It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What *IS* a Disinfo Agent?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Disinformation Agents, as we all know, are PAID internet "Bloggers", and forum "Posters", who exchange money for their time in posting a specific agenda into this vast mechanism for collective conciousness.

Now, due to the nature of power... it is Centralized, and yet, still diverse.

At the TOP of any current power structure, you only have a handful of people... but these "People at the Top" are not all necessarily playing on the same side.

Sure, if you ask them if they are for a reduction in estate taxes, they would all be on the EXACT same side of the game board on that day, let me tell you...

But ask the people at the heart of power about.... Abortion, Israel-Palestine, Islam, Christianity, Atheism, etc, etc, etc...

And they will have many different views.

But they still have money.

In war, having the moral high ground is important to victory.

And in essence, having the moral high ground is basically doing what most people feel is justified.

So, one of the most important aspects of waging war, is to attempt to "Move" public consciousness in a direction that is most bennificial to your adgenda.

Thus, we would ultimately have disinfo agents posting against each other, and thus, all public forums where *ACTUAL* intellectual discussion occurs would necessarily INCREASE the overall amount of hostility in them.... as the "Information WAR" heats up.

Fret Not....

Stick to your Most powerful Weapons:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

And you should be fine.

Thoughts, comments, etc... are appreciated.

Please disseminate the strategy.

Sincerely,

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As used on ATS, a "disinfo agent" is anyone you disagree with.
Line 2.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the thing were forgeting is is theyr really any DIFFERENCE between a disinfo agent hired by obama and a normal negative troll who just want to make chaos for his own agenda?
these people are really EASY to spot,they screm undercover agent from miles away.
most of the time its not worth to reason with them,because they dont even want to see the other side of the story, to accept another persons view

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
the thing were forgeting is is theyr really any DIFFERENCE between a disinfo agent hired by obama and a normal negative troll who just want to make chaos for his own agenda?

And what of the people who simply disagree with your rationale? What of the people who believe that not all prosaic causes/answers have been fully investigated before taking the leap of faith into a conspiracy theory?

these people are really EASY to spot,they screm undercover agent from miles away.

I would suggest to you that that perspective is highly objective.

most of the time its not worth to reason with them,because they dont even want to see the other side of the story, to accept another persons view

The irony is that people who often jump to conspiratorial conclusions rarely accept a prosaic theory. It's really a case of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it.

IRM

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A 'disinfo agent' is anyone who agrees with someone who ought to be on meds for their paranoia. Simples...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I i have been accused of being a disinfo agent quite allot. I think it’s because it conform quite well to the status quo and am not a big fan of the more rightwing fanatical conspiracies. I actually quite like it, I find it quite flattering because it says to me that this person can’t argue with me as had resorted to pathetic insults. You know the argument is won when they pull out the old disinformation rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Disinformation Agents, as we all know, are PAID internet "Bloggers", and forum "Posters", who exchange money for their time in posting a specific agenda into this vast mechanism for collective consciousness.

Hey Edrick,

As was mentioned above, here on ATS anyone who disagrees with you is usually termed a DI.

But, as the company I worked for here in AD just went bankrupt I could use a few extra dirhams to pay the rent, food for me and my wife and maybe an airplane ticket one way back home to Louisiana.

Got any forms I could fill out? I do still have broadband access.
I could U2U my CV (resume)!!
Please help me and my family.[/sarc]

Thanks and 73's,
Tom (KC5ILU)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I'm really glad you found my post.

As it regards the same topic as yours.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Everyone who disagrees with what you think or have to say.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by Edrick

I actually quite like it, I find it quite flattering because it says to me that this person can’t argue with me as had resorted to pathetic insults. You know the argument is won when they pull out the old disinformation rhetoric.

Indeed!

IRM

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Ah thank you. Don’t know if I have been accused of being a disinfo agent in that one. I had one recently were i think every third thread accused me of being a disinfo agent.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You know the argument is won when they pull out the old disinformation rhetoric.

Unless they are right, that is.

(second line)

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

They could be........

Na only joking am not a disinfo agent, if i was its not like i would admit to it though.....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ah thank you. Don’t know if I have been accused of being a disinfo agent in that one. I had one recently were i think every third thread accused me of being a disinfo agent.

Nonononononononono.... you missed my meaning.

I was stating that the Recent "Hate" on above top secret could be the conflicting viewpoints of paid disinformation agents.

You Follow Me?

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I get called a disinfo agent, disinformationalist, intellectual herder, paid shill (which I think is redundant, BTW) and many of similar names. Why? Because I don't believe in conspiracy theories, I am a conservative, a LDS (that's Mormon, if you follow Icke), I believe in science, I do research using every source (not just alternative, which I consider to be biased because I've researched so many things from them and they all seem to have an agenda), and because I do not agree with many of the posters paranoid "they are trying to give it to us" mentality.

I am a non-working (outside the home) wife, married to the same man for 30 years, I have a grown son who is a licenced commercial plumber, who is married with 2, soon to be three, kids, my grandchildren. I read (especially science related), knit, spin, am a good cook, a fantastic baker, can tie my own flies. I can also sew all of my clothes should I wish to. I have three dogs, all spoiled brats.
I am not now, nor have I ever been paid by anyone to do anything online. My opinions are my own, carefully thought out before responding, and I try to have cites for anything I state as being a fact. I research EVERYTHING, and then those sources. I am intelligent enough to understand what good science method is, and insist it is used when needed. I'm a critical thinker by nature. I believe in being a good citizen, upholding the laws and all government officials. When I want change, I change my own world, those people and things which I have a direct influence on, and move onto my community by voting for the best person for a position, not the best party.
So tell me: How can you prove anyone is what you claim?
Do you have access to a payroll? Are you somehow privy to private information about me and my fellow "agents"? How did you get that information? How can you trust your source?
Or because I hold opinions different than yours? Because I use science, reasoning and logic? Because I refuse to be paranoid? Because I am trusting that there are experts out there on everything under the sun and I trust their knowledge, when their facts are able to be verified?

If you cannot provide proof for your statement, you are making assumptions about people, based on your view of the world, not FACT. You are calling many people, similar to myself, LIARS.
I am not a liar. I require proof from experts before believing anything. Apparently you do not.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I corrected somebody once (when he denied having said something), and I was told I was an obvious disinfo agent, on the grounds that;
"Why else would you have 'de-railing' in your name?"
So there you are; Disinfo agents give themselves away by the names they adopt- no subtlety.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Ah am with you now. I suppose its possible but i don’t really think that there are any disinfo agents on ATS. This is because ATS naturally attracts the paranoid mind and i think this is what largely contributes to the phenomenon of the “disinfo agents” and the rest of us just go with it. I think we on ATS do a better job of ignorantly spreading disinfo without any government or business group having to get involved. The conflicting hate views are a result of the verity of people on ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
well ok you have a point there!
my fanaticizm really gets me out of track sometimes. even though i think im pretty racional,and i really gets frustrated when people dont agree with me.
i usualy try to see the other side of the puzzle,but when people really just see a UFO in ENGLAND and say its a chinese lantern it gets me HOT
chinese lanterns are IN CHINA!.
o..london has a chinese district,forgot. anyway BUUHUU nowadays every ufo you see is a "chinese lantern"
i saw chinese lanterns the other day,i though its a ufo,but they were moving slow and the lights got off,so it was easy to say it was a chinese lantern

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

What *IS* a Disinfo Agent?

A disinfo agent is nothing more than the paranoid imaginings of a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I corrected somebody once (when he denied having said something), and I was told I was an obvious disinfo agent, on the grounds that;
"Why else would you have 'de-railing' in your name?"
So there you are; Disinfo agents give themselves away by the names they adopt- no subtlety.

So, I am guessing that you are on the payroll of Mossad, then?

(second line is quick)

-Edrick

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join