of a year, its been 4 years since I started meditating and exploring these ideas. For some people it may be automatic, like a trigger.. others may never accomplish it in this lifetime because they lack some understanding or simply refuse to trust in these ideas because of some indoctrinated self-doubt of a differing view of life.

3. There's enough sites that will tell you little techniques to practice but nothing beats a conceptual pointer, opinions from peers. You really do all learning by yourself, what others teach you is always up to your final interpretation and application. If I had to suggest a place to start... meditation...learn to meditate very simply, its the base of disciplining the factors involved with such things though some people do it fine without it, it certainly helps. and develops your awareness of your environment. It gives you a more efficient mind and understanding of its workings.

4. I don't know, does it? To me metaphysics is like walking the path of stubbornness. You think you know, but you continue to doubt and get results hammered into your head. I can speak of one sensory thing I have that I kind of only really started to notice last year and its at the point where I feel like 90% trust in it as being legitamate..but I still have my doubts.. its part of the ego.. the "reasoning".. for human existence I wouldn't say that's a bad thing to posess.. not unless you just want to paint yourself red, grow a long beard, sit on a rock and meditate the rest of your life.

I'm skipping 5 for now.

6. Back to my opening post.. you kind of put the pieces together within your own mind, you work on understanding what it means to be you, why you think, how you react etc etc... really, throw away the spiritual persuit... you're jumping ahead... just work on exploring yourself, ideas, with an open mind... whatever revelations come out of it get YOU.. you don't have to chase after them. You don't GET WISE... you just be humble..admit that you could be wrong...and observe.. new ideas come and you embrace the posibilities... that's how you get wise my friend. What does this have to do with accuracy of ESP? Again, a whole integrated system of living, and thinking, feeling... self-doubt is a huge factor, its your reasoning but reasoning finds itself in a reasonable place once what happening "makes sense"...based on the details of your reasoning. To me this in conjunction with mental discipline and expansion of awareness by removing the clutter, fear, insecurity, overanalyzing..chooseing when to think rather then have a chaotic mind... all sorts of things... clarity expands and the senses I passed off as nothing before begin to become more noticeable to the point of irritation and distraction, electronics / wires/magnetism can be irritating.. metals next to skin and then of course people and what they "put out there". And no, its not anxiety and some sensitive "i have issues" thing, if you look into it seriously. Give yourself some credit.. you devote yourself to removing such insecurities through your discplinary lifestyle. It doesn't make sense that you would all of a sudden develop such a "dissorder" when you become so much more ..."chill"...

What i'm saying dude is a little discipline opens pandoras box, because it can be rough what you become aware of... however you interpret it as..."ESP".. or "anxiety".. but it may arise as a result of meditation.

It's a way of life for me, because I have new things I sense and have to balance for.. I mean I don't have to, but If I do I'll always be calm, open, clear, healthy, you get the point.

I won't elaborate further, you get the idea... try not thinking of it like a SKILL.. and think of it more like a result... like... you notice how your senses dull after a cup of coffee.. you become more aloof, don't notice things etc.... think of it as a result of a sobering process for the most part.. you train it, but it really is like sobering up from drug you don't know is even inhibiting you right now.. so sober up!

5. How accurate.. that's a tough one and in my opinion, if you can get to the level of 95% accuracy there's probably no doubt in your mind what you are doing. For me it's fleeting moments and no I can't read someone's mind but I'll hear words they're about to say... I can feel the energetic shift... I'll think about a topic and then feel if they picked up on and think "damn, they're going to bring that up".. and it works both ways, I can pick it off them and surprise them.. I never do though but I should call people on it more, just to freak em out. So to me its more like feeling the shifts in environment, like a chance in air pressure but you feel it and there is an interpretation attached to it that comes instantly. For me I can think of a person, and the same way I can feel my energy, I can feel theres.. I can feel their mood and I haven't verified this enough for accuracy.. but I can sense tension/hostility and the latter being peace and good will towards you etc.. for instance I had a really bad falling out with an ex girlfriend some months ago, I wanted to make peace so bad but that woman was a fierce one!.. anyways.. a few days ago I thought of her and did the sensing thing and felt a benevolence, not just peace but like a happyness towards me.. and i was like wow... 2 days later she messaged me all happy saying she wasn't mad anymore, that she liked my art, that she wanted to hang out etc..

So you know.. this is just one example... its kind of like sensing changes in air pressure... or feeling a certain way thinking about a person that is removed from your own emotional bias.. to simply observe without a preconceived idea.

Another cool one is I know when people are listening to my conversation and from what direction and how they feel about it, i catch em and its funny.. again.. just like feeling a change in the air along with an interpretation that comes to mind, you dont have to look for it, it bombards your perception.

There's a whole bunch of other things really but what stands out as how simple it is to me and how I was noticing these things all the time throughout my life, i was just too unaware to notice them.... its like when it happened in the past you're like "oh, thats stange, i wonder if??"..*new thought enters your mind and you forget*... but years later after all the discipline you're like "oh..... OHHHHH... HMM... MAYBE..thats possible..".. and then it happens 100+ more times before you stubbornly accept there may be something to it as novelty.. before it becomes something tangible you can work with.. I'm only interested if I can rely on that sense. I get "visuals" all the time, but they sure as hell aren't always right.

I hope any of that sheds some light on the process involved. Its different for everyone I imagine, as it has much to do with your interpretation, discipline, awareness and just who you know yourself as a person. Some people are simply born with it, but if you ask me, you look in their eyes and they just look more "here"... then most. More attentive.

Anyways, peace. Feel free to ask more and i'll give my opinion based on experience. I have no answers, just ideas you can use.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

That's it really eh? Just keep asking yourself WHY.. like you said.

Your experiences are a lot like mine. I'm very aware of my environment. Took me a while to realize I was feeling other people's anxiety. It was cool having a friend I could relate too, we'd be somewhere standing in line and i'd say to him "Holy sh%& you feel that man?" we'd laugh "what the hell is wrong with these people, insecure!.." and we'd look around sense around "its that guy!"

Public transit can be brutal for that. I mean, you don't even have to feel the person or hardly notice them.. you could be meditating, or half asleep, eyes closed, hardly heard them sit down next to you and then KDJFKDJF " whoa buddy!"

My ex really hammered the idea into my head to FEEL.. rather then THINK about my intuition, but to FEEL it. Can't remember her exact explanation but it helped. I wasn't really embracing the whole idea of it.. identifying it as FEELING.

I used to use tarot cards for about a year, it was an interest, which became an obsession, but as of a few months ago and more accurately, more recently, I find my own devices more reliable. Just sensing people, sensing the environment.. the very THEME of life currently happening.. how does it feel.. does life feel right and good.. is there any call for change that the mind is resisting?

The mind THINKS it knows, tries to convince that it knows based on biases and structure.. but intuition just FEELS.. it cares not for right or wrong.. its like "i just feel this dammit, interpret it however you want".

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

You may be skeptical because you have not had many such experiences naturally. Here's a question(s) for you to ponder.

Does one have such experiences because they believe first, or does one believe because they have the experiences first? Or do they come one and one together? Kinda like the chicken and the egg question.

Re telepathy: Some people are good receivers and senders. Some strong receivers, weaker senders, and vice versa.

I think such skills are thrust upon people, a person 7 feet tall will get a chance to handle a basketball; a big husky individual will probably try out for football. A pretty girl may join the acting club. They would be "directed" because of a natural preexisting talent.

Wish I could tell you about myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wanna learn it? Come in and find out...

Your Spiritual Revolution I: Introduction

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
Wanna learn it? Come in and find out...

Your Spiritual Revolution I: Introduction

Sounds legit ...

where do i place my credit card details ?

[edit on 17/7/10 by King Loki]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Hope this was a joke!

No, if you follow the posts more down the page you will see what my intentions are on this subject...

I am just an lightsoul who want to help the others to evolve...

Maybe, one day i will make a book out of it, but in the moment i live good from my musical earnings...

The only thing i want from you are stars and flag if you like what you read!

Peace!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

If you think its a joke why did you even read it let alone spend time to comment on it?? Hmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I use to do tarot cards too and about 6 months into it I started to get really good and I would do readings for my friends mom and my aunt. I dont need them anymore, I just use my feelings. I know what you mean, if someone is nervouse they tend to make me nervous too. or if someone is tired I feel myself getting tired... I used to get headaches alot but I was watching, I think it was psychic kids-children of the paranormal and the guidance counselor host guy, brought a very good idea to mind. He said that most of the time those headaches are caused by recieving to much emotional energy and was telling the little girl that she in time will learn how to block out other peoples emotions to where its not to much at once and cause real physical pain for her...... When he said that I knew it made sense for me!
lol atleast you grew up with someone who could relate my bestfriend just thought I was wierd LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

grew up? Nah he was just my room-mate for 2 years!.. but that was an important time for me. I still talk to him every day but I don't live with him. It's nice to bounce these things off other people and hear about the funny stuff happening around them as well.

I used to be powerfully negatively affected by people. My one boss at the time I always felt like a kick in the upper stomach around him, and when I felt this his eyes almost did this googly kind of thing. I used to be terrified to talk to that guy and I realized I was just picking up his insecurity.. a bit of mine mixed in there too didn't help. But I did this ninja mind control thing and made it stop.
You have a conversation with the person, mimic their body language like people unconsciously do when they speak anyway... just like an antenna shaping yourself to him. It helped build rapport and since that one conversation he really changed how he acted around me, struggled to call me "man". Funny. Anyways.

But yeah. I mean I am totally fine with public places, make no mistake. I can stand in the middle of the crowd and have people brushing up against me and I'm quite relaxed where others feel quite irrated. Its understandable, those people are in their "personal space", which really is like a 1 meter barrier, which happens to be like a level of your aura if you catch my drift. I can sense people by looking at them but that 1 meter bubble is when you feel the big stuff... anyways.. so I'm even better at being in crowds because i'm able to filter the crap out now and feel totally at peace, and kind of smile at people when I see their anxiety. But yeah.. this one time a couple years ago I got on the subway and it was torture, i stood by the doors, no'one was around me, but there was just a total feeling of the worst #$% i've ever felt. I was amazed no'one was feeling it or they were and they were passing it off as nothing. I was in hell. I wanted to get off at an earlier stop but toughed it out until my stop. It really was that bad. I kept yawning ever few seconds too. Some really weird stuff used to happen to me. Like I'd feel like I got knocked in the head by an invisible force. Things like that. All around its like learning to ride a bike and I had my share of falls. I had to get over a lot of fears and build more discipline.

Anyways. This technique I learned from a friend, he actually got it from some really intuitive lady to say the least. I entertained it a little, did it now and then, i didnt put much time into it. But damn it worked.. totally filtered out the crap and I realized it kind of solidifies with time, that is to say I don't have to do it anymore.

There definately are some techniques available to help with that kind of thing.

eeyup.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

If you are so intuitive and attuned to peoples feelings, anxieties etc.

Why aren't you playing poker? If I had your abilities I'd put it to good use.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I never learned. But that aint a bad idea! ha! I bet i'd be pretty good at it.

Actually you know its real surprising. I can't say it here because its about the "pot".. shhh... but I had an interesting match of crazy 8's, what a fun drunken night. Though others were reading me.

The only difference I realized with all this is people are already doing it. Only some of them are aware its actually something other then their own hunch. I didnt develop nothing. I just got clearer in the head and shifted my perspective as to what was already happening.. I mean some stuff really developed but there plenty already there. It was my basis to understanding what it was by correlating it to events in the past I overlooked.

I had one such I would call lucky occasion 2 years ago where we played this drinking game at this birthday party... take a chug every time you guess the card wrong. I guessed it right the first try. Needless to say I still drank at the pace I wanted. I had meditated before I went there that night, made me a real social zombie. The application of the reading I tried the sylva method. I've done some online tests and I actually scored #1 once for predicting these digital readings, more like influencing I thought. It was like 5 cards and you had to make them all the same symbol.. i was better at that one than the guessing one. One round of 25 cards I think I missed one!.. my odds were like 126 to 1.

Honestly, I don't tell people I'm a psychic, I really don't like that word. I'd say I'm developing some senses and I get lucky. I go on hunches and I go out of my way to do / say strange things to people and for the most part I keep the reasoning to myself. I cannot predict your future, and my inner visualization skills aint much to brag about. One thing I haven't tried which i'm interested in though is seeing what I can pick up from someone by touching their hand or something.

I had an intuitive girlfriend, it was kind of annoying actually. But I enjoyed that aspect as well.

Again. I dont claim to be psychic as others may define it. More like all the other stuff that's left out I posess. Maybe its just easier.

If I was engaged with someone in back and forth online chat I can pick up stuff too, its not limited to face to face conversation. Its why I actually avoided this place for several months this year. I wasn't concerned with what people were saying as much as how it felt. Even clicking on the homepage I felt it, it could have been just me. But it didnt feel like atmosphere it was a couple years ago. People on here always talk about "the old days" of ATS.. perhaps they are picking up on it too and dont realize it. I'm actually liking the feel of it recently.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Really when placed in an optimistic light, the only real sensory aspect that really excites me is my ability to use it for conversation. I think i'm pretty good at it. If I say something someone doesnt hear, I can feel it in them.. they could be someone just listening in.. and I'll say something humble after because some dont get my humor. I'll feel out the whole situation and environment. I gotta care less about the people listening though, that one annoys me.. well it annoys me that i'm annoyed.

But yeah.. for instance talking on msn or something, when its back and forth exchange like that and I feel a connection with the person (not always), I can feel if they are happy, bored.. and if they lie. The lies are funny to catch because its like that optimistic feeling you are having with the conversation.. it just dips and feels like its hiding, trying to conceal itself... almost childishly like the person is thinking "you can't see me if I can't see you!"..

But yeah, in all practicality I just think I'm pretty good at conversation with it all.

I think the poker thing works both ways though. I think people are sensing and not realizing it. I sense something is up in a card game, I try to dupe people and its like they knew that was my plan. I think its more of an attitude of wanting to REALLLY win. That's a tough one to get into. But when I try really hard to win, I get better cards etc.. My friend rory... lucky irish bastard... what does it mean to be lucky? He's dumb as a post, not the best card player, its just that he always gets the right ones, he always always wins at everything. I wonder if I lose because usually i'm indifferent to the result.

Think like manifestation / telekinesis of a sort..it becomes like a tug of war of who wants it most. Thats all that's going through my mind in a card game, trying to will myself to win.!

Umm.. another good and to me obvious one that everyone does and pays no attention to is catching each others eyes. You CANNOT look at me without me noticing you!.. I will turn right around from on top of a building and meet eyes with you. My supervisor would try to creep up on me at work and i'd always see him. I'd get urges to look up and people would be watching me work and want to talk to me. You can always feel when someone wants to get your attention. So i purposely dull my senses at work, music, sun glasses so people think I don't see them.

But the "eye-snap" thing.. i think its the real reason people wear sun glasses in the city.. to stare at people without them noticing you, lol.. they still do but they cant see through the glasses and they instantly glance away.. it works both ways.. I'll find someone and know I can get their attention.. sure enough.. their eyes snap to mine.. they don't pan over and see me.. they snap to me, and you can feel the connection, that connection is almost intamate, I bet you could manipulate people with it, some people have that "look". There was an article on ATS not too long ago about studies suggesting there is some low electrical charges given off by the eyes that people may be detecting.

Anyways, eyes is a huge one, play around with them. Get someones attention. Me, I won't look at anyones face, because they always catch me and I gotta decide if I want to stare with them or not!

I think these senses are the basis for a lot of insecurity people are feeling. Girls especially, i know they're feeling all those looks. Unwanted lust is a disgusting feeling.. it makes me shudder and I turn around to see what person is projecting that at me.

Lots of things man.. I could compile a list of things that just seemed basic to me, just simple things... because I see other people sense them too only they dont acknowledge it.. but they react to it like its a sense. It would only take a few steps for people to realize it, some meditation here and there would help.

If this is "psychic" I would say its the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Actually a lot of stuff I just mentioned seems rather instinctual and survival based, stuff animals do. They always notice weird stuff.

But that's what its like. I read something a while ago like there are 2 different kinds of intuition, INSTINCT, animal like ESP and the other kind. It was an interesting concept anyway. Still. I think a dog notices more #$% then me.

top topics

join